Danno's DD TJ Build - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Danno's DD TJ Build

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #286
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post

Speaking of that, I think that's what makes our group so unique. We've all got this competitive, leap-frog thing going on and now a large portion of us are not wheelable at the moment. Don't join that group Dan!
lol I'm not wheelable because I started this long ago. You just wanted to jump in on the action once you saw all the badassery going on over there. But I agree, wheel while you can Dan. **** being down during the summer. It sucks.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #287
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It was just a matter of time. I held off for long enough.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #288
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well. I ran out of blocks of wood. Going to have to hit the badlands to see how much farther I can stuff these tires. I can't wait to wheel this thing! That LSD in the 8.8 is awesome! When I had the Dana 35 in there, it would spin like crazy & tear up my yard trying to pull up on this thing. This is the highest I've ever driven & it would slip ever so slightly them just walk right up. I have to add some bump stop to the rear because it's bottoming out the shock & I'll add one in the front for now until I really see what she has. Really stoked so far!

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #289
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #290
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #291
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post

Now get rid of those rear flares
I have the TNT Phantoms too, and took my rear flares off. I think it looks much better.

Nice build, the ford towers look good, and I'm sure youll enjoy the extra up travel!
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #292
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
I have the TNT Phantoms too, and took my rear flares off. I think it looks much better.

Nice build, the ford towers look good, and I'm sure youll enjoy the extra up travel!
These TNT's started out as 6" flares I think. Previous owner chopped 'em down. They are actually narrower than the phantom's. There is no room at all to mount the hood latch.

Unread 05-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #293
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

They were 4.5" flares. I cut them that far because stuffing the tire/travel was more important. And I got tired of going through sets of hood latches. So I put in auto-fab hood pins, chopped the fenders, and really pissed off the guys at TNT. Lol they didnt care for me "improving" on thier design, even though the bigger flare was what caught the rocks and dented my tub. Problem solved.

Unread 05-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #294
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I knew those looke familiar....
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #295
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I knew those looke familiar....
I just bought them so I could see what James has up his sleeve for fenders on the Pumpkin.

I have some ideas involving that old silo pad in the back ground of the pics to get this thing flexed out some more. I want to max out the front. Either the shock or the tires. Mama's out of town on business this week, so we can get all sorts of crazy without her thinking we're nuts. I'll throw the rear bump stop puck in & see what I can do.

Unread 05-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #296
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
So I put in auto-fab hood pins, chopped the fenders, and really pissed off the guys at TNT. Lol they didnt care for me "improving" on thier design, even though the bigger flare was what caught the rocks and dented my tub. Problem solved.
Yes you did piss those guys off... I got to hear all about it when I aquired your TNT LA kit and called them up for the hardware

I just listened then added "well, I have to be honest with you... They do look much better " haha

I was there when James kissed that rock edge on the passenger side and dented his tub. Needless to say he wasn't being very gentile

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #297
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Found a guy who rebuilds Jeep & sells them. So I'll probably be selling a bunch of my old stock parts, fenders, soft top, etc.. Now I'll have some extra cash so someone else can regear these axles for me. I was going to attempt, but deep down, I really don't want to mess with it. I'm sure I could get them, but don't have all the fancy tools & I'd probably just get pissed off dicking around with tweaking it.

Unread 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #298
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Found a guy who rebuilds Jeep & sells them. So I'll probably be selling a bunch of my old stock parts, fenders, soft top, etc.. Now I'll have some extra cash so someone else can regear these axles for me. I was going to attempt, but deep down, I really don't want to mess with it. I'm sure I could get them, but don't have all the fancy tools & I'd probably just get pissed off dicking around with tweaking it.
Soft top?? I could use a soft top depending color condition and price

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #299
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Soft top?? I could use a soft top depending color condition and price
It's a bikini, windjammer, & duster. Not a normal "soft top" it's just easier to write "soft top" than "bikini, windjammer & duster top". Is there another term for that setup? Halftop?

Unread 05-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #300
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Finally fixed my rear bumps & flexed it out on the old silo pad. Something doesn't seem right. I'm getting **** for front travel. I flexed it out to the point that the left rear tire was an inch or so off the ground. Here is the travel I got on each corner. Keep in mind these are 12" Bilstiens.

Left Front: 2.5" Up
Right Front: 3.5" droop
Left Rear: 5.5" droop
Right Rear: Full bump which is about 4.5" up travel

I highly doubt the Antirock is limiting my travel that much, but I'm going to disco it later today & see what happens. There are plenty of guys running 12" shocks with an anitrock getting 6" of split travel. The stock geometry is what has to be killing me. I have JJ all around except for the upper housing kit on the front. Those are still the stock bushings.

Should I be able to get 6" of up & down with stock arm locations?

Tags
caliper flip , ford 8.8 , indyorv , outboard , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.