We finished sandblasting the frame today:
Sand blasted and wiped down with wax & grease remover:
Sprayed with 2 coats of SPI Epoxy primer:
Unfortunately while sand blasting we found 2 more rust spots that will have to be patched, here is one:
I have a 7 day recoat window with the epoxy so if I get my repairs done before then I can just shot over the existing primer without having to scuff or sand.
I'm still debating if we will try to fill any of the pits left from the rust, I'm tempted to but I have to keep telling myself it's just the frame!!!:
We still have a few more undercarriage parts to blast and prime. The 4" Rough Country lift kit is here and we are waiting on the red polyurethane bushing kit to show up.