Crawley's story <3 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Crawley's story <3

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #76
jeepordie10
1998 TJ Wrangler 

what wattage are your daylighters? and what did you pay? im not sure what im going to do yet for lights...

jeepordie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #77
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i opted for the 100w long-range kit. seems that amazon had the best price on them at $99.95 for both, and since i have a "prime" account or whatever, i got them in two days with free shipping.

i hear rumor that the floods cause tremendous glare off the hood, but i have not seen that myself yet. i think a friend of mind has the floods, and when we were in her jeep, it just made the area in front of the jeep like.... well... daylight.

i'm not sure what her intentions on those lights were, if it was just to look cool or what, but i got mine for the fact that in north georgia, the roads are long, narrow and winding. lots of wilderness. my goal was to be able to spot deer from far away, and see precarious bends well ahead of time.

i have yet to play with them in the woods at night, but from my preliminary experience, i'm pretty sure that they will be a great aid in offroad performance at night too.

after i get my foglights selected and installed, i'm pretty sure i will have a solid light pattern for just about any application.

other than that, i have been spending some brainpower on what to do about crawley's reverse lights. i wanna keep the stock look, but i also want brighter lights so i can see even more clearly when backing. time to go bulb-shopping~

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #78
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

today i gave crawley a much deserved spa treatment. he was grimy, and perhaps a bit sore from his surgical procedure a few days ago.

it's amazing what a little wax can do for his complexion~

Unread 05-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #79
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

minutae

i have edited the third post to contain into on my build sheet. there will also be a link in that post for people to get their build sheets too. why? because i'm awesome and i love you all.

Unread 05-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #80
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Build is coming along nicely. How's Georgia treating you thus far?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #81
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Build is coming along nicely. How's Georgia treating you thus far?
been really pleasant. the scenery up here is remarkable, either that or i am just impressed to see something that isn't flat sand and palm trees. lol the people are really courteous by comparison to what i am used to, and to be honest, it makes me feel a bit rough around the edges by comparison.

i'd REALLY like to go out and wheel with some people, but my schedule is an abomination, and it seems i am always working when everyone plans rides lol.

(like the ride that the "stockers to lockers" crew is taking today that started at 8:30am, and here i am stuck at home working until noon )

Unread 05-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #82
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

"Jeep Wrangler (4x4) (SPORT(W/ARW PKG)(CANADA "TJ" SPORT))

Vehicle equipped with: ERH 4.0L Power Tech I-6 / DGG 3-Spd. Automatic 32RH Transmission
Built: January 28, 1999"

today i learned: crawley's birthday is 1/28/99. i have to get party hats now~

Unread 05-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #83
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

okay guys, i have an idea for what i am going to do with the aux light switch:

no, it was not inspired by jeopardy, but i thought that would be the best visual i could use to explain it.

basically i want to make a plunger switch attached to a cable that i can manipulate with my free hand (since crawley is automatic and my shifter hand is bored) it'll allow me to disable/enable the lights rapidly if i need to. i can also make a clip to keep the mechanism attached to the dash or something, or stow it out of sight somewhere.

i may use a similar idea to make a starter interrupt~

Unread 05-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #84
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Have you thought about rescuing a foot switch from an old 70's car to switch your lights?

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #85
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
Have you thought about rescuing a foot switch from an old 70's car to switch your lights?
i have, actually, but i am sure to be faster with my thumb. i also want to avoid having too much electrical in the floorboards in case i get overzealous in water etc.

inb4 dielectric grease.

Unread 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #86
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

upcoming plans:

well, i am still searching for an actual plunger mechanism that will have the three connectors i need to finish up that button on a cable i am making. (maybe i should say "start" rather than "finish" as it is a more correct statement.) this weekend will be spent hopping around home depot, lowes, and radio shack (can you believe they still exist?) for that endeavor.

also, the other day, my brother looked at me and said: when are you going to fix the speakers? i kind of miss being deafened by loud music on long highways."

i was surprised. i thought he hated it. i know i have missed my stereo.... i have new music to destroy my ears with. i had put it off because lately i never find myself alone in the jeep, so i was content with talking loudly over the sound of my tires.

i am revamping my plans for the audio odyssey. i was going to attempt to keep the same connectors, but **** it. i'm just going to get some decent speakers that can handle the worst a stock deck can throw them and call it a day.

input on speakers is officially more than welcome, i would call it encouraged.

Unread 05-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #87
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
well, i am still searching for an actual plunger mechanism that will have the three connectors i need to finish up that button on a cable i am making. (maybe i should say "start" rather than "finish" as it is a more correct statement.) this weekend will be spent hopping around home depot, lowes, and radio shack (can you believe they still exist?) for that endeavor.

also, the other day, my brother looked at me and said: when are you going to fix the speakers? i kind of miss being deafened by loud music on long highways."

i was surprised. i thought he hated it. i know i have missed my stereo.... i have new music to destroy my ears with. i had put it off because lately i never find myself alone in the jeep, so i was content with talking loudly over the sound of my tires.

i am revamping my plans for the audio odyssey. i was going to attempt to keep the same connectors, but **** it. i'm just going to get some decent speakers that can handle the worst a stock deck can throw them and call it a day.

input on speakers is officially more than welcome, i would call it encouraged.
Upgrade your headunit to a quality aftermarket like Alpine, Kenwood, or Pioneer and you'll love your new speakers that much more! The stock deck atually puts out a distorted signal, so what sounds like the speakers failing at high volume is actually the deck putting out distortion, and that distortion is usally what causes speakers to fail. A quality speaker can handle 50 watts RMS all day long, but it will burn up with 10 watts of distorted signal after a while.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #88
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Upgrade your headunit to a quality aftermarket like Alpine, Kenwood, or Pioneer and you'll love your new speakers that much more! The stock deck atually puts out a distorted signal, so what sounds like the speakers failing at high volume is actually the deck putting out distortion, and that distortion is usally what causes speakers to fail. A quality speaker can handle 50 watts RMS all day long, but it will burn up with 10 watts of distorted signal after a while.
crap. i reeeaaaallly don't want to change the head unit because... well... nobody in their right mind would ever steal it and it accomplishes a volume that i am okay with (plus i can connect my smartphone to it like a bawse).

is there any way to clean up the signal?

Unread 05-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #89
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
crap. i reeeaaaallly don't want to change the head unit because... well... nobody in their right mind would ever steal it and it accomplishes a volume that i am okay with (plus i can connect my smartphone to it like a bawse).

is there any way to clean up the signal?
An Audio Control Three.1 or Four.1 used as your master volume knob going into a quality aftermarket amplifier, and being fed by your factory radio turned up to 2/3 volume. Or a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 or a JL Audio Clean Sweep Digital Audio Processor.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 05-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #90
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
An Audio Control Three.1 or Four.1 used as your master volume knob going into a quality aftermarket amplifier, and being fed by your factory radio turned up to 2/3 volume. Or a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 or a JL Audio Clean Sweep Digital Audio Processor.
eek. i don't really have a place i could put an amp.... and it also touches on my "someone will steal it" mentality. is that audio processor relatively low profile?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.