EugeneTheTJ's 2003 TJ Build Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > EugeneTheTJ's 2003 TJ Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #151
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its my bros. I think 07, maybe 08 GSXR 600

EugeneTheTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #152
CarolinaExPat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It's a 2007 GSX-R600. It's actually for sale if you are interested. I'm his brother by the way. The bike is in great condition with low mileage (a little more than 2000). It hasn't been ridden that hard either, just a few quick accels but no stunts or anything. I enjoy living and being able to walk. Let me know if you are.
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If you quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong.
CarolinaExPat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #153
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaExPat View Post
It's a 2007 GSX-R600. It's actually for sale if you are interested. I'm his brother by the way. The bike is in great condition with low mileage (a little more than 2000). It hasn't been ridden that hard either, just a few quick accels but no stunts or anything. I enjoy living and being able to walk. Let me know if you are.
Haha thats alright, I love those bikes but you dont even need to list your price because i know i couldn't afford it. I've got a '96 katana 750 right now and its just about as fast as my roomate's '06 cbr 600rr so i imagine its similar to the gsxr too, but the lack of fuel injection is really starting to get to me. It runs absolutely terrible in the mornings because they need a rebuild. I also have been having that same kind of thought process and really thinking about getting a drz400s, i can go on and off road and i'll have more fun learning stunts and stuff like that at slower and safer speeds than 120+. and a lot less of a chance of a speeding ticket.
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #154
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Matt, you could just give me the bike. I could use it as a commuter next year, haha.
Unread 11-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #155
CarolinaExPat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Or, I've got a better idea...I'll sell it for Jeep parts. So my bolts are still stuck and the hick working at the repair shop said he wouldn't touch them and "I'm on my own on that one." So, I want to knock this dude's teeth out and I'm still left with one less shock.
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If you quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong.
CarolinaExPat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #156
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Take it to a different shop, or go to Sears and get a good bolt extactor
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #157
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am getting rock sliders for Christmas and I am torn between the A to Z rockers and the Poison Spyder rockers. help me choose!!!!!

here are the a to z on ciscok1d's Jeep

here are the poison spyders on Gecko5's jeep

I know I want the tube, and they will be powdercoated. I just can't decide between the two. help me!!
Unread 11-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #158
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Where did you find that pic of the a-to-z rockers? Are they recent because the tube on them looks a little thicker than the tube on mine which are about 1 1/2 years old. If the newer ones have the thicker tube then i'd totally go with them. I really like mine but the one thing i dont like is after one good hit, the tube on my pass side has a dent in it, not horrible but i notice it. And i personally like the styling of them the best and you can't beat their price vs any other ones.Oh and another thing for the a to z's, they have the most underside coverage next to rockmen, they go almost all the way to the frame through out the whole length of the rocker guard.
Another thing tho, do you think you'll want wheel well to wheel well? or just flare to flare? because ww2ww is only available through rockmen and a to z as far as i know
Unread 11-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #159
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think flare to flare will be fine, esp because I am getting tube fenders. I really am leaning toward the PSCs though. I love the AtoZ but the look of the PSC is just nasty
Unread 11-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #160
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
I think flare to flare will be fine, esp because I am getting tube fenders. I really am leaning toward the PSCs though. I love the AtoZ but the look of the PSC is just nasty
Then go for psc, its your jeep so its your call man and they do look pretty sick!
Unread 11-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #161
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have decided on the PSC. Now should I paint them or have them powdercoated?
Unread 11-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #162
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure, my buddy has the a to z's powder coated and it looks nice and holds up well but when you actually hit it on a rock it will come off eventually just like the paint will, then you still got to touch it up just like you would with paint. So its kind of a waste of money when you look at it like that.
Then again, if you dont use them too hard the powder coat doesnt scuff or scratch with everyday use getting in and out so it will look better for longer like that.

Personally tho, i'd probably just paint them and you can still touch them up easily and have less money spent.
Unread 11-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #163
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am thinking of just painting them and them putting some grip tape where I would step.
Unread 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #164
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ya i'm still thinking of doing something like that to mine. Or i might put herculiner on just the bar, because that's what has taken the most abuse on mine, and would help for 'no slip' step kind of thing.
Unread 11-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #165
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did a Few Things today

First of all, I found my tripod so I took it through some trails and snapped some HDR pics. Here they are for your viewing pleasure.
caddycornweb.jpg   frontweb.jpg   endoftrailweb.jpg  

Tags
best avatars on jf , dd on 35's , retired dd , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.