Dirts 98 TJ "Runt" LCG Build thread - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Dirts 98 TJ "Runt" LCG Build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 04-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #181
Dirt22

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Riffle canyon is one canyon over from Crowbar right of soggy lake in Johnson valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustD View Post
Sweet build I didn't realize there we're so many people from California on JF.
Agreed, And for those people in SoCal, my jeep club is having a "Jeep Parts Swap Meet" Buying and selling of jeep parts. Should be pretty cool, it's gonna be April 30th (Sat) at 7am, We're gonna hold it in the parking lot of my friends shop, The Auto Dr. 42255 Baldaray Circle, Temecula, CA 92590

Craigslist link: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/2308108484.html

Dirt22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #182
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustD View Post
Sweet build I didn't realize there we're so many people from California on JF.
You can always look on www.myjeeprocks.com for peeps from So Cali to wheel with. It's a local forum with dedicated Jeepers from mostly So Cali
Unread 04-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #183
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here is your Atlas 5:1 installed with a flat belly skid

You'll love the gearing with it, crawls great and front wheel digs are plain cool
Unread 04-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #184
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345
Riffle canyon is one canyon over from Crowbar right of soggy lake in Johnson valley
Sweet. I would love to run it someday

And ya. There are quite a few of us here in so cal

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #185
Dirt22

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Here is your Atlas 5:1 installed with a flat belly skid

You'll love the gearing with it, crawls great and front wheel digs are plain cool

Do you have any pics of the inside of the tub where the cutting was done?
Unread 04-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #186
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yup, still needs sealer etc, welding is not the purtiest ever, but you'll get the idea, mind you my Jeep has a true flat belly so the Atlas is just about clocked completely flat.

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/big-...ller-2182.html

Also one with the tub cut open to make room for it

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/big-...eller-114.html

Here is a view from the bottom

Unread 04-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #187
Dirt22

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well, Brothers 4x4 in Montclair did it again...

I had originally called Advanced Adapters to check the price on the Atlas II, it was going to be $2700. Then I called Brothers after looking into what was required to install the monster T-case... I wasn't feelin it when I saw the tub cutting and drive shaft length changes so I had them give me a quote.

Their price on the Atlas was about the same, and install would be anywhere from 600-1,000. (I have a UFC Ultra high skid and my 231 bairly fit)

I dropped off my jeep to them and also asked that they box my control arm mounts, comp cut the rear corners so fit 38" tires down the road, and remove the spare tire from the rim and clean the bead out (had a leak at the bead)

Picked it up last night, about 2 hours after they were s'posed to close... These guys gave up some of their home/family time so I could get there to get my jeep after hours.

Haik took me for a test drive and showed me how the twin sticks worked, then I drove it. We crawled under it and he showed me how to check the level, change the TC fluid, showed me the boxed mounts etc... (this is all after hours)

He didn't feel comfortable cutting the hump under the seats to fit the massive TC in there, so he beat the heck out of it. Other than the center console where the twin sticks come thru, there are to cuts. no TC drop,, they lengthened/shortened the drive lines...

I drove it home, it's gritty feeling, dunno if the TC is on the tub transferring vibes or if everything needs to settle or if the Atlas is just that way, we'll drive it some more and see how it is. I have another buddy in my jeep club that just put an Atlas in his YJ, so we'll compare notes.

Here's the kicker: When I went to pay them for their work, the cost was lower than originally quoted and there was NO ADDS for the work I added on (corners, boxing the mounts etc) I yelled at Haik over the phone when he gave me my total and told him I was gonna be pissed if they weren't making enough money to cover everything and ended up closing down, he laughed at me and said everything was fine... then when I tried to pay them more, Gaspar (runs the office) got kinda mad and wouldn't take the extra cash, I tried to give it to Haik, and they both said if I didn't stop, they wouldn't work on my jeep anymore. - Hahah

These guys did a good job for less then they quoted. I'll be back when it's time to stretch the frame. http://brothers4x4.com/

Pics later, I'm off to Panamint for the weekend.
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #188
bradf814
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've thought about going to Brothers 4x4 before, and the fact that you have had such a great experience with them will definitely make me visit them. Companies with that kind of customer service are the best, and deserve my money.
I saw that there was a sort of mini swap meet in temecula on April 30th. Any chance that you and Runt will be there selling some old parts? I'm going to visit right before I go to work.
Zombie Hunters #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandMe View Post
Ride topless, wave, and be F-ing happy! (write that down)
bradf814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #189
Dirt22

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradf814 View Post
I've thought about going to Brothers 4x4 before, and the fact that you have had such a great experience with them will definitely make me visit them. Companies with that kind of customer service are the best, and deserve my money.
I saw that there was a sort of mini swap meet in temecula on April 30th. Any chance that you and Runt will be there selling some old parts? I'm going to visit right before I go to work.
Yup, I'll be there!
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #190
Dirt22

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Went out to Panamint (Death Valley) for Easter weekend, Nothing too exciting, but I did get to mess with my new transfercase a little...

Here's a pic at the store in Ballarat, My TJ and my XJ (Father drove the XJ)

Runt; a little dirty

Flexin out on the bucket of an old tractor.

Unread 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #191
bradf814
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Runt looks so good. Where it sits now is almost exactly how I want to build mine. How did the atlas do? And how is the new XJ?
Zombie Hunters #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandMe View Post
Ride topless, wave, and be F-ing happy! (write that down)
bradf814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #192
Dirt22

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Atlas is awesome, we're gonna run some of the tougher stuff in Johnson Valley in a couple weeks, realy give her a work out...

XJ is good, needs more money thrown at it - haha check the build thread listed in my sig.
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #193
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

The Jeep is looking good man! I bet the Atlas is fun!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2011, 05:49 AM   #194
Dirt22

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks...

We're headed out to do Outer Limits in Johnson Valley on Saturday. Just a day run. Wish me luck, on that trail... I'll need it.
Unread 05-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #195
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yup/ you will need some luck lol. Outerlimits is seriously tore up, makes for a very fun day, you may find you are seriously lacking in the ground clearance department though. Pretty big marbles all over the place on that trail, we ran it 2 weeks ago and it was a lot harder then when we ran it it late last year, so have fun and keep it all in one piece

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.