"Dark Blue" XJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Dark Blue" XJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #61
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I planned on having a low key evening in the garage last night. JeepWJ stopped by after dinner and we went to work on the Bar Pin Eliminators. Once we got the new shock bushings pressed in we got some new grade 8 hardware.

I laid on the creeper with my headlamp for about 10 minutes tying to figure out the logistics of what we were trying to do. There were fuel lines in the way. Eventually I took to task moving those lines. Once I did I was able to get my hand up into the K frame so I marked some spots after mocking up the bracket and started drilling. My drill is battery powered and 5 years old so I went through both batteries drilling one hole.

JeepWj is going to bring over a corded drill tonight and hopefully we can finish up those shocks.

I am going to spend some time today reading the garage alignment threads.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #62
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

new meats

I got my tires mounted and balanced today. I couldn't wait to get them installed. It looks so good.

Rides... well, that is a work in progress. JEEPWJ and I fabbed up the upper shock mounts last night and started working on setting the toe-in. We got it pretty close, but it just wasn't close enough. Might need a bigger steering stabilizer. I don't know. I want to check the toe again.

It rubs, I will have to look into that. I didn't want to remove the flares but I might have to now. We shall see. I also re-up'd my JF membership for the second year and got another sticker in mail. Displayed proudly. Hopefully NAXJA will be next!

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 09-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #63
DRogalOlBlue13
2002 WJ 

Good looking XJ. You will be so happy with the offroad ability of the full kit. It is coming together. Keep up the good Work!

Also, good looking TJ!
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #64
99XJon
1999 XJ Cherokee 

im diggin the wheel choice on the xj!!! Nice to see another Madisonian on the forum I live on the west side and go to school at the UW.....maybe I will see ya around sometime
99XJon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #65
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone out there have any ideas on what to do with, or where to put the 31 inch spare tire? I couldn't afford a swingout, and putting it on the roof won't clear the garage.

Right now it is just laying down in the back. It won't fit in the stock spot.

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #66
FISTFULL
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It will fit in the stock location. I took off the metal bracket the spare used to sit on. I then took the stock plastic "wingnut" thing to Home De-pot and found a longer eye-bolt that matched the wing nut thread pattern. I used a d-ring to hold the new eye bolt to the stock location. Check it...

99 Sport, 3.5" RE front coils and Quadratech HD rear leafs with RE AAL, Rusty's shocks. RE HD ADJ Track Bar. RE Hack n Tap SYE. 32"Falken Mountain Peak AT's on 15x8 (4.5"bs) procomp rockcrawlers. YJ Front Brake Lines. 2.5" IRO catback with Magnaflow cat. C4x4 Tow Hooks. Rear Diff Guard. Warn Front Diff Guard and TC Skid. Yakima rack. Mega Warrior Safari Rack. Cobra CB. AJ's Rocker Guards. JCR Stage 1 rear bumper. JCR Stage 4 front bumper. ORE front steering box brace.
FISTFULL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #67
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Interesting. I will have to try that. I was having trouble getting the gate to close with the tire standing up. Might have to remove the speaker from the back to get it to go up high enough to fit. I will report back. Thanks for the tip.

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #68
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Mall Rated

Decided to do some Mall Crawling since I removed my front fender flares to be trimmed and relocated.

I am going to clean up the flares and reinstall them a bit higher than the normal height to give me some extra clearance.

I'm not ready to trim the fenders too much yet.

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 09-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #69
FISTFULL
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It looks really close in that picture, but after I messed with it a bit, I ended up with about 2" away from the speaker grill. Granted, my spare is not a brand new tire, but it isn't bald either.
99 Sport, 3.5" RE front coils and Quadratech HD rear leafs with RE AAL, Rusty's shocks. RE HD ADJ Track Bar. RE Hack n Tap SYE. 32"Falken Mountain Peak AT's on 15x8 (4.5"bs) procomp rockcrawlers. YJ Front Brake Lines. 2.5" IRO catback with Magnaflow cat. C4x4 Tow Hooks. Rear Diff Guard. Warn Front Diff Guard and TC Skid. Yakima rack. Mega Warrior Safari Rack. Cobra CB. AJ's Rocker Guards. JCR Stage 1 rear bumper. JCR Stage 4 front bumper. ORE front steering box brace.
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #70
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Not bad for $45

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #71
565matt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

looks good.. wish my wife would go wheeling
565matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #72
FISTFULL
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Are those Rusty's Sway Bar disconnects? If they are, I hate them so much I took them off. Clunked like no one's business. Too much slop where the pin goes through. Even tried to drill a smaller hole to take out some of the slop but they still clunked.

Oh, and they started to rust really quickly...
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #73
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice XJ.Thinking about getting one to compliment the TJ of course.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #74
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISTFULL View Post
Are those Rusty's Sway Bar disconnects? If they are, I hate them so much I took them off. Clunked like no one's business. Too much slop where the pin goes through. Even tried to drill a smaller hole to take out some of the slop but they still clunked.

Oh, and they started to rust really quickly...
I will keep that in mind. They are a quick fix so I can take a road trip with it. We all make mistakes. I have made tons of them with my TJ.

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 09-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #75
FISTFULL
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducksguts View Post
I will keep that in mind. They are a quick fix so I can take a road trip with it. We all make mistakes. I have made tons of them with my TJ.
Ain't no big thing my friend. Just telling you what my experience was with them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.