Danno's DD TJ Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Danno's DD TJ Build

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #76
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I hear a lot of great things about that magnaflow but I never really liked it on my truck. When you get it done you should post a video!

Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #77
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job on the videos man. I really need to get the settings and the mounting location figured out on mine. There is something in the mount on mine that is picking up some crazy vibrations. I should have done more testing before I actually took it out to use it.
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #78
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I think you should def adress the coils because even with front hilines itll still look *** up
Yea, that's the way I'm leaning. My RC coils are uneven as it sits. My RR coil is 1/2" shorter from what I assume, according to Blaine, engine torque. I swapped sides with them to see if they would eventually even out. If you cover up the front I like the way the back sits. Tire clearance etc. I guess I could always trim the flare that extra inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose340 View Post
I hear a lot of great things about that magnaflow but I never really liked it on my truck. When you get it done you should post a video!
I'll give it a shot. Not sure when I'll get the damn thing on. I thought I had it figured out, but when I went to mount it Friday, it wouldn't work like I had planned, so I need to go into redesign mode. My problem is that my CAT is further back than what Brad's is. So the muffler will still be in roughly the stock location for the most part, smaller but still in the stock location & not sure how that will effect clearance when I eventually 4-link. I only want to do it once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Nice job on the videos man. I really need to get the settings and the mounting location figured out on mine. There is something in the mount on mine that is picking up some crazy vibrations. I should have done more testing before I actually took it out to use it.
Thanks! Are you using the suction cup mount that came with it? That's what I was using & it's solid. Someone with a great imagination & visualization could have a whole lot of fun & make some sweet videos with this camera. I mentioned to the wife about getting a headband mount & bringing it into the bedroom, but she shot that down pretty quick. She wasn't even impressed with the 1080p.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #79
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post

Thanks! Are you using the suction cup mount that came with it? That's what I was using & it's solid. Someone with a great imagination & visualization could have a whole lot of fun & make some sweet videos with this camera. I mentioned to the wife about getting a headband mount & bringing it into the bedroom, but she shot that down pretty quick. She wasn't even impressed with the 1080p.
I am using the case that used the clip. They gave me a bag full of plastic bases with double sided tape, you just stick them wherever. I told my wife the same thing. LOL
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #80
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
I am using the case that used the clip. They gave me a bag full of plastic bases with double sided tape, you just stick them wherever. I told my wife the same thing. LOL
Hmmmm. I haven't used any of the 3M sticky clips yet. I mounted one, but never used it. I might have to experiment with it to see if it vibrates like yours. Mine was the Motorsports Hero & came with the suction mount & a bunch of those 3M mounts. If your's didn't come with the suction cup I would definitely recommend it. It's solid & you can mount it all over the Jeep as long as it's a smooth clean surface.

Unread 03-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #81
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hmmmm. I haven't used any of the 3M sticky clips yet. I mounted one, but never used it. I might have to experiment with it to see if it vibrates like yours. Mine was the Motorsports Hero & came with the suction mount & a bunch of those 3M mounts. If your's didn't come with the suction cup I would definitely recommend it. It's solid & you can mount it all over the Jeep as long as it's a smooth clean surface.
Thanks, I am going to test it out.
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #82
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

first time I've visited your build. Looks good Danno

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #83
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
first time I've visited your build. Looks good Danno
Thanks Mike! Look forward to wheeling with you this year & see your rig in action!

Unread 03-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #84
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just a little advice, if you ever plan on doing a 4-link double triangular rear suspension you might want to cut down your exhaust, move the cat / muffler forward, and run a turn down right after the TC skid. This will save you the hassel of dealing with it again later down the road.
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #85
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Just a little advice, if you ever plan on doing a 4-link double triangular rear suspension you might want to cut down your exhaust, move the cat / muffler forward, and run a turn down right after the TC skid. This will save you the hassel of dealing with it again later down the road.
I am planning on running single triangulated & that's why I need to redesign. I looked at the pics of yours & assumed my cat was as far forward as yours is, which would do exactly as you mentioned. Turn down right after the TC skid. I might just mount it up now like it is. When I get around to the 4-link, probably a year or more away, cutting a section out in front of the cat & moving it back is going to be a drop in the bucket compared to how much work is going into the rest of it. At least from the cat back will be done.

Unread 03-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #86
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Thanks for the advice bud.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #87
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll give it a shot. Not sure when I'll get the damn thing on. I thought I had it figured out, but when I went to mount it Friday, it wouldn't work like I had planned, so I need to go into redesign mode. My problem is that my CAT is further back than what Brad's is. So the muffler will still be in roughly the stock location for the most part, smaller but still in the stock location & not sure how that will effect clearance when I eventually 4-link. I only want to do it once.
Move the cat forward then or maybe you could mount it up higher then? Like closer to the bottom of the tub?
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #88
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build. Very tasteful! Did you do the spring perch mod already? If not, won't that change your height in the rear even more?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #89
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Nice build. Very tasteful! Did you do the spring perch mod already? If not, won't that change your height in the rear even more?
No, I have not done the perch mod. I honestly haven't checked my bump stop alignment since I installed the 8.8 to see if it's necessary. With the 8.8 swap my lower seats were oriented with the pinion angle set properly, so they are relatively flat. I have a lot of little tuning things on my list, but with wife, kids, work, house, now outside chores, they fall lower on the to do list.

Unread 03-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #90
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been analizing the build spreadsheet for 2012. I will need new tires before too long, so, 35's it is. Hopefully MTR's, but depending on availability, might be KM2's again, which I'm not dissappointed about, they are a good tire & I do like the looks of them. We'll see when the time comes. Anyway, here's what the plan is for now. I'm sure the order will change.
  1. Spiderwebz SW1 - Hopefully cut down on some wind for the kids when we're topless.
  2. Upper Front Control Arms - Most likely Currie double adjustables.
  3. Front Shocks - Bilstien 5125 to match the rear, along with BPE & shock stud converters.
  4. 3" Currie rear springs
  5. Borgeson Lower steering shaft - mine is squeaky at times & there is some very slight play.
  6. HP Dana 30
  7. Regear to 4.88 - this is one that might move up.
  8. New tires - 35"
  9. Might throw the LoPro mount in there & work on getting a flat skid. I have decided I am open to doing a LITTLE cutting on the tub if necessary. With the 35's, I think that should put me at 20" or slightly over.

That's just over $3 grand worth of ****. Which seems doable looking at the $6 grand I put into it last year. I sold the Dana 35 last night & trying to get rid of my bikini, windjammer & dustcover to help fund some of this stuff. Also trying to milk as much OT as I can at work.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.