Duc's little girl named Dainty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Duc's little girl named Dainty

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 02-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Building for the Rubicon Trail

i've been reading everyone's build threads about their rigs and i figured that it would be time to create my own as a way of continuing my motivation and keeping track of things.

i know it's not much and as one of my friends said "take your time, it'll come together" and another person that i consider a mentor showed me, four squirrels can still be badass

i picked up my 97 wrangler SE in september 2011. yes it was used but damn she looked good. a little on the small side but she had potential

everything stock (2.5L, ax15, np231, 31X10.50R15 on canyon rims)

after riding around for almost a year stock like that, i met up with members of element offroad here in MD

i picked up a set of skyjacker nitro charged shocks with a 2in budget boost

before the springs were installed, the members of the group wanted me to wheel at rausch so i could learn the capabilities of my jeep and see what i wanted to build on and make a plan

after that, i was hooked. next came the installation of the rims, tires, and lift. i also fell in love with plasti-dip

after rolling around like this for a few months, onto one of the guy's property in MD to do some testing and tuning of the lift and wheels. aka mudding

another trip to rausch where another member showed me that even with 4 squirrels and the ugly 30/35 combo, by taking the right line....i could still wheel with the big boys. no more green trails

picked up some H4 headlights and installed my hi-lift on the front bumper

picked p a stubby from a member on here that was in the classifieds section

bedlined the fender flares. no more grey. hello black

picked up a hardtop from another member on here. just in time for fall/winter. last year was brutal with the soft top. also moved the high lift to the hood due to the install of the stubby

hmmm, that's where my exhaust leak was coming from. cracked exhaust manifold. time for a replacement

back to RC. this time as a camera man for one of my friends and other people there

snow in MD. not enough to have fun in

installed the sliders that i picked up from MO2500 last year

back to rausch to conquer the blues on my own. lesson: i need new tires, although i did conquer my first blue-black trail

going to try and install my grill hoop and winch plate this weekend along with my daystar 1.25in body lift

Last edited by duc202; 09-09-2013 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: motivational change
duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #2
matt93
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Subbed 👍nice build! What size are those duratracs?

[COLOR="DarkRed"][/COLOR]Siena Pearl Owners Member 57
matt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

33x12.50r15's on 15x10 soft 8s

i'm looking to move down from a 15x10 to a 15x8 rim though
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like the white jeep with black grille look! Did you end up keeping those Rokmen corners I sold you?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
jeep50

Nice! Great pics too!
jeep50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I like the white jeep with black grille look! Did you end up keeping those Rokmen corners I sold you?
i had to let them go due to some medical bills that came up. i'm eyeing them again but for the most part, i need to fcous on getting off of this dirty 35 rear axle. my neighbor wants to sell me a rockjock center but building that thing up is going to be costly. i found a ford 9in for 200 last week but i will have to factory in the cost of mounts and costs to have them welded onto the axle

as far as recent developments, i'll update it later on this evening
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

after getting tired of having to watch out for deer on the way home, i invested in some KC lights from a member on here and fogs from a friend in the area

i got tired of looking at the front stubby since i wanted to move onto getting a winch and winch plate. contacted Mike and he mentioned that he had a stubby with a winch plate for sale. he also welded on my jeeptubes bar (rode around for a week with it unpainted. weather sucked).

invested in some more stickers for hp and went retro with the amc jeep sticker
img_2475.jpg   img_2536.jpg   img_2588.jpg   img_2600.jpg   img_2608.jpg  

img_2611.jpg  
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

decided to put the soft top back on yesterday since i got a free top and side windows from a friend in the area(will explain why it was free).

getting the hard top into storage was pure comedy at best. found some mexican contractors putting up their lawn equipment and i bartered a six pack of corona's for their help in removing it and putting it in my storage container. one of them almost dropped the hard top.

the soft top was another obstacle for yesterday. i'm not sure if it's that the top was cut a little too long on one side OR my frame hardware is really that messed up(when i bought the jeep, the PO had PVC pipe on the left side pushing up the left rear corner) , the right side fits perfectly without any slack(had to pull down on the rear right top corner frame hardware while my fiancee pulled the bottom right corner of the soft top for it to fit under the lip of the tub. once it heats up again, i may make more adjustments to it
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

it's been awhile since I've even touched this thread. Figured I would update it since I've been motivated by Lou, Mike, Art, GST's, bradentaala's wheeling pics of trails out west

someone once said "you're either living or you're dying".

Looks like I need to start living because this dying slowly crap is for the birds

did a little bit more wheeling in June with some of the guys from my area (started to really develop a solid group of guys who will help push me to build my jeep into a better vehicle. Only doing the blues and purple trails is starting to get boring...as well as having to take the bypasses when they do the red and black trails)

finally pulled the trigger on an ford 8.8 for the rear. (4.10 w LSD)

picked up some new rubber from another friend in the area (33x12.50). couldn't pass up the deal since they had 95% tread left and all he wanted was $250

invested in a corba cb and firestik for the jeep to help out with communicating while out on the trails

ordered the artec 8.8 swap kit with truss to get installed next month after ordering the rear CAs

picked up a helmet to learn how to weld for any upcoming projects and looking into a 110-120v flux/MIG welder. There isn't a garage at my townhouse so all projects will have to be done in the daylight hours

invested in a set of LED lights for the rear (awaiting the purchase of the GENRIGHT rear bumper and four backup lights to complete this install along with some full corner armor for the rear)
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

since i was furloughed last week (thank you USG), i finally took the time to install my LockRight locker and steering skid in preparation for Big Dogs Fall Crawl. My friend named Will helped getting the locker installed and teaching me some things (we had to replace the u joint in the front right axle shaft)

out with the old

in with the new

cleaned up the steering skid that i got from MO2500. character points are abundant on this skid

wire wheeled, grinded, flap disced, and painted w three coats of bedliner

installed.
*when we attempted to refill the diff with gear oil, we noticed that the drain plug was stripped. Will welded a bolt onto it for easy removal until i get a new diff cover

everything will be tested this week at Big Dogs Fall Crawl.

Here's a mini-movie that i put up on youtube from my first year of wheeling with the jeep (both iPhone and GoPro footage)
Unread 02-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #11
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

damn. it's been a while since i updated this thread. looking at things today, my need to install/have on hand list is getting bigger than the already installed list

how she sits now

the ugly list stuff to install

trying to have everything installed by Big Dogs Ice Breaker
Unread 03-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #12
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

i think this is the first time i met someone on ig, then found them on jf. usually the other way around, lol rig looks great man
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #13
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

speaking of which, I need to update this thing. I've been cutting at this thing as of recent.

i'll update it tonight (BTW, come down to MD sometime)
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #14
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc202 View Post
speaking of which, I need to update this thing. I've been cutting at this thing as of recent.

i'll update it tonight (BTW, come down to MD sometime)
I'm in a club down there. They frequent Rausch and I also have have a place in de. So coming down is no problem!
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #15
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

time to update this thing.

over the summer I picked these hylines(Overkill Engineering) up from a member on Pirate4x4

a new clutch since mine decided to **** the bed. PO never replaced it. I think that they PO decided to sell it once needed repairs started to arise

did some wheeling with Chaos Fab over the winter at their new park in W.VA/VA

started to do that thing that most of us jeep owners do...accumulate parts no install date around the corner (new grill for light mockup. tnt customs battery tray and water bottle). Barnes4WD 2in drop skid

brown dog 1MML. Daystar transmission mount

FXD gas tank skid

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.