EVOLUTION'S 97 tj - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > EVOLUTION'S 97 tj

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #76
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

picked up my hard top last night.. had to carry the thing bout 50 yards to the truck and up a steep bank, over a fence to get it in the bed.. just me and wife had to carry it... but its a very nice top.. just needs paint inside of it because its white....post pics later when i get it n my jeep...

97 TJ, custom long arm, custom tri link rear, 44 front-9in rear, Detroit and Yukon lockers, 4:88s, 37" bfg's ,tube fenders and crusher corners, process never ends...
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/evolutions-97-tj-1061890/[/url]
evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #77
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well, when i built my rollbar i built it to the measurements to a buddys hard top, well it lacked 1/2" of bolting on... that sucks.. so i had to break out the ol potorband and cut the rear hoop out..olwell i didnt like the rear hoop anyways..
97 TJ, custom long arm, custom tri link rear, 44 front-9in rear, Detroit and Yukon lockers, 4:88s, 37" bfg's ,tube fenders and crusher corners, process never ends...
Unread 02-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #78
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

also just got done putting in new re bushing in the front.. be surprised how much better i drives now...
Unread 02-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #79
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

when you drove my Jeep, you heard the noise I was getting from the front end, right? do you think that was bushings somewhere, motor mounts, or control arms? the popping has gotten worse, and I thought replacing my tranny mount would alleviate it, but it didn't. Now I'm going to do some Brown Dog motor mounts and see what's up, but I think it's something else. I need motor mounts regardless though.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #80
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
when you drove my Jeep, you heard the noise I was getting from the front end, right? do you think that was bushings somewhere, motor mounts, or control arms? the popping has gotten worse, and I thought replacing my tranny mount would alleviate it, but it didn't. Now I'm going to do some Brown Dog motor mounts and see what's up, but I think it's something else. I need motor mounts regardless though.
Have you checked your stock sway bar end links? Disco em and take a quick test drive to see if the noise goes away.
Unread 02-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #81
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Have you checked your stock sway bar end links? Disco em and take a quick test drive to see if the noise goes away.
I sure haven't. Sadly, I've never had a need to disconnect them and I was afraid if I did it just for the hell of it, I'd never get them reconnected. Haha! The only offroading I've been able to take it on lately was very, very, very mild trails. I'm going to go disco them now and see what happens. Would it be the bushings in the end links, or the end links themselves that need to be replaced if the popping goes away?
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #82
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
I sure haven't. Sadly, I've never had a need to disconnect them and I was afraid if I did it just for the hell of it, I'd never get them reconnected. Haha! The only offroading I've been able to take it on lately was very, very, very mild trails. I'm going to go disco them now and see what happens. Would it be the bushings in the end links, or the end links themselves that need to be replaced if the popping goes away?
well, theres a couple of things.. yeah check your end links, the bushings for thbe sway bar where it mounts to the frame, but i would say its your control arms, one of them.. i was goin thru them like a fat kid with jelly beans..the bushing is just a lite press in the stamped control arms..
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #83
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

my new hard top
011.jpg   012.jpg  
Unread 03-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #84
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

got some new magnaflow exhaust on the jeep today, new free flow cat and muffler .. got lucky and the rear o2 sensor works fine with the new smaller cat..
got to replace the rear skyjacker shock already.. flexed it and busted it.. under warranty and already have the new one..
Unread 03-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #85
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

which cat did you get? got a part number? i need to replace mine also.

thanks
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #86
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit455 View Post
which cat did you get? got a part number? i need to replace mine also.

thanks
yeah man i can get it for ya... the guys that did it for me said since it was the first years meaning 97-98 tj's the o2 senors had more of temp range on them is the reason the check engine light didnt come on.. which is a good thing...
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #87
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

been workin a lot of overtime this year, so i went a bought a few new toys..
pro tools full hydro tubing bender, will come in handy right off the bat...
new set of dimple dies is coming in..
hopefully i will be able to finish the cage out , and im goin to redo my tire carrier and my front stinger is goin to be gone..
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #88
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

been getn a lil tried of the steering here lately.. its made with ton ends and set up with crossover into the lower pass. side tie rod end.. i have a dead spot in the steering and with a dd everyday its starting to suck.. driving it to tenn on the 14th and im not goin to fight it.. so im goin to park it and fix it before i go and make it like the u-turn steering systems..
Unread 04-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #89
sibastiNo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

you probably have the sickest bumper i have ever seen.
sibastiNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #90
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibastiNo View Post
you probably have the sickest bumper i have ever seen.
sell it do ya.. getting ready to cut it up soon as i get time

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.