"The Family Truckster" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "The Family Truckster"

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
hammered1
2004 WJ 

"The Family Truckster"

Well the time has come for me to start a build thread so here it goes.

About a year ago I got the Jeep bug again. Before I owned a TJ and really enjoyed it. But with a family now I need something with a little more room. I considered a m715 with 3 rows of seats (still a possibility in the future) but for now I went with a Grand Cherokee. After looking for several months I located a 2004 GC Overland with 67k miles that I got for a good deal.

So after some research I ordered the following:
Rough country long arm upgrade
6.5 IRO springs
Bilstein 5100's
Addco sway bar
Steering Stabilizer
New wheels
33 in tires
and some other misc parts.

But first things first. I serviced the front and rear diffs and the transfer case in preparation of the lift install. Ill try and get a pic uploaded soon for a before pic.

Larry

hammered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
hammered1
2004 WJ 

I forgot to mention the plan for this vehicle is a all around vehicle. I want it to be able to hit "some" rocks, trails, mud and general overlanding. It will be setup for camping.
hammered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

sounds like fun, i plan to eventually make a trailer for my jeep so i can haul camping gear

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.