EugeneTheTJ's 2003 TJ Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > EugeneTheTJ's 2003 TJ Build Thread

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #91
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I still can't figure out this MML so Im just gonna get someone else to do it.

Unfortunately, I now can't get the motor mount out so I can take off the spacer. I really hate my Jeep right now, and JKS.

Oh, and to add to my enthusiasm, its raining like hell. What a great fall break.

EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #92
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I finally got the stock motor mount back in and bolted up. I modified the fan shroud, and I took off my center console so that I have reverse.

These are all temporary, however.

I'm going to order a legit 1" MML, not the piece of crap JKS Budget one, and I'm gettin someone else to install it. Life is better!
Unread 10-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #93
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

is the jks one really tha bad? i wanna know if i should order it or not
APEDZ04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #94
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

IMO it is. But then again if the install went smooth, I would probably be praising it.
Unread 10-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #95
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

did you watch the video made by romken? that might help if you havent seen it
Unread 10-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #96
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I watched it a few times. They make the install look like a piece of cake. In my case it wasn't
Unread 10-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #97
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

what exactlly are you having trouble with? im sorry for asking these questions i just dont want to shell out the cash for a piece for crap if it is
Unread 10-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #98
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well first, i couldn't get the bolts through the chassis. Then once I did I couldn't get the crossbolt through. Then a bunch of other stuff happened and it just didn't work for me. I think that a true MML will be both a better product and an easier install. I'd go ahead and shell out the 30 extra bucks if I were you. I'm getting a Brown Dog 1" MML
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #99
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Had to remove the center console from the cupholder forward as a temp fix to regain reverse. Heres some pics
consolegone1.jpg   consolegone2.jpg  
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #100
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Went to get a haircut and parked beside a Comanche. I enjoy this pic
mecomanche.jpg  
Unread 10-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #101
Genericusername
2002 WJ 

nice rig bro, trying to save up so i can trade up for a TJ. And pics like yours with specs helps me try to figure what i want.. A tip on your attempts at HDR, First HDR photos dont work well with car shots. But, finding a place with more sky,shade, and shadow helps. Also keep your aperature locked and use the shutter speed to alter your exposure times... HDR is all about taking about three pics, one over exposed, one under, and one metered right to get the highlights and shadows to work with it... anyways try to adjust your tonal curves and contrast too. Ohhhh ya and nice Jeep haha
by the thing that spins when you drive underneath
Genericusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #102
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericusername View Post
nice rig bro, trying to save up so i can trade up for a TJ. And pics like yours with specs helps me try to figure what i want.. A tip on your attempts at HDR, First HDR photos dont work well with car shots. But, finding a place with more sky,shade, and shadow helps. Also keep your aperature locked and use the shutter speed to alter your exposure times... HDR is all about taking about three pics, one over exposed, one under, and one metered right to get the highlights and shadows to work with it... anyways try to adjust your tonal curves and contrast too. Ohhhh ya and nice Jeep haha
Thanks man. Yea I noticed the difference in sky and shadow shots. One of the main problems is I took these without using a tripod. Its in my closet somewhere. You'll love the TJ though!
Unread 10-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #103
alecmcmahon

What issues are you having with the Motor mount lift? it sounds a little difficult but it's really quite simple when done.

If you have any questions on doing it feel free to PM me and I'll walk you through it.
Unread 10-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #104
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
What issues are you having with the Motor mount lift? it sounds a little difficult but it's really quite simple when done.

If you have any questions on doing it feel free to PM me and I'll walk you through it.
I had trouble first getting the crossbolt on. Then I had trouble getting the bolts lined up to the chassis. Then once I found out I couldn't do it, I had trouble getting the mount back off. I finally got the mount and spacer off, and the stock mount back in and bolted up. Then I modified my fan shroud so it would work w/o the MML. I'm gonna order the Brown Dog MML and have someone else do it. I simply don't have the time or patience to go through this again. Thanks though! I love your Jeep BTW!
Unread 10-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #105
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looks great man

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best avatars on jf , dd on 35's , retired dd , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.