Desert Sand tj - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Desert Sand tj

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #76
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

nice man. Everyone is ordering the damn cage that I've had my eyes on for months

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #77
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
nice man. Everyone is ordering the damn cage that I've had my eyes on for months
Yea I saw saturday that Imped was ordering it and was considering it because it was such a good deal. Then the next i watched a friend of mine roll his toyota without a full cage, thankfully everyone was ok but that pulled the trigger for me and i ordered it that night.
Unread 11-01-2011, 02:33 AM   #78
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well got a couple updates figured id share some.

First of all start with the boring not major modifications, being a teenager at least for a couple more months id figure i would make my music way too loud according to most old people. So i added 2 10" MTX subs cause i got them for a great deal

Next i got tired of my old chopped stock bumper decided id make my self a new one. Went with the KISS method on it and made it out of a 3/16th pressbraked to fit around the frame and bolt into the stock location. A simple stinger that extended out about 25" from the bumper and shot for a 47 degree angle...ended up a little steeper but oh well i still like it. And to finish it up good ol d-rings from TSC burnt on there good for some recovery points

Got the bumper finished up in time for a wheeling trip to Big rock offroad park in kentucky, unfortunately i do not have any wheeling picture because i ended up cutting a sidewall on one of my tiresthe first day. And just incase you guys find this interesting i made myself a trailer to haul all my spare parts tools and to sleep in on offroading trips. Here is it all packed up on the trip i get all kinds of looks driving down the interstate with this set up

Heres a pic of the side, which may seem unfortunate but the baja claws where getting rather worn and i needed an excuse to upgrade anyways.....

So a new set up these showed up a few days later

Got them mounted up and i am very happy with them so far, side by side comparison with my old tires they measure 33.5" compared to 31.5". They ride great on the road and did a little messing around at a friends hows they do rather well offroad!

Then a few weekends ago I finally got around to installing the BTF sports cage i got in September. After 2 calls to BTF i finally got all the pieces to the cage and on my first attempt to install the cage, then i found out the 2 windshield support bars were cut wrong so another call and the right bars were overnighted to me. Overall i like the Kit minus some issues with fitment, and the customer service i dealt with was top notch so It all worked out

Also Put 2 of my old tires on my trailer so i will have 33s all the way around

And excuse the camera quailty but had an idea while working on the cage and realize that .44 magnum shells fit perfectly inside the backside of the seatbelt bungs so i added a little personal touch which i though was really cool

Next on the list for this thing is Mini boatsides and possible SYE/CV driveshaft with flat belly skid
Unread 11-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #79
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling this weekend at haspin acres offroad park in indiana. Had a blast and loved how well the new tires work!

Going down devils backbone

Coming back up devils back bone

Very short but fun V notch trail that laid you over on the side pretty well

Unread 11-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #80
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Your Jeep is looking great!
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #81
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Your Jeep is looking great!
Thanks man! I can't wait to make it look better... and bigger
Unread 11-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #82
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I could have made it... looked like you had a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #83
HuskingBee
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking rig, I haven't went off roading yet buy by looking at your thread and many others, it seems freaken awesome.
This is harmony.
HuskingBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #84
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Saw the picture of you sinking the jeep on Impeds build so I decided to come see how that turned out... Nice build man! Not afraid to bang her up unlike like some of these other high schoolers these days
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #85
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
Saw the picture of you sinking the jeep on Impeds build so I decided to come see how that turned out... Nice build man! Not afraid to bang her up unlike like some of these other high schoolers these days
Thanks man! yea wish i would've not spent all the money i made in HS on this thing but oh well it got me this far. The jeep is currently getting some rear rollcage additions and a spot to mount the spare in the tub then ready for wheeling season!
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #86
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Did some recent cage additions to the rear along with a new oil pan and mufflers while i was at it.

Here is the old oil pan due to a bad choice in which line i took i has some bad interaction with a rock and ripped the plug right out.

new magnaflow stainless straight thru muffler sounds nice in my opinion, ran it all the way to the rear so its not to loudand has a nice tone.

Rear rollcage addition

Next mods on the list area new rampage soft top, mini boatsides and custom arched tube fenders. and if money allows sye or dana 300 and flat belly skid.
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #87
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That tire set up looks sweet, nice job
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #88
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
That tire set up looks sweet, nice job
Thanks man! amazingly the soft top still fits over it you just cant full zip the rear window. A rampage top will soon come and tire will be removed when winter comes
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #89
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Havent updated this in a while so here are some random pcitures from some progress and some wheeling. I most recently add custom tube fenders based on MO2500s i also have some a to z fab rocker that i am currently installing.

Unread 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #90
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a video i edited together for our club from our last trip to the badlands nothing all that exciting just some random clip

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.