Danno's DD TJ Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Danno's DD TJ Build

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #61
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

FedEx is on it!

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #62
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Just out of curiosity, how tight do those JJs need to be? I tightened all mine down fairly tight so you could only move the joint using a screw driver through the opening. I ask because I've been experiencing some joint noises (popping / banging) since the Badlands. I have greased them all again, but I'm contemplating dropping the arms and checking the joints.

Sorry for hi-jacking Danno.
You don't have JJ's man. Totally different design.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #63
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeled the rig today at Dirty Turtle in Bedford, ky. Nice drive down & is actually closer to me than Attica. Park was nice. Small only 300 max I think. Was greasy as all hell, but would have some fun steep rocky climbs if it was a little drier.

Jeep performed awesome! The new 8.8 with the LSD was kick ***! Jeep felt stuck to the ground all day. Almost felt like it was locked!

I'll post up vid & pics early next week.

Unread 03-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #64
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, pic time! Poser shots first.

Our group for the day. Pretty good turnout.

Here she is for the group photo before the first trail.

Here she is post first trail. Tore the crap out of the flare. I think some Rokmen HiLines might be in store for her this year.

Sort of clean after taking on the waterfall. I like this shot.

Flexed her out again.

Like I said before, no rubbing.

Playing on some big tires.

Watching some others from the group play on the waterfall.

Unread 03-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #65
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Me on the waterfall. Jeep didn't spin a lick any of the times I went up this. I tried the taller side, but my bumper kept getting caught on the rocks. With as muddy & slippery as it was, I'm just really happy with the way the Jeep performed Saturday. I can't wait to get to Attica & try the LSD out on the rocks or at least on something remotely dry.

Climbing the side of the tire obstacle.

Another poser shot I took at the waterfall.

Unread 03-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #66
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some of the rigs that were in our group.

John & his CJ buggie he finished last year. He used to race it in the TREC series at the Badlands. He also is usually the guide for the Hardcore group at Mission Impossible.

Dale & Judy in their Explorer. Full width axles & boggers, the rear have every other lug removed, it did well in the mud & the climbs.

Justin in his JK.

Aaron in his XJ coming up the waterfall.

Jessie in his XJ on the waterfall.

Dani & her 3 girlfriends.

Steve in his, what used to be Bronco. This thing is bad ***. I got a bunch of pics of him. He was our Tim Cameron of the group.

Unread 03-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #67
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics!

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #68
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Awesome pics!
Thanks man!

Here are couple of the GoPro vids. I had it set on 720p & 60 frames per second. Once I get a another memory card for it, I'll jump it up to 1080p. I didn't play with camera placement at all. Had an idea after we were done for the day. Next time on some of the elbows up type of obstacles, I'm going to place the camera on the passenger side window & have it on me. There were a couple climbs that were quite interesting from the drivers seat, bouncing around, sawing the wheel, would have been cool to see. I think anyway.

Here's one of me climbing the infamous waterfall.

This one was a trail called Bloody Thicket.

Unread 03-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #69
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Another of a rocky creek trail around the back side of the property. Nothing real hardcore just a nice cruising trail.

Unread 03-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #70
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Those gopro vids turned out amazing Danno! I dig that mounting location, and the sound doesn't pic up all of that clatter and clunking. That park looks like a really fun playground, I dig that water fall ledge.

Can't wait to hit the trails again with you, with both of us capturing the action with our gopro's

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #71
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Those gopro vids turned out amazing Danno! I dig that mounting location, and the sound doesn't pic up all of that clatter and clunking. That park looks like a really fun playground, I dig that water fall ledge.

Can't wait to hit the trails again with you, with both of us capturing the action with our gopro's
Thanks Brad! It was a fun park, would be more fun if it was dry & you could actually attempt some of the steeper climbs. It's a one day park at most.

I mounted one of the mounting tabs under my Rokmen slider by the back wheel. Never mounted the camera there saturday but I think the video would be awesome from someplace like that rock garden on orange trail. Watch the suspension flexing back & forth would be sweet. Have to have a spotter just to watch that you didn't crush the camera though, but I think it would be pretty protected where I have it. Think I might put one on the front bumper as well. Tons of options man!

Unread 03-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #72
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Tons of options man!
Indeed! I love the fact you can mount them just about anywhere, especially if you start hearing a noise w/ your suspension and want to investigate it while driving around.

IndyORV
Unread 03-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #73
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Huge mod when I was cleaning all the ****ing mud off of it on Sunday. Flush mounted the license plate.

Need some opinions on my dragster. Since I put the Bilsteins (+1/2") & the 8.8 swap (+1/2") my *** end sits at least an 1" higher than it did, plus I think the front Curries sagged a little since install as well. They are measuring 15.25"-15.50". The plan is to hiline this thing before the end of the year, but I am undecided if I should replace my 4" rear springs with 3" to get it sitting a little flatter, or leave the 4" in with the hilines making it appear more level. I'm sort of leaning towards the 3" just to get the overall rake back closer to flat. My rear shocks are also sitting at 6.5"-7" of uptravel available, so I have the room to go down to 3" springs & still have approximately 6" split.

God! I really need to paint that ugly *** feul door satin black!

Unread 03-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #74
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

You are going to love the sound of that magnaflow... I love the tone of mine, and how it has a low rumble.

As for your suspension setup, I would definitely consider replacing your rear 4" coils with 2.5" or 3" (if you stay with Currie). I run 4" coils w/ 0.75" spacers up front and 2.5" coils in back and I'm perfectly level. With running coil relocators, wider axle tube diameter, and custom coil brackets I can no longer run matching coils otherwise my *** end will be up in the air like yours.

You will also notice a decent improvement with control and the ride when you level out your jeep. You will shift your weight back to center and have better weight distribution on all four corners.

IndyORV
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #75
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think you should def adress the coils because even with front hilines itll still look *** up

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
caliper flip , ford 8.8 , indyorv , outboard , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.