Last thing for the night me and my budys built a sculpture for a guy it was basically just a 3 ft mine ball from one of the wars ww1 or 2 im no sure but we just welded a 4in pipe to a rim put the ball over the pipe mounted it to the roof of his restaurant and it looks sick!
Well today was one of those days where your moving slow and then you start something you never intended to do and you get alot done! I got the hole floor pan welded in and looking nice! Fits perfect! Then we sanded the hole body in 80 then 180 and filled all the spots that needed filler and i am going to finish it up tomorrow!
Well today i finished up one side of the jeep and as any keeper would do i wanted to see some primer go down so i got all my stuff together and taped it off an tacked it and bam now we have a primed side!
So today we got the run almost ready for paint! Got the body work finished then primed with 4 good coats wet sanded all the imperfections and orange peal off then primed it 4 more and it is straightaway an arrow. Now we just have to hit it with 400 and then 600 and we will be ready for paint. And do the front slip obviously. I also got the tailgate in and fitted so i can paint and put it on.
Well I got sick of body work so started on getting the dash up and going and the tunnel cover and a custom dash and all that good stuff. First was the steering colum which had a to of play so i was going to replace the lower bearing which i was going to order so im the mean time i cleaned up up painted i and put it in along with the pedals and tunnel cover then i went to get my steering wheel from storage and decided to bring my console also and when i was going threw it i happened to find a brand new lower steering shaft bearing that the p.o had bought and never replaced! So that was a score went and put it in now just waiting on coupling for it! Then me and my buddy decided to start the makings of the custom dash we had been thinking about and we decided to go with a riveted air raft design so we started on that today. So next up is break and clutch cylinders and finish the dash with gauges and such and then seats
Here's an update! The dash is done and painted as ready to go! It looks real nice installed! I also have my master cylinder, clutch cylinder, lower steering shaft coupling and throttle cable on order. So the steering and breaks will be up and running soon. Stilling doing body work its just boring so we take alot of breaks and work on other stuff. Also i fixed the rotted out mounts on the roll bar and it fits like a glove just need to finish paint and bolt her in.
So no update really just some pics and editions to the shop. Today at the auction i got. Dewalt drill 2 battery's and metal case for 15$- craftsman drill with battery and charger w/ Ryobi grinder and a set of battery powered tools that included a jigsaw flash light and sander for 4$- miller light clock 7$- retro growing light 5$+ 5$ in bulbs- stop sign 10$- set of shelfs 4$ and 2 big boxs of spray paint and bolts casters etc for 1$ so i made out pretty well id say. My buddy got a big tool box for 40$ and it was ruff so we shined it up and painted it up in me colors and its starting to look good. He bought the box for work so while we were in the area we stoped at the shop (r&m performance) and they just so happened to be restoring a cj7 and wow it was gorgeous the body was like a sheet of glass. I did not get a picture of the chasis but i did take one of the tub. Picture does it no justice