Danno's DD TJ Build - Page 72 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Danno's DD TJ Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #1066
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just spying on that skid - man that thing is flat! Really nice job you did!

green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #1067
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just pulled the trigger on some Mastercraft seats & some Crow belts. Putting the 2014 mod list into action!

Here's a rough list of the big mods I'd like to accomplish this year.

Seats & Belts
Cage
Fuel Cell
3 link front
4 link & stretch

From there I'll start putting together the axles sitting in the shop, but those will probably be on the 2015 mod list for install. I'm also toying with the idea of lowering the rig down a little. I have a 3/4" spacer in the front, thought about taking that out & then adjusting the rear height with the coil bucket relocation. Even thought about lowering even more & going to 3" springs in the front. That'd also require high lining the front with some custom hybrid aluminum/steel tube fenders.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #1068
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Just pulled the trigger on some Mastercraft seats & some Crow belts. Putting the 2014 mod list into action!

Seats & Belts
Cage
Fuel Cell
3 link front
4 link & stretch

From there I'll start putting together the axles sitting in the shop, but those will probably be on the 2015 mod list for install. I'm also toying with the idea of lowering the rig down a little. I have a 3/4" spacer in the front, thought about taking that out & then adjusting the rear height with the coil bucket relocation. Even thought about lowering even more & going to 3" springs in the front. That'd also require high lining the front with some custom hybrid aluminum/steel tube fenders.
My front 3 link has turned into a headache.....

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #1069
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That'd also require high lining the front with some custom hybrid aluminum/steel tube fenders.
I am curious as to what you will come up with for fenders . I have been looking at the DeFenders , but its tough to spend that much money on two fenders .
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #1070
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Seats & Belts
Cage
Fuel Cell
3 link front
4 link & stretch

Lowering the rig is what all the kids are doing these days.
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #1071
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I am curious as to what you will come up with for fenders . I have been looking at the DeFenders , but its tough to spend that much money on two fenders .
Amen to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Well...only the REALLY cool ones that is.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #1072
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nothing to extravagant. 1 1/2" DOM with aluminum skins fastened to tabs. Including inners. Biggest thing is I'm going to try to develop a full bracket kit to remount all the crap under the hood. So no more zip tying thing to grill supports etc. But as fast as I've been moving all these other items, it'll be a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
I'm not a die hard LCG guy, but with no back seat or spare, I've noticed it's sitting pretty high. I need to get a new belly measurement, but that'll have to wait until all this snow melts.

Unread 01-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #1073
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerumps
My front 3 link has turned into a headache.....
How come?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #1074
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nothing to extravagant. 1 1/2" DOM with aluminum skins fastened to tabs. Including inners. Biggest thing is I'm going to try to develop a full bracket kit to remount all the crap under the hood. So no more zip tying thing to grill supports etc. But as fast as I've been moving all these other items, it'll be a while!
No box aluminum tubing for the edge ? I do like the brackets idea , should make for a cleaner install . A set of box tube struts like Impact Orange LJ has also helps clean things up under the hood .
Unread 01-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #1075
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No box aluminum tubing for the edge ? I do like the brackets idea , should make for a cleaner install . A set of box tube struts like Impact Orange LJ has also helps clean things up under the hood .
Going with steel where it's needed most. Along the outside where it gets beat on trees & drug against rocks etc. Bending AL tube is a ***** & in that application 6061-T6 would be a must. The current plan is 1 1/2"x.120 wall DOM with 6061-T6 outer panels & 5052 inner fenders.

Unread 01-03-2014, 08:10 AM   #1076
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Going with steel where it's needed most. Along the outside where it gets beat on trees & drug against rocks etc. Bending AL tube is a ***** & in that application 6061-T6 would be a must. The current plan is 1 1/2"x.120 wall DOM with 6061-T6 outer panels & 5052 inner fenders.
Honestly I don't see why not just going with all steel except for the inners especially if you are already using DOM anyways ? The steel skins really wouldn't weigh much, I was able to install my steel genrights with 'ease' by myself and they are way lighter than stock fenders. Just food for thought as I was very close to buying alum.

I think on 40 inch tires alum fenders are fine but as all of us on 35's know, we are a lot closer to the rocks.
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #1077
kellerumps
See Ya Coach.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
How come?
Welp.....its more than just a 3-link. Re-Doing my CO's. Found out on Jan 1 that I have to cut and redo my exhaust (Again). Was hoping I could get rid of the CAT's on the Manifold and 1 of the O2 Sensors(does not appear that you can).

Frameside Upper Link bracket is going to be a PITA to weld.

Truth be told...I'm prolly just being a whiny little baby.

Member of: IndyOrv
kellerumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #1078
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Honestly I don't see why not just going with all steel except for the inners especially if you are already using DOM anyways ? The steel skins really wouldn't weigh much, I was able to install my steel genrights with 'ease' by myself and they are way lighter than stock fenders. Just food for thought as I was very close to buying alum.

I think on 40 inch tires alum fenders are fine but as all of us on 35's know, we are a lot closer to the rocks.
Yea, I know it won't eliminate a ton of weight, but one benefit is replaceable panels if they get tore up, or replaceable tubes for that matter. Which you could have a steel skin package as well. I even thought about making all the skins out of 5052-H32 to keep the material more uniform. I don't think 6061 is that critical for the panels. The bending of the inners eliminates 6061 as an easy choice for them.

Unread 01-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #1079
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Any plans for corners/tub rails in the future? I like where your work is going.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #1080
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Any plans for corners/tub rails in the future? I like where your work is going.
Yep those are on the list for this year as well . I'm looking to skin the whole rear end of the jeep in aluminum. corners, tailgate skin, etc.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.