DJ's '06 LJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > DJ's '06 LJ

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

What's up y'all

I'll keep it short and sweet. I'm DJ, a 19 year old college student from Northern Virginia and I have a black 2006 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ). Right now I have no clue what I want to do with my life so i'm trying not to rush into it all. I'm just saving money for my Jeep.

I have big plans ahead (even on a college student budget) and can't wait to get started. I've taken inspiration from many others on here and want to do my own thing as well.

Last edited by shewantsthedj; 05-14-2014 at 05:48 AM..
shewantsthedj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So I started off just doing some small stuff like painting the showing frame and the ugly bezels.

Now the Jeep has:
-Smittybilt Stinger
-Smittybilt Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
-Bestop Trektop NX
-Poison Spyder Hood Louver
-Smittybilt Sliders
-33x12.5x15 Baja MTZ on 15x8 MT Classic III ✓
-MetalCloak ARB Duroflex Kit w/ Aluminum Arms and OME SS ✓
-AA SYE/Tom Woods DS ✓
-ORO Litedots ✓
-Litedot License Plate Relocator w/ 3rd Light ✓
-Banks Exhaust ✓
-Window Tint ✓
-Currie HD Steering ✓

Next Up:
-Tummy Tuck
-Monstaliner
-Fenders/Flares
-Windshield Fogs
-Winch
-Limb Risers
-Mirrors/Mirror Relocation

Somewhere down the road:
-Half Doors
-Volant PowerCore Snorkel/Intake (waterproof all engine components too)
-TruckLites
-Tailgate Conversion
-HP30
-Regear (Would do it now, but everyone around me charges ridiculous prices)
-35s
-Repaint? I love the black, but it's already starting to get pretty beat up.

So far i'm pretty happy with the Smittybilt stuff besides it all being unnecessarily hard to install. If they'd just take some time to perfect little things like holes lining up and inconsistent welds they'd be golden.

Last edited by shewantsthedj; 05-14-2014 at 05:46 AM..
Unread 05-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Then and Now

Current:

Previous:
screen-shot-2014-05-12-9.52.40-pm.png

screen-shot-2014-05-12-9.53.03-pm.png

screen-shot-2014-05-12-9.52.15-pm.png

Unread 05-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #4
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The other day I went to a local club members place and got the hood louver and rock sliders installed. Took quite a bit of time to finish it all up, and cutting the hood was absolutely terrifying for me. Once it was all done I remembered why I love doing this stuff. They both turned out great in my opinion and i'll be sure to post some updated pictures when I can.

In other recent news, I just placed my order for the MetalCloak 3.5" ARB Duroflex kit w/ aluminum arms and an SYE/DS from Savvy
Unread 06-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Lake house shots

I just want to flex ;(

Where the magic happens
Unread 06-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #6
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Brief Update:

I'm heading down to Mississippi for a couple days and plan on ordering some stuff midway through so i'm not stressing over shipments coming in while i'm gone. The ORO LiteDOT tail lights and the spare license plate relocator w/ ORO's PlateLITE are both are definitely going to be ordered. I'm also pretty set on the Banks Monster exhaust as most people seem to like it and my current exhaust is pretty rusted out...not to mention the price is fairly reasonable too. The one thing i'm having second thoughts about is the Volant Powercore Snorkel/CAI. It's not so much second thoughts, because it's something I am going to get. I'm more trying to prioritize different parts. It's kind of between the snorkel, TruckLites, the new X20 10k waterproof Smitty winch (w/ synthetic), or the extra things to complete a tummy tuck (SYE/DS already ordered). All will be bought somewhere down the road, but i'm trying to decide which would be best for right now.

I kind of narrowed down my Monstaliner colors a bit too. The inside is going to be black regardless of what I make the exterior. As for the exterior, my favorite is WWII OD Green with Apocalypse and Outbreak in close competition. My biggest issue with the OD green is that I really want a dark/matte green and everything i've seen just makes it look too light. A mix of Jungle Love and the OD would probably be perfect.

Oh, I also decided to get new windshield wipers and ended up cracking my windshield pretty badly There goes $250 that was going to be my new CB setup.
Unread 09-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah i'm pretty bad at keeping this updated . Anyways, I ended up getting the tint, lift kit, exhaust, sye/ds, tint, hd steering, tail and plate lights, etc. (mainly the stuff that I checked off). I had the Volant snorkel on the way, but decided to cancel the order because I needed the money to be spent elsewhere. For the moment, it's unnecessary.

In order, I installed the exhaust, tail lights/plate lights, lift kit, hd steering, tires/wheels, and most recently the sye/ds. I did 95% of it all myself and it was very time consuming. I wouldn't have been able to do a few things without the help of some local club members.

I am extremely satisfied with my choices and the results. The Jeep has never driven as well as it does now.

My windshield is still cracked so that's up next after school expenses and whatnot.
Unread 09-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Some pics

Unread Yesterday, 09:00 PM   #9
shewantsthedj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nothing big, but I picked up some grab handles along with mirror relocation brackets. Local guy gave me a great deal so I figured why not

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.