Delosh's 05 Silver TJ Build - Mild DD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Delosh's 05 Silver TJ Build - Mild DD

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
delosh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Delosh's 05 Silver TJ Build - Mild DD

I've never started a build thread before (even though every vehicle I've owned has been a "build"), so I figured why not. I found this 05 TJ in August of 2013. Great shape, minor rust on pass side rocker. Matched all my search criteria. My plan is to mod it out just a little - but still maintain good road manners, since this is my daily driver.

Here it is shortly after I picked it up.

I retired my "other" Jeep from daily driving. It's fully built GC SRT8 with a 426 HEMI.

Painted the frame and bumpers satin black.

Replaced console sub with the 2 ohm DVC Kicker. Other speakers with replaced with Polk 5.25s. Power is provided by my old JL 300/4 which I integrated into the bottom of the rear seat. Shown here is the mounting plate and wiring. I'll add finished photos once I find them. Front 2 channels run the 4 Polk speakers. The rear 2 channels are bridged to the console sub but since the impedance was so low on that Kicker, I dug out 2 "bass shakers" from a long time ago to get the impedance back to where it should be with this amp. They're bolted to the floor just under the front seats. They're only kinda noticeable.

Lights were dimming quite a bit at idle, so I swapped to the Durango alternator. While at it, I upgraded wiring and terminals.

Chopped the front bumper and added a MetalCloak JK lightbar. Painted bumper parts Ford Metallic Charcoal (and headlight rings). This gives a teaser of the color scheme I'm planning on. I also added JK turn signals since these fenders will be gone soon. Rear bumper will get same paint (maybe a slight angled chop?)

Next up...
Rims, tires, fenders, sliders, 2" BDS lift

delosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
d1backwoods
2010 JK Wrangler 

No time wasted here. Love that accent color
Unread 06-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
delosh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I've been looking at dark charcoal cars lately and decided that the Ford Focus was my favorite shade. Ordered rattle cans from automotivetouchup. It didn't turn out perfect and may need to be resprayed later but I do really like the combo.
Unread 06-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
Mulvihill64

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wow is that a clean jeep. It looks practically brand new. Nice find
Unread 07-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
delosh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Added Exogate, BDS 2", painted rear bumper

I painted and installed an Exogate to prepare for my new rims and 33s (sitting in storage at my office). I replaced all their supplied hardware with stainless. Tire carrier came out a little darker but that's my fault. Will be covered anyway. All metal-to-metal contact is buffered with some leftover pond liner material I had in the toolbox. You can see a piece of it where the tire will mount.

Painted rear bumper is on.

Also installed BDS 2" lift and painted the white BDS shocks to match the body silver. Photos of them to come after I get the two-tone Metalcloaks on and the wheels/tires. Silver shocks now have metallic charcoal satin vinyl BDS graphics applied. Went ahead and re-made all the oem decals (Jeep, Wrangler and X) in the same metallic charcoal satin vinyl. I now realize that the Wrangler decal will be covered up when I install my Metalcloak rockers. Oh well.

Unread 07-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #6
HellaTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Clean Jeep!
HellaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
delosh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Couple of updates.

Finally got the custom painted Metalcloak fenders and 33's on. Up next, matching rocksliders.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.