Crawley's story <3 - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Crawley's story <3

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #166
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
realistically though, this is not the thread you want to be asking in. best bet would be to make a post in TJ tech or general discussion...
Ah, yes...now you know EXACTLY how I feel at times.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #167
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Ah, yes...now you know EXACTLY how I feel at times.
mfw you read my thread incognito

but yeah. i can imagine that's frustrating. i don't mind humorous diversions, but that's why when i harass you about info, i PM you. lol

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #168
9703tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If someone is riding their bicycle up-hill backwards, but they only have one handle on the pedal bar, how many Elephants does it take to make a pancake?
9703tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #169
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9703tj
If someone is riding their bicycle up-hill backwards, but they only have one handle on the pedal bar, how many Elephants does it take to make a pancake?
Old ancient Chinese prophet say waffle better.
Unread 10-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #170
9703tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
Old ancient Chinese prophet say waffle better.
One day, a family of a mother and two boys, Timmy and Tommy, were riding in their car on the way to church. Timmy leaned over, smacked Tommy across the head, and Tommy yelled out "Ouch you ****ing ****head!" later that day in church, the mom went to talk to the priest. she said "Father, my boys just won't stop swearing and I don't know what to do." the priest says "Well, have you tried smacking them?" she said "No, doesn't the church look down on that?" the priest says "Well, yes, but in some cases we'll make an exception." The next day, the two boys come down for breakfast and she asks Tommy what he wants for breakfast. Tommy says "Well, gimme some ****ing waffles." The mom backhands Tommy so hard, he flies out of his chair and lands against the door. shocked and terrified by this, Timmy becomes very quiet. his mother asks him what he wants for breakfast, and his reply was "Well you can bet your sweet *** I don't want no ****ing waffles!"
9703tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #171
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
mfw you read my thread incognito
In the words of the Juggernaut: "YEAH! Got yo' dumb a**!"

Quote:
but yeah. i can imagine that's frustrating. i don't mind humorous diversions, but that's why when i harass you about info, i PM you. lol
I totally blamed you when Annabelle was asking me about my new-found interest in the AR platform; she inquired as to what got me on such a kick after I'd said I had no use for one for so long. My response: "Well, I guess I found a use for one...and that's totally Pookie's fault."

Unread 10-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #172
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
In the words of the Juggernaut: "YEAH! Got yo' dumb a**!"

I totally blamed you when Annabelle was asking me about my new-found interest in the AR platform; she inquired as to what got me on such a kick after I'd said I had no use for one for so long. My response: "Well, I guess I found a use for one...and that's totally Pookie's fault."
to which i am sure she wondered if pookie was a stripper.

or perhaps cursed my name....

confession: i love it when people are mad at me and swear while using my name. "F*** YOU, POOKIE" always makes me laugh.

Unread 10-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #173
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
to which i am sure she wondered if pookie was a stripper.
Nope, she knows exactly who you are...and none of the strippers/working girls I know are called Pookie, either by trade or affection.

Unread 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #174
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope, she knows exactly who you are... and none of the strippers/working girls I know are called Pookie, either by trade or affection.
should i be alarmed?

(inb4 she knows of me as "the creepy guy with the mask")

Unread 12-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #175
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm back! Update this thread already!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #176
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

we need updates!!!

fyi, I spent the weekend wheeling. 4low only pop out 3 times, user error as i did not shift it all the way. bracket is still reserved for you tho.
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #177
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for updates!!!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #178
AParsh135i
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
Bump for updates!!!
I just finished reading every post and i second that notion!
AParsh135i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #179
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Bump, Bump Bump! That's the sound of my 15's while they're hitting in the trunk!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #180
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm back! Update this thread already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
we need updates!!!

fyi, I spent the weekend wheeling. 4low only pop out 3 times, user error as i did not shift it all the way. bracket is still reserved for you tho.
yours pops out of low? how does that happen? what does it sound like?

Quote:
Bump for updates!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AParsh135i View Post
I just finished reading every post and i second that notion!
Quote:
Bump, Bump Bump! That's the sound of my 15's while they're hitting in the trunk!
ah. gentlemen, and the stray lady or two who looks at this... i have returned. i have been an awful forum user, and let my subscription lapse. i'll be honest, that's in part due to uncertainty about how things were when the forum changed hands. i'm probably going to renew today anyway, because i miss seeing my creepy face on the sidebars.

the other disappointing news is that i have not had a chance to do anything fun to Crawley in a little while. Too much work.

so, Crawley's story is at a bit if a lull. no mods, no adventures. WHAT IS MY LIFE? i still haven't installed the CB yet.

time to make a list. no particular order, just how what comes to mind as i mash my fingers into the keyboard:

1: clean Crawley. he kinda needs it.

2: re-wire my aux lights. right now it's ghetto as hell, and i don't dig it.

3: look into foglights. it's something i keep putting off, but i regret whenever i go out in the early morning, or at night in autumn/winter.

4: install the damn CB. it's been over a year and i am seriously ashamed.

5: Trektop NX. this needs to happen. just saw they are making the "black twill". seems a bit fancy. what i wonder... is it tough? i only briefly looked at the cost, and it seems to be about double the other versions. while there's something to be said for making your jeep look classy as f&*k, i'd much prefer something that will stand the test of time and potential trail abuse.

6: MONSTALINER.

7: possible carpet alternatives. not entirely sold on the idea. currently, Crawley's carpet sits in the basement unloved. this came on the heels of a filipino man having perhaps overdosed on sake at the local Thai restaurant. don't ask, it's a grisly tale of poor judgement. about a week was spend cleaning them, and i don't *think* they smell like reconstituted Pad Ke Mao anymore.

8: SOME ******* ADVENTURE. that would be nice. i did get to go on a week long camping trip with my best friend in september... or maybe august. we managed to find a trail that was pretty much inaccessible to anything other than a jeep. it was kinda fun to watch various lifted trucks pull up, look at the drop-off (covered in mud, no less) and ponder it before slinking away in shame and doubt. (i have a few pics of that adventure if anyone cares, but that's less about Crawley than it is about enjoying what he allows me to accomplish.).

all the fun stuff aside, i also have two mysteries to solve.

the first being that when the weather is cold, my tranny seems to be reluctant to shift. it starts behaving normally after it warms up. possible fluid issues? not sure. i know it made life difficult when visiting a friend during Jeepfest, as her driveway is almost a 45 degree angle, and the rock on it is shale. Crawley actually got about half way up once or twice and decided to start rolling backwards. it was alarming, and thankfully a cool-head prevailed and prevented the jeep equivalent of twerking on my friend's front bumper. again, seemed to be temperature related.

the other being that after Jeepfest, there has been a strange squeaking noise. i think i may have pinned it down to an exhaust hanger being knocked ajar. maybe. it sounds like Crawley had a gerbil with a wheel installed in his hind end.

why did i just remember richard gere?

anyway... so that's the current ideas. if anyone has any advice, wisdom, or witty banter, it is more than welcome. i'll go get pictures of that hanger and see "does this look normal to you?".

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.