Daniel's Jeep WJ Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Daniel's Jeep WJ Build Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 05-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Rahsee
2000 WJ 

Daniel's Jeep WJ Build Thread

This is long over due, as I have been posting stuff on my clubs forum. I will try to do a walk through of what I have done since November 1st 2013 when I purchased the Jeep, where it's been so far, and what I plan on doing with it.

Thanks for checking out my thread. I will post updates periodically and try to answer any questions you might have.

===============================================

Let's get started-

I can't seem to find the picture I took of it the day I got it, but I have a similar photo. Here is the run down.

I bought it on 10/31/2013 for $1900.00 Cash off of Craigslist. It was in decent shape, one minor dent on the left rear fender, intermittently cut off do to a crank shaft position sensor, smelled funny, oil pressure gauge was messed up.

So with trying to figure out what needed to be changed and what not. I dropped about a $1000.00 to start. I put on new Firestone Destination tires, fixed the sensor & gauge, bought a roof rack, and some other small things. I also painted to grill and installed two fog lights.

From this point I started thinking about lift options, wheels, accessories. I didn't really have much to go by, because most WJ's on the streets just didn't to it for me. In mid December I started to look around and found a set of wheels I wanted. I went with the Black Rock 997 in matte black. I chose a 16"x7" because I didn't want anything wide, I would compensate with a good backspace which was 4" to give me a better stance.

It's hard to tell from this angle but they are on there. I also purchased black inset headlights. they were only something like $70.00 for the pair. I need to not that with the 16x7 4 inch backspace with 245/70/16s there was some significant rubbing.

After Christmas I decided it was time to give her a lift. I didn't want to go too crazy because I was doing this all on my own and just going off the advice of other forum users. I chose the Rough Country 2" BB which came with spacers and shocks delivered for $249.00 from trick trucks out in Chantilly VA. I also ordered a Flowmaster 40 from Iron Rock to give it a little more volume.

Also in the same weekend. I added 2 more spot lights to make it a complete row. I added a CB Cobra with a Firestik (Not the same vehicle in photo, just showing how I mounted.)

I added on a Hi-lift to my roof basket & a jerry can. The other side has an axe held on by Quik-Fist Clamps. These can be found at most West-Marine stores.

So I was feeling good about my Jeep and was gearing up to head down to Jeep Beach to get out of the harsh winter and into the sun. Before I left I had a laundry list of items that I took care of to prepare for the long trek.

1.) Changed front and rear diff fluid
2.) Transfer case fluid exchange
3.) Oil Change
4.) Rotors shaved
5.) New steering stabilizer
6.) Rebuilt Transmission
7.) New Interstate Battery
8.) Changed Plugs
9.) Fuel Filter
10.) Fuel System Purge
11.) Front Brakes
12.) Alignment
13.) Rear A Arm Bushings
14.) New Tie Rod Ends
15.) New Idle Pulley

After dropping about $2000.00 I was ready for the beach trip.

This was registration at Municipal Stadium just outside of Daytona.

This was all at the speedway infield

After the trip was over I drove home and thought about what I wanted to do with my Jeep. It was clear that I wanted so much more.

I got home and immediately ordered a 4" lift from Zone Offroad. The kit had adjustable track bar, new shocks, new coils, A-Arm Spacer, Transfer case drop, new lower control arms, etc.

I also ordered so new shoes. 265/75/16 Maxxis M/T Big Horns (they are awesome)

When I was down there I also saw people with cool vinyl products on there hoods. So i got linked up with Alpha Vinyl and had them ship me out some decals.

That was the first thing I did was dress the hood up.

The next thing I did was made my own LED light bar that is bright as hell. Only temporary though because I will go with a Rugged Ridge or something else. But a 40" light bar will be coming soon!

I also had some "Rebelcon" stickers made up for me I designed in Photoshop. Rebelcon doesn't directly relate to Rebel Offroad, though they are awesome, it's more because this is my Rebel jeep unlike the others!

So now... Onto the Zone lift & Tires.

Old Crap

Before I put the new tires on I took this comparison shot.

This is with the new tires.

I'll be honest the drive is fantastic and everything seems to be working great. The transfer case was vibrating the skid plate so I took it off made some spacers and am getting it powder coated.

I also just added on a bull bar and rain deflectors along with rugged ridge floor mats. This thing is starting to become my wife haha.

I will be adding bushwackers, LED light bar, Rocksliders next. Then comes a cold air intake.

Stay Tuned

Rahsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
theCREECH
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I love the look. has a much more aggressive feel to it. Rock Crawler? Or Overland?

I love the look of the black Grill. Very nice
theCREECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
Rahsee
2000 WJ 

Overland for now, soon to be a rock crawler when the long arms come in!
Rahsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
braddf
2001 WJ 

Our jeeps are exactly a like, color wise. I'm curious, did you paint your bumper and cladding or did it fade into that color? It looks like it has a greenish tint to me, it looks pretty cool.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.