Desert Sand TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Desert Sand TJ

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
twhartman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Desert Sand TJ

Bought this TJ 3 weeks ago and have already done a decent amount to it.
I bought it knowing it needed a new radiator and steering gear box due to a small leak....but what i didn't see was the frame rust where the skid plate is bolted to the frame. We cut out the bad which was only on the bottom of the frame and welded in the new. We also put one inch spacers on the skid since I was lifting it.
side.jpg

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

new-frame.jpg

twhartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #2
twhartman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the rough country 2.5 inch lift. It rides great and the install was pretty easy.
lit1.jpg

lift2.jpg

lift3.jpg
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
twhartman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Came home tonight and noticed a nice puddle of coolant. Looks like water pump, so that is next.
Unread 02-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
twhartman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Water pump done! I hope that I do not have to do that again anytime soon. Took about 20 minutes just cleaning the old gasket. Now all that is left to do is the steering box. It is a slow leak so I might wait a little while.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.