Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

EugeneTheTJ's 2003 TJ Build Thread

208K views 1K replies 127 participants last post by  EugeneTheTJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, its been a little over a year since I got my Jeep, and Ive taken some pics along the way. This is my build thread. Feel free to offer any advice on anything, share your opinions, etc.

This is what I started with:

-2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 5 spd
-D30,D35
-Faded Flares
-225/70R15 Kelly Safari
-Ecco Wheels

Here are some pics when he was stock

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The first thing to go in to her was an audio system...I just couldnt take the stock setup. I replaced the dash 4x6s and the soundbar 5.25"s with Memphis MClass coaxials. Next I added an Alpine head unit with iPod controls and. The subs in this thing are monstrous. Four 15" Memphis PRs in a custom downfiring enclosure. I know subs arent very "Jeepy," but I love them, and they sound good with all music, surprisingly. The third pic is a look under my box from the pass. side floor. I will try to get a better pic when i lift the box up

Attachments

#4 ·
Next to my mods were new flares and tires. I went with OEM replacements and 31x10.50 ProComp Xtreme All Terrains

Attachments

#5 ·
Then Christmas came...Santa brought me a new front bumper (Smittybilt XRC) and a Warn M8000 winch. I also bought a pair of KC Long Range Slimlites off a buddy of mine. The winch took awhile to get on b/c I had to order the Solenoid Mounting bracket later

Attachments

#12 ·
Additional mods so far:
-Skid Row Steering Box Skid Plate
-Teraflex CB Antenna Mount with FireStik 3' Antenna
-Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers with Embroidered Jeep Logo
-ProComp 30' Recovery Strap
-Receiver Hitch D-Ring
-Skyjacker Grab Handles

I will add pics of these soon, I am at school right now and dont have them

#13 ·
Future Mods:
-RC 3.25" Suspension Lift with Perf 2.2 Shocks
-RC Perf 2.2 Steering Stabilizer
-1" Body Lift
-Cragar Black Soft 8's (15x8)
-33x12.50 KM2(5)
-Delta Quad Bar Headlamps
-ARB Snorkel
-Warn Gas Tank Skid
-Tummy Tuck
-ViAir Onboard Air System
-Viking Winchline
-Rock Sliders
-D30 Superior Axle Shafts with Detroit Locker and 4.56 gears
-D44 Rear with same internals as the D30

#14 ·
Pics of Aforementioned Mods, Pt 1

Here are some pics of the previously mentioned mods so far.

1) Four Memphis PR15" subs
2) Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers with Embroidered Jeep Logo
3) Skyjacker Grab Handles

Attachments

#15 ·
Aforementioned mods, pt. 2

More mods so far

1) Teraflex CB Antenna Mount with Firestik 3' Antenna
2) D Ring Receiver Hitch
3) Windshield Stickers (Glock SafeAction Pistols, Memphis Car Audio, JEEPFORUM.COM)

Attachments

#18 ·
My RC lift came in today along with the new steering stabilizer. I will post pics tonight. BTW I am very impressed with RC. I got my lift in just two days and the shipping was essentially free because of the 10% JF discount!

#19 ·
Ok, my RC lift is on and I have a few issues. First of all, the steering wheel is off 90 degrees to the right. Im pretty sure the alignment tomorrow will fix this, but if I am mistaken then please correct me. (BTW the front track bar had to be redrilled). Secondly, My transfer case will not shift into 4-lo and 4-hi is slightly farther back in the shift sequence. The TC drop was installed, and I didnt seem to have any vibrations while driving. So, how can I make it so where I have 4-lo, and do I need to take off the TC drop?

#22 ·
Alright yall. Here is my list of future mods. Critique me, and tell me if anything is wrong (esp. with the gears and lockers). BTW, the BL/MML are ordered, and I'm getting the wheels and tires in Oct. Let me know what you think

Attachments

#27 ·
Yea, I did. I kinda wish I wouldve gone with SirGCals setup, but I hadnt been introduced to JF yet. It actually isnt too much bass though, it sounds pretty good, even on country. And theyve been rained on. The box is herculined and theyre downfiring so a light drizzle isnt too much too worry about. THe top is up anyways if it is raining alot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.