Desert Sand tj - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Desert Sand tj

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 07-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #61
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

hell yes love your jeep im looking at doing almost all the same stuff to my baby!!! did you paint your wheels brown at one point ??

ha ha im about the same age you are with same jeep and same plans, pretty bad *** that i can see it before i do it ha ha thanks

hunterboy2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #62
GoldenClassic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice Build Man! I have a XJ to match yours.

dscn2578.jpg

Mine isnt as built up as yours is. Im also going to be a senior in HS. Just waiting for my job interview for the flow of money to start.
- RCX 3in lift, RC Tracbar, RC Steering Stabilizer.
GoldenClassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #63
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterboy2121 View Post
hell yes love your jeep im looking at doing almost all the same stuff to my baby!!! did you paint your wheels brown at one point ??

ha ha im about the same age you are with same jeep and same plans, pretty bad *** that i can see it before i do it ha ha thanks
Haha didn't paint the rim go into some mud and left I for a little bit cause it looked cool! Good luck with your jeep!

Here are some pictures of wheeling trips earlier this year some are from the Badlands and big rock offroad park

And those of you familiar with the badlands will recognize the mistake I made here! Jeep is fine though did this on Friday and then wheeled all weekend! And I changed all fluids asap!

And I had a Cherokee driveshaft retubed for a new front drive shaft which I bent pretty badly at bigrock

Right now I have no new plans for the jeep I am saving up for cheap daily driver then I will get back to working on it and if funds are available I will go 1tons and 40s!
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #64
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

BAD A$$ pictures man absolutly love it. couple questions though . . .

would you recomend the aussie locker?
did you get a 3" or 4" lift kit?
what kind of milage are you getting (mpg) ?

im going with 32"x11.5" mud tires so i think im doing 3" lift myself do you think i will be fine with 4.10 gears vs 4.88s, i dont do hardly any rock crawling (yet) im in mud sand and hill climbs. ???
Unread 07-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #65
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
BAD A$$ pictures man absolutly love it. couple questions though . . .

would you recomend the aussie locker?
did you get a 3" or 4" lift kit?
what kind of milage are you getting (mpg) ?

im going with 32"x11.5" mud tires so i think im doing 3" lift myself do you think i will be fine with 4.10 gears vs 4.88s, i dont do hardly any rock crawling (yet) im in mud sand and hill climbs. ???
In the front I Recomend a Aussie for the price it works great and in 2wd on the street you can't even tell it's there except for the ratcheting sound which I kinda like.

I went with the rough country 3.25 lift which I was pretty happy with clears 33s easily. The mileage factor I've kind of given up on due to the fact that it's a brick with mud tires haha with the overgearing kills mileage on the highway and it still isn't great in town 10 at best that's why I'm try to buy a daily driver cause there's no really hope for mileage in jeep unless I go diesel
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #66
SophomoreJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How do you like the Rough Country lift?
SophomoreJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #67
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

gas isnt a big factor in my planning i was just curious. . .
on your lift did you get rid of the t-case drop and if so HOW and did it work how you want it to ??
oh and by the way if you have to order and parts from the dodge/jeep house email me, im a sales man and get employ pricing on all parts might can help you out on some stuff but you know how expensive crap gets at these dealerships lol. im for sure getting the aussie up front it seems like the perfect mod for my wheeling
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #68
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I like the rough country lift it is good quality and they are great to work with.
I got rid of the tcase drop by doing a motor mount lift, I went cheap and didn't do a body lift with it like most recommend but it was fine just a little fab on the fan shroud. and I'll keep noted of need parts
Unread 07-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #69
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Love the pic of you coming out of the tube Jeep looks good man. I ran the MML without a BL for a lil over a year before I got the body lift. Your engine coolant bottle top is most likely going to rub the underside of the hood unless you figure out a way to move it down. It'll take off paint from the engine torquing and what not.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #70
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Love the pic of you coming out of the tube Jeep looks good man. I ran the MML without a BL for a lil over a year before I got the body lift. Your engine coolant bottle top is most likely going to rub the underside of the hood unless you figure out a way to move it down. It'll take off paint from the engine torquing and what not.
Thanks man! I didn't have a problem with the coolant bottle. Maybe they are different from 99s to 06s your jeeps looking good too!
Unread 07-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #71
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

what are your plans for your front bumper. . . winch? new bumper? lights?
i heard if your driving fast enough a ford focus attaches real easy to your front end ha ha ha you get serious points for it but over all drivabillity goes down the $hiter

look into metal cloak they have base cost starter bumpers that are awesome and you can add onto them as funds are avalible
Unread 07-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #72
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome man, I love the color
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #73
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
what are your plans for your front bumper. . . winch? new bumper? lights?
i heard if your driving fast enough a ford focus attaches real easy to your front end ha ha ha you get serious points for it but over all drivabillity goes down the $hiter

look into metal cloak they have base cost starter bumpers that are awesome and you can add onto them as funds are avalible
nothing is in the plans for a front bumper right now, i cut the stock just cause i got bored and it looked cool. I will make my own front bumper whenever in the next few years when the 1 ton build happens. for a winch i would love a warn 8274.
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #74
karlo

That's a tough looking TJ. Nice build.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #75
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered BTF front sports cage for the jeep and im going to be building a stinger front bumper for it soon.

The school i go to has an offroading club which im greatly involved in an we had an event recently so i took some poser shots

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.