EugeneTheTJ's 2003 TJ Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > EugeneTheTJ's 2003 TJ Build Thread

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #76
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep89JV View Post
Good build so far, I plan to be purchasing a TJ fully stock here coming monday if everything goes as planned. Always interesting to see how others built their rigs up!

Anyhow just wanted to ask why you chose 4.56s? Are you not planning to go any larger than 33s?
Not for a long time. Eventually I will have 35s but for right now I dont need 4.88 and my D30 wont even hold a 5.13. 4.56 will be perfect for now and I will keep them for a good while. However, when my engine dies (which will be in a long, long time), I plan on dropping in a 5.7 and doing a one ton build similar to flatlanders

EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #77
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Not for a long time. Eventually I will have 35s but for right now I dont need 4.88 and my D30 wont even hold a 5.13. 4.56 will be perfect for now and I will keep them for a good while. However, when my engine dies (which will be in a long, long time), I plan on dropping in a 5.7 and doing a one ton build similar to flatlanders
I see, was curious about what the future goal was. Lots of money to put into a rig that will transform into a 1ton later though

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #78
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I see, was curious about what the future goal was. Lots of money to put into a rig that will transform into a 1ton later though
While this is true, the one ton build is simply a dream at this point. By the time I am ready to do a one ton build, I will be out of school, have another dd, and have the monetary resources to complete such a project. For now, my list is realistic and will produce a very capable jeep.
Unread 10-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #79
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
While this is true, the one ton build is simply a dream at this point. By the time I am ready to do a one ton build, I will be out of school, have another dd, and have the monetary resources to complete such a project. For now, my list is realistic and will produce a very capable jeep.
Definitely, I too have the dream of the 1ton build. Though i find myself doing the 8.8 rear with 4.88s and 35s on a 4" immediately(Within three months of purchase) and staying that height for several years.

Like you said once out of school and have another DD then things change .

Looks great though man, I like to see how others build their TJ on a budget I can relate to. Sometimes I see a build and can only dream, never achieve/afford!

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #80
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks great though man, I like to see how others build their TJ on a budget I can relate to. Sometimes I see a build and can only dream, never achieve/afford!
Thanks
Unread 10-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #81
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Heres another attempt at HDR. I really like this one
offroadpm.jpg  
Unread 10-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #82
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cant wait until Wednesday so I get to drive my baby again. Fall Break!!
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #83
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Fall break is here!!!

BL/MML are going on tomorrow. I'm about to go to autozone and grab some PB Blaster then soak the piss out of my bolts. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Unread 10-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #84
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Body Lift is on. Working on the MML right now. Pics coming tonight or tomorrow! It looks good by the way
Unread 10-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #85
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

This MML install is killing me. The passenger side is supposed to be the "easy" side. NOT. Taking everything off was easy, putting it back on is a PITA

Im gonna be wrenching all night
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #86
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

So by the way I sold my old tires! New top coming soon, then I am starting on the 8.8 build/swap!
Unread 10-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #87
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, so I put my JKS 1.25" BL on today. Here are some pics.

First, a side pic of wheel well clearance before the lift
sidewell-pre-bl.jpg  
Unread 10-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #88
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some pics of the cautionary procedures. I took off the fan shroud and the coolant overflow reservoir, as well as the gas filler bezel. Also shown is a pic of the body pucks and hardware.
fanshroud-off.jpg   gasbezeloff.jpg   hardware.jpg  
Unread 10-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #89
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a before and after shot of the tire clearance in the well.
sidewell-pre-bl.jpg   side-well-post-bl.jpg  
Unread 10-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #90
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some more post-install pics. I really like the additional height and clearance! Now if I could just get this damn MML on :
well-after-bl.jpg   caddy-after-bl.jpg  

Tags
best avatars on jf , dd on 35's , retired dd , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.