CRWL:TH!S-JK Buggy by Carolina Truggies
Well since we're nearing the completion of this build, I figured I would share with the rest of the Jeep community ENJOY
but first a little history...
August 4th 2007 my wife and I were struck on the my left side when stopped making a turn on my motorcycle....my wife broke her arm and leg but happy to report she made a full recovery....I took the brunt of the 47mph hit on my left side causing the amputation of my left leg above the knee along with some minor cuts and road rash....WE ARE VERY LUCKY TO BE ALIVE....I now get around pretty good on a prosthetic and me and my wife live life to it's fullest everyday here in NC....naturally I did come into some money from the accident, although it will never replace my leg, I can still have some fun with it!....I've now jokingly come to call my Jeep my extreme wheelchair lol....it will certainly get me where I can't walk!
....NO NEED FOR ANY SYMPATHY, I AM JUST SHARING THIS FOR OTHERS TO NOT CONSIDER ME JUST ANOTHER YUPPY WITH TOO MUCH MONEY TO SPEND!.......NOW enough of this downer ****, and check out what happens when you give a true JEEPER MONEY
ALL WORK AND FABRICATION IS BEING DONE BY ALEX REED AT CAROLINA TRUGGIES IN INDIAN TRAIL, NC
Spec's are posted below....let the FUN begin!
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
10,000 miles on odometer
- 16" FOX coil-overs w/ remote reservoir and air bumps
- Double Triangulated 4-link rear
- Triangulated 4-link front
- Front and rear stretch to 112" wheel base
- 2.50" solid aluminum lower control arms
- 2.0" solid aluminum uppers
- Howe Performance full hydraulic steering
- Custom made Fuel Cell
- ORO Sway-LOC dual rate sway bar
- PRP 4 ply 20" limiting straps
Power & Drivetrain
- 5.7L HEMI installed by Burnsville Offroad in Minnesota
- Atlas 2 speed transfer case at a 4.3 ratio
- custom 1350 driveshafts
- SOLID axle Dana 60 front & rear
- Foote chromoly axle shafts & CTM joints
- Yukon 5.38 gears
- Detroit Locker in rear & ARB air locker in front
Wheels & Tires...
- Poison Spyder Customs "SpyderLocks", powder-coated black
20" x 10" 5x5.5
- Interco Super Swamper IROKS
41" x 14.50"
- Off Road EVO crusher corners (modified for comp cut and welded on
instead of bolted
- Full custom belly pan/cross member
- Custom interior cage (made to accommodate hard top)
- Front bumper with grill hoop that ties into tube fenders & rocksliders
- Rear bumper w/ tire carrier -- cradle style that swings out
- Comp Cut in rear to accommodate stretch
- Finishline West Five-0 bumper/tire carrier
- AEV Heat Reduction Hood
- Warn Powerplant HP w/ Viking synthetic line
- Hella 9" Black Magic lights in rear
- Warn 6" dual lenses lights on windshield
- PRP reclining seats with PRP 5 point harness
- Best top Element Doors w/ enclosure
- Best Top 2-piece hard top
- Tuffy Security Console Insert
- 4XFIX.com's EVAP Canister relocation kit
- ORO LiteDOT tail lights
- ORO LiteSPOTS rock lights
Last edited by KRIPPLE; 07-21-2010 at 01:37 AM.
this is pretty much how it sits today, just got the limiting straps in and harnesses, now we're waiting on the front drive shaft and fuel cell components, along with having the hydraulic lines and brake lines run so we can move forward...appreciate all the comments so far ...it's been a LONG road but we're almost there, I'll keep the updates coming as I get 'em
That is one awesome JK, consider me subscribed.
Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
Support Our Troops!
ALL WK2 Owners, Click Here
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
Man, first saw this thing over on Pirate a few months ago... It's great to see how far you've come with it! I can't wait to see this thing once it's finished; absolutely sick!
2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts
In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Jeep Forums||Replies||Last Post|
|Looking for a specific TJ wrangler buggy HELP!||MlSTER_ROGERS||Jeep Picture Requests||0||11-15-2009 11:20 PM|
|Swamp buggy pics, anyone?||mylittlecj5||Jeep Picture Requests||3||08-02-2009 04:32 PM|
|CJ5 - Buggy Style, Cut Fenders etc...||ggerdsen||Jeep Picture Requests||3||02-08-2009 08:51 PM|
|Jeep Buggy Build..||BESRK||Jeep Builds||191||01-29-2009 08:55 PM|
|Rough Weekend for my Buggy||BESRK||Jeep Builds||4||11-13-2006 12:31 PM|