EVOLUTION'S 97 tj - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > EVOLUTION'S 97 tj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Tweaks at JeepHutJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 12-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #46
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

havet worked on the jeep yet but i did pick up a 72 f100 9in rearend... there wasnt a tag on it, so i will have to tear it down and see whats inside...it is 56 1/2 from backing plate to plate.. same as my waggy front..

goin 4:56, locker? any suggestions? its a dd 95% of the time..

97 TJ, custom long arm, custom tri link rear, 44 front-9in rear, Detroit and Yukon lockers, 4:88s, 37" bfg's ,tube fenders and crusher corners, process never ends...
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/evolutions-97-tj-1061890/[/url]
evolution is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #47
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You thinking about getting rid of the stinger? I've been wanting one, to eventually go along with flat fenders and I wanted to get some d-ring shackle tabs welded on to my AtoZ bumpers. I was actually going to ask if you thought you'd have time in the future to fab me up a stinger to add on to my bumper and how much you'd charge for that. I know SCC was doing a tube group buy, but I'm probably too late for that.

Your rig is a lot more capable than mine, and I don't have any experience with lockers personally, but I'd definitely go with a selectable locker if you're daily driving it. I know people say you can get used to driving it with a lunchbox locker, but I think selectable is the best way to go with a daily driver.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #48
Chiles
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Your TJ is brutal.
Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #49
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
You thinking about getting rid of the stinger? I've been wanting one, to eventually go along with flat fenders and I wanted to get some d-ring shackle tabs welded on to my AtoZ bumpers. I was actually going to ask if you thought you'd have time in the future to fab me up a stinger to add on to my bumper and how much you'd charge for that. I know SCC was doing a tube group buy, but I'm probably too late for that.

Your rig is a lot more capable than mine, and I don't have any experience with lockers personally, but I'd definitely go with a selectable locker if you're daily driving it. I know people say you can get used to driving it with a lunchbox locker, but I think selectable is the best way to go with a daily driver.
yeah man, just give me a shoot sometime late jan. i got 4 taco bumpers and one super duty bumper to do plus working on the ratrod in the garage.. be glad to do it for ya.. and as for the 9in i believe im goin to with a lunch box locker.. would you be interested in my dana 35? chromo axles and detroit locker 4:11s..

and thank ya Chiles its in a progress..
97 TJ, custom long arm, custom tri link rear, 44 front-9in rear, Detroit and Yukon lockers, 4:88s, 37" bfg's ,tube fenders and crusher corners, process never ends...
Unread 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #50
Ethan79
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution View Post
would you be interested in my dana 35? chromo axles and detroit locker 4:11s..
Im intrested... How much you looking to get for it?
Unread 12-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #51
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan79 View Post
Im intrested... How much you looking to get for it?
let me think bout it, i will get back to ya.. its still in the jeep..
Unread 12-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #52
Ethan79
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
let me think bout it, i will get back to ya.. its still in the jeep..
Alrighty. Let me know. Hopefully mine doesnt take a dump in the mean time... You think i can run 35's on those shafts w/ a locker?
Unread 12-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #53
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well ive been running 35's for 2 years on it.. and have wheeled it and no probs.. i know everybody says the 35 is junk, but its not let me down.. and i just put the chromos in it late summer.. only thing is thou its trussed and 4 linked.. upper tabs had been cut off.. would have to have some to weld back on.. no a prob thou
Unread 12-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #54
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

heres a rat rod im building for a guy.. 50 ford.. new frame, 600hp 460, t5 trans, ford 9in and goin to chop the top 8in.. and its 3" off the ground..

then the yota is mine in the christmas parade..
rat-rod-042.jpg   rat-rod-043.jpg   rat-rod-044.jpg   rat-rod-045.jpg   rat-rod-008.jpg  

Unread 12-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #55
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That rat rod looks sick in person, and the Toyota is much bigger in person! I'm not going to lie. I felt like a little kid looking up at both of the trucks. They're monsters!

As for your axle, I wish I could, but I don't have the money for yet another swap and I need to do at least 4.56's or 4.73's anyway If I bought yours, I'd have to regear my front, or buy yours too. I'm hoping to get an 8.8 sometime in the next 6 months.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #56
wrangler04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I love the front bumper!
wrangler04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #57
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
goin 4:56, locker? any suggestions? its a dd 95% of the time..
ARB air lockers. Pretty much the best locker you can buy imo
Moto4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #58
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto4x4 View Post
ARB air lockers. Pretty much the best locker you can buy imo
im not sure they make a arb for a 9in.. pretty sure they dont.. dont quote me thou..
Unread 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #59
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler04 View Post
I love the front bumper!
thank ya man..
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #60
evolution
1997 TJ Wrangler 

after running the factory marker light in the front since summer.. i finally gotten around to mounting the right one in my fenders that i wanted in there.. heres some pics

i used the factory marker lights off the fender flares, come spring i will pull them back off and paint the alum diamond thread the same color as the jeep

also put on some new daystar swaybar bushings.. factory ones was shot..
005.jpg   006.jpg   007.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.