Diabl0's Picture Intense Build - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Diabl0's Picture Intense Build

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 03-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #106
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlanglois22 View Post
thanks that helped a lot, i know my next project after my lift!
i did the same think like Diablo, what you do is take out your headlight bezels and slide newspaper over the light assembly and cover it up leaving the rim of the grill exposed so that you can get that covered with paint then slide either newspaper and cardboard behind the grill so that you don't get over spray on the rad and other misc. parts behind there for the top, throw an old blanket 9bed sheet) or papers over your engine. the whole key to doing it right is the prep work and making sure you sand it well getting rid of the old paint, then just spray away.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #107
kevinlanglois22
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks so much guys!

1996 XJ
kevinlanglois22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #108
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I figured I should probably update this. Not too much going on with the Jeep.

Thursday night I was around the corner from my house and my clutch pedal was making this weird popping noise. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't let me shift into my gears. I limped it home, and had it towed to the shop Friday morning. I told them I was pretty sure it was my clutch and throwout bearing since they have been making horrible noises for a long time. $795 later I got it back this morning. Talk about a night and day difference! I can hear myself think now! I didn't realize it was the clutch/throwout bearing making ALL of that noise. The Jeep doesn't make any noise at all anymore. It's almost like driving my car.

Then today I was on the highway doing about 75 when all of a sudden I hear all this noise. I stuck my head out the window and my flare is flapping in the wind banging against the side of the Jeep. The zip ties finally gave up. It was windy out and I guess it caught. Metal cloak?

White Jeep Club Member #808

My Build Thread
Diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #109
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My new driveshaft came in today!

This thing is massive compared to my old shaft. I'm not sure if my old shaft was stock or not because it's bigger than most, but this new shaft is huge. I got it from CJ Tatton. He's very easy to work with and knows his stuff! I had this one made out of 2 1/4", 250 wall DOM. My old shaft was 19lbs, and this one weighs in at 26lbs.

My Build Thread
Unread 05-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #110
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Driveshaft is in! I think it is too long, but oh well! Better than not having one and it was cheap.

Picked up a new exhaust today for half the price it would cost to buy it new. Apparently it was only ran for a few days, but it still looks basically new. This JF membership pays for itself over and over and over again.

My Build Thread
Unread 06-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #111
8nine-sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

looks great
now get the metal cloaks on there haha
Unread 06-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #112
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8nine-sahara View Post
looks great
now get the metal cloaks on there haha
They'll be going on soon. I didn't really want to do it yet unless I lower it or get some 35s.

My Build Thread
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #113
EricRollerSkate
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Any updates? I just feel like your heart isn't into this project anymore. Im beginning to become concerned.

Why wear a flip flop on your left foot, and a steel toe on the right?
EricRollerSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #114
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRollerSkate View Post
Any updates? I just feel like your heart isn't into this project anymore. Im beginning to become concerned.
Yep, I kept scrolling through the thousands of pics thinking I'd see the money shot of the Metalcloaks. Not so much. Where are the updates?
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #115
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hahaha! And almost 3 months later to answer your posts! I'm really busy with school and all. Plus I'm really looking to trade the TJ for an XJ or ZJ or WJ. I don't ever put the top down, and it's just too small for me. I would really like to have a 4 door vehicle.

That would be why the mods have stopped!

My Build Thread
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #116
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finally updating this.

Pulled the hard top off.
Installed the Metal Cloaks.
Removed snorkel.
Installed 35" MTR/K's.
Installed black Mickey Thompson wheels.

Next mods will be upgraded steering, Metal Cloak rockers, and Clayton long arms.

My Build Thread
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:56 AM   #117
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just a short video - nothing exciting

I'll go wheeling again someday.

My Build Thread
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #118
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well my calipers are sticking on my front brakes. I purchased Black Magic brakes a few months ago before the 35s went on and never got the chance to install them.

We'll be installing them this Monday so that I can go to the Jeep Invasion on Friday/Saturday.

In the meantime, I installed my Spiderwebshade.

My Build Thread
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #119
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Swapped out the gear oil in the HP30 yesterday.

My Build Thread
Unread 06-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #120
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Black magic brakes have been installed as well as new lines and black lugs.

My Build Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.