cuder's 4.25" Zone combo lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > cuder's 4.25" Zone combo lift

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 02-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

We went on a run with the LSJC on Saturday to Barnwell Mountain in East Texas. We had a good time and didn't break anything. This lift kit rides great offroad and the SYE/CV driveshaft has made it even better.

This is my Son with the Jeep that a new member of the club (Zach) won from 4-Wheel Parts. You may have seen him on Powerblock when they gave it to him.

Unread 02-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Cuder, I didn't know you had a thread until you mentioned it in mine the yesterday. How did you get your transfer case so clean..LOL

Keep up the good work.
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
Bomber65
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is looking good Cuder. I did the 3" Zone lift. Just installed rear upper/lower Savvy aluminum control arms. Getting ready to order SYE and DS from Tom Wood. Looks you got the SYE and DS together. So you didn't have to install the SYE and then place the order for the DS?
Bomber65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
jeepobessesion

i love how your son is spending time with you and the jeep, my father helped me with mine and now im helping him with his
jeepobessesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber65 View Post
Jeep is looking good Cuder. I did the 3" Zone lift. Just installed rear upper/lower Savvy aluminum control arms. Getting ready to order SYE and DS from Tom Wood. Looks you got the SYE and DS together. So you didn't have to install the SYE and then place the order for the DS?
Thanks!!!
When you call Tom Wood you give him the measurement from the front lip of the boot that is on your factory slip yoke to the center of the u-joint on the pinion yoke. Then you tell him the measurement of the transfer case drop you have.

They can calculate from these measurements and know how long to build your driveshaft.
You can get a SYE kit alot cheaper on ebay, but I chose to go with TW.
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #21
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Nice Cuder, I didn't know you had a thread until you mentioned it in mine the yesterday. How did you get your transfer case so clean..LOL

Keep up the good work.
Thanks!!! I have a long way to go before I get it like I want it. Someday I want to run 35's.
Seeing all the built Jeeps in the club really makes me wish my wife had a real job.

I was surprised the transfer case was that clean. It had never had the ATF changed before this.
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #22
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
Thanks!!!
Seeing all the built Jeeps in the club really makes me wish my wife had a real job.
me too so I could quit.
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #23
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I know it sucks to have to work for a living, I have been with the same company for 26 years, about 10 more to go.

I made this rock shifter back in the fall, thought I would show it off here because it's unique. You can buy rock shifter knobs, but it's not the same as having one that you picked out.
I found this rock in a Colorado river bed that fit my hand perfect, after picking up about 30 rocks.

I then used a aluminum rod, turned it down to .60, drilled and tapped to 10m X 1.5. After screwing it on and marking the front so it would be oriented right I used a masonary bit to drill the rock and bonded it on with epoxy adhesive.
I made the rod 4 inches long because I knew I would be installing a body lift. It's great not having to reach for the shifter.

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #24
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have had this Jeep since 04 and had never folded the windshield down, so I did it because I had to take the bars over the doors off anyway to paint the covers.

All the covers and soundbar were faded to purple. I had taken the back covers off a few years ago to paint them and never had. The paint on the rollbar is getting scratched up, so it's time to paint the covers.

I used the adapters that I had made awhile back to put the 6.5" speakers in the dash. I had to cut the speaker supports in the dash to get them in far enough for the speaker covers to not bulge out on the side very much. I also bought another pair of 6.5" Two-way speakers for the soundbar.

Unread 03-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I sprayed 3 coats of Dupli-color Fabric and Vinyl Flat Black on everything. It took 2 cans for a total of $15.
img_3209.jpg   img_3210.jpg  
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #26
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how much did you end up paying for the control arms + sye/driveshaft?
1997 TJ - 4.25 lift, 4.88, D30 w/ Detroit, D44 w/ Superior'ed Detroit and 33 spline shafts, Currie track bar, Warn XD9000i, Currie Tire Carrier, full armor and tube fenders, full custom trunk, Tom Woods shafts, AA SYE, Currie control arms, and Rigid lights. BIG BLACK is my baby.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLearn View Post
how much did you end up paying for the control arms + sye/driveshaft?
I paid around $750 for everything. PM Gerald for a good deal on the arms. I like the ideal of being able to adjust the arms after bolting them on. The quality that people have had with Savvy parts also made it a easy decision.

You can get everything cheaper by buying the SYE/driveshaft and control arms on ebay. But, I had heard so much about TW driveshafts quality I decided to buy from him also.

It has been well worth the money.
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #28
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It is very nice to be able to adjust them that way. If the only time you use it is on the first install then it is still worth it...
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #29
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
It is very nice to be able to adjust them that way. If the only time you use it is on the first install then it is still worth it...
And they are really close to the price of others after the JF discount.
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #30
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, they are well worth it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.