Danno's DD TJ Build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Danno's DD TJ Build

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #121
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You can throw my RC 2.5's to see how they sit if you want. I won't need them for at least a week.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #122
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
You can throw my RC 2.5's to see how they sit if you want. I won't need them for at least a week.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm going to run Brad's. Not sure when I'll get around to swapping them out & if I like the ones Brad sends me I can just leave them in & throw him some cash for them.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #123
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You can see how my AEV 3's sit in the rear if you want. They are sitting I've at jerrys right now. I wot need them for a little bit. Drive on them for a week or so. Let me know.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #124
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
You can see how my AEV 3's sit in the rear if you want. They are sitting I've at jerrys right now. I wot need them for a little bit. Drive on them for a week or so. Let me know.
Thanks, James, but I really think 2.5 is the magic number, if not I might check them out. Brad is shipping them to me this week. I think once I get those in & then the Bilsteins in the front, I should be able to take the 3/4" spacers out & hopefully sit pretty level at about 20.5" to the frame.

Besides, you need to get that thing sitting on those springs!

Unread 04-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #125
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'll get those coils shipped out to you tomorrow or Friday at the latest Danno! These RC 2.5" rear coils are more like 3" coils. The do ride smooth and you can see from our recent trip out to the Badlands how good they flexed (my new RC 2.5" coils). Here's a couple pics of how well they flex...

Unread 04-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #126
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They are sitting I've at jerrys right now. I wot need them for a little bit.

Unread 04-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #127
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Eat a dick. I'm on my phone.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #128
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Eat a dick. I'm on my phone.
HAHAHAHAHA
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #129
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

It's been 3 weeks hunting for some fender flares. It's time do do something. My search for a Rubi passenger flare to match the set I got off ebay has come up empty handed so far with no leads what-so-ever. So here are some of my options:

A. Keep trying to find a Rubi flare - no idea when one will turn up.

B. Get one from the dealer - $140 FOR ONE!

C. Get a stock flare to replace the Rubi pass front - $50, so run 3 Rubi's & one Stock. Not sure what that would look like.

D. Get a set of stock fronts so they would at least look the same & run the Rubi rears. - $100 again not sure what that would look like.

E. Get a full set of stock flares - $120

F. Replace the current ugly 6" passenger front that started all this mess. - $100

I'm leaning towards B or D because I want to run the Rubi rears after I HiLine it. For only $40 more at the dealer, I can run all Rubi flares.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #130
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Upon further reflection of my situation, I think I might go option E. Get a full set of new stock flares. Hang on to the Rubi rears & maybe try to get $20 or so for the driver front. When I HiLine it I can get a few bucks for the full set of stock flares plus some cash for my front fenders to ease the $600 price tag on the Rokmens.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #131
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I found the rear coils and they are going to be shipped out tomorrow morning. I'll get you that tracking number tomorrow. And as for your fender flare decisions, I choose...

G. Stop screwing around and spending money on stock fender flares and put that money toward some flat fenders. That will completely transform your jeep. Flat fenders up front and no flare w/ corners (or 3.5" flare w/ corners) in the rear.
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #132
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
I found the rear coils and they are going to be shipped out tomorrow morning. I'll get you that tracking number tomorrow. And as for your fender flare decisions, I choose...

G. Stop screwing around and spending money on stock fender flares and put that money toward some flat fenders. That will completely transform your jeep. Flat fenders up front and no flare w/ corners (or 3.5" flare w/ corners) in the rear.
Cool man! Thanks!

I'd love to do the Rokmens now, but it would look pretty stupid with my 33's. The MCE's look ok, but I love me some Rokmen HiLines.

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #133
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Stock flares are fine. I MAY actually have a full set of those. I know I have good rear flares, just not sure about the fronts.
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #134
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Cool man! Thanks!

I'd love to do the Rokmens now, but it would look pretty stupid with my 33's. The MCE's look ok, but I love me some Rokmen HiLines.
Those highlines are amazing, but so are their standard line fenders. If you want to highline then I would just hold off until you are ready to drop that dime and continue the momentum. If I had to choose between stock or rubicon flares, I would choose stock and trim them. I still have my sock flares on the back of my jeep and I frequently get asked "who makes those rear flares"? I'm getting rid of mine in the next week or so when I install the Rokmen corners, so they are yours if you want em.
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #135
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Those highlines are amazing, but so are their standard line fenders.
Rokmen makes standard fenders?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.