Danno's DD TJ Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Danno's DD TJ Build

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #91
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a fantastic list of mods for this year Danno! The only things I would change / add (if it were me) would be to throw some genright or rokmen fenders up on that list, aluminum rear corners, and change 35" KM2's to 35" Pitbull rockers!

Unread 03-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #92
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Thanks for the advice bud.
BLEHH!! HAHA
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #93
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Sounds like a fantastic list of mods for this year Danno! The only things I would change / add (if it were me) would be to throw some genright or rokmen fenders up on that list, aluminum rear corners, and change 35" KM2's to 35" Pitbull rockers!
Funny you should mention that. Rokmen HiLines are slated for early 2013 installation.

Not a fan of the Pitbull's for my DD rig. Nor of the price tag on them. If it was a dedicated trail rig where I knew the tread would last longer than a year. Then I'd be all over them.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #94
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

A few things sir, 1. Genright fenders bring the suck. 2. There is nothing wrong with pitbulls, and I'd put them up against your km2's any day of the week. I may be deaf by the time our wager is over, but I'll have enjoyed the hell out of getting that way. There's no replacement for traction my friend. And km2's just ain't got it. 3. Mine lasted well over a year and are still being driven on in TN I believe.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #95
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
A few things sir, 1. Genright fenders bring the suck. 2. There is nothing wrong with pitbulls, and I'd put them up against your km2's any day of the week. I may be deaf by the time our wager is over, but I'll have enjoyed the hell out of getting that way. There's no replacement for traction my friend. And km2's just ain't got it. 3. Mine lasted well over a year and are still being driven on in TN I believe.
Does your expression "Genright fenders bring the suck" imply they are horrible or they are really bada** lol

My bad its just hard to interpret
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #96
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'd hold out as long as possible for the MTRks when the time comes. As someone who has run both (35s) km2s bring the suck comparatively. There is NOT a better tire out there for double duty.

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #97
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm assuming that james does not like genright fenders lol James only likes custom fabricated fenders since he's cool like that

And x2 with Gribbs, I absolutely love my MTRKs for both daily driving and tearing it up.
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #98
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
lol! that's one of the main reasons not to go with the pitbull's. I don't want to wear ear plugs driving to work everyday. I hear the traction is kickass with them, & when the day comes, will be one of the top I will look at. The one year thing was just an exageration. Like how I tend to think some things are bigger than what they really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Does your expression "Genright fenders bring the suck" imply they are horrible or they are really bada** lol

My bad its just hard to interpret
I love the look of the Genrights, how the flare follows the taper of the hood. The Rokmen's do this too, but for $150 less, & include complete inner fenders. Plus Rokmen just kicks ***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
I'd hold out as long as possible for the MTRks when the time comes. As someone who has run both (35s) km2s bring the suck comparatively. There is NOT a better tire out there for double duty.
That's the plan. Just not sure how long the KM2's will last driving 25,000 or more a year. They should last another 5 or 6 months. I need my '99 neon back.

Unread 03-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #99
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I too love the genright Fenders and especially because they come in aluminum. Very pricey thats for sure. I wish Rokmen made a non-highline version of their front fenders.
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #100
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

The Spider Web Shade is awesome in the summer! Really cuts down on wind noise at freeway speeds!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #101
NICKOTINE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

did you have somebody fab up that rear bumper? i love the simplicity of it and i want one without the receiver.

Nick
NICKOTINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #102
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKOTINE View Post
did you have somebody fab up that rear bumper? i love the simplicity of it and i want one without the receiver.

Nick
TNT Rear crossmember

You have to grind off the stock crossmember & weld this one on in it's place. I added the receiver because I still need to tow a small trailer with mine.

If you don't want to go through the hassel of grinding & welding. Rokmen makes one similar.

Unread 03-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #103
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
The Spider Web Shade is awesome in the summer! Really cuts down on wind noise at freeway speeds!
you say it cuts down on wind noise, but does it also cut down on the amount of wind in the back seat? that's what I'm mainly concerned with. I think most of the air goes over the windshield & curls back down behind the seats. Mainly tell from my daughter's hair always blowing forward in her face.

Unread 03-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #104
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
you say it cuts down on wind noise, but does it also cut down on the amount of wind in the back seat? that's what I'm mainly concerned with. I think most of the air goes over the windshield & curls back down behind the seats. Mainly tell from my daughter's hair always blowing forward in her face.
Wish I could tell you. Never been in the back seat while someone else was driving. I would have to assume that it must help some. I don't roll with a back seat most of the time and run the Spider with a duster and windjammer combo.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #105
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

So thinking ahead for doing the flat skid. Realestate is of a premium under the tub with the 42RLE & no body lift. I was planning on using the LoPro mount to help out, but wondering if a custom crossmember would gain me anything over using the LoPro. Without crawling under the Jeep I can see it gaining me maybe 1/2" if I custom made the crossmember & new tranny mount into one. Mounting it directly to the Trnasfer case/Tranny & moving the isloators to the frame rail like Blaine did on Garza's. This would eliminate one of the plates off the LoPro & the isolator pad on the LoPro. ~1/2" I assume.

Anyone have any pics of ones they've done or seen?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.