Crawford's 97 ZJ Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Crawford's 97 ZJ Build

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 08-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #16
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

New MOOG Balljoints

Moog Drivers Hub

National Pass. Hub

Old Manifold

Previous owners attempt to repair crack

Repair fell off lol.

Tons of gunk in intake runners

New stainless manifold, aftermarket 'upgrade'

BCrawford64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Older roof patch pictures.

Additional support

Unread 08-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Unread 09-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #19
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Unread 09-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #20
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Just bought the following audio equipment:
Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 Midrange Speaker (x2)
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 300w RMS 4-Channel Amp
Alpine SPR-60 6.5's
Kenwood KDC-X697 Headunit
and various other install items.
I already have a decent old school woofer I will be using until I feel like upgrading. Stay tuned for the install, maybe a week or so from now.
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #21
Davidzetterlund
1996 ZJ 

Real nice work! Do you come and do mine later��

Looks really nice. Have a lot i want to do on mine to, but everything is so expencive over here...

My Jeep- http://www.garaget.org/?car=318299
Davidzetterlund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
Jpbooth
1996 ZJ 

Great work going on. Glad to see people saving there zj's and not junking them.
Jpbooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #23
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidzetterlund View Post
Real nice work! Do you come and do mine later��

Looks really nice. Have a lot i want to do on mine to, but everything is so expencive over here...
Thanks! Me too, I don't make very much at my job so it's going to take a while to get it where I want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpbooth View Post
Great work going on. Glad to see people saving there zj's and not junking them.
Yeah, I've put way more than it's worth into it. I actually really love this Jeep. The only thing that would pry me off this thing is if totaled it, but I don't plan on doing that
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Well, it's been quite a ride. A lot of money, time, sweat, blood, anger, excitement.... and other junk. But I have to get rid of the jeep. It is really taking a toll on my wallet. I can no longer afford it. I would just get something else and put this one to the side but I do not have room for it. I will be trading it in on a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX. The dealership that I'm dealing with said they would give me $2,000 for it. In my opinion it's not even worth that. You just have to know when enough is enough. So this build thread is now officially closed. Keep an eye out for another BCrawford64 build thread in the distant future.
Unread 12-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #25
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Thread's back open lol. Guess buying anything other than a ZJ wasn't ment to be. Every time I tried to buy a vehicle, some how I could never get a sale to go through. The Subaru was a massive headache, really don't wanna get into it but I'll give a short story. Went to go see it, said it needed motor. Ok. They said they would get the motor rebuilt for the same price (worked out a deal). Then week after week they kept giving me the run around so I just said screw it and abandoned that endeavor. Tried to buy like 2 other cars but something always came up. So one day I was going though the junk yard and they just got a new ZJ in. I went to look at it just because I was curious. After a bit of searching I noticed it was really clean, like no rust at all. So I got all geeked up and asked if they would sell the whole vehicle. They said yes but it apperantly did not run. I didn't really care so I bought it for $1000. As soon as I got it home I threw it up on jack stands and dropped a battery in. Fired right up. LOL. Sounded great, 165k miles, no rust. Guess it was ment to be. I will be using my old ZJ as a parts vehicle. I got a 2" TeraFlex BB kit and 31's I will be throwing on the new jeep. Keep tuned for pictures.
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #26
WJ4x4LIFE

It's looks like it is coming back from the DEAD! Great Job!
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #27
zeman
1993 ZJ 

where did you get the steering linkages and what did they run you?
how did that 99+ intake work out for you?
did you replace the frontpipe on the exhaust or just everything else, if so where did you find it?
zeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #28
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeman View Post
where did you get the steering linkages and what did they run you?
how did that 99+ intake work out for you?
did you replace the frontpipe on the exhaust or just everything else, if so where did you find it?
It was rugged ridge hd steering, got new from ebay $225, the 99+ intake made it run a little better and gave me what seemed like a more torque(y) take off. But that was probably since I cleaned the throttle body, intake and it was a whole new exhaust so it pumped a little life back into it. I replaced the whole exhaust. All off ebay, fabbed to fit. Not the prettiest exhaust, but it functioned properly and sounded great.
Unread 12-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #29
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Score! I can't believe you took on that much rust work! I'd have been so scared to touch that original Grand Cherokee! Well I don't know how to weld, but still, a very daring endeavor! And you saved a rust free Jeep from the junkyard! It's hard to even buy them rust free from owners or dealers around here!

...Wishing I wasn't stock
Edit: Wishing everything worked as it should
JeepaholicNinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #30
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepaholicNinja View Post
Score! I can't believe you took on that much rust work! I'd have been so scared to touch that original Grand Cherokee! Well I don't know how to weld, but still, a very daring endeavor! And you saved a rust free Jeep from the junkyard! It's hard to even buy them rust free from owners or dealers around here!
Want to know something sad. I live basically in Flint, Michigan. When I went to the junk yard to go pay this jeep off (it came from a dealer trade in) he said he still had roughly 100 cars to still pick up from dealerships that week. When I was there, I watched as they drove a nice looking, great running, dodge Dakota off a flat bed and parked it in the junkyard. Could have sold it for at least $2k. Instead dealers are scrapping trade ins just to get rid of them. Oh, and I really didn't know it had that much rust lol. It just kept appearing out of no where haha. It was such a pain.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.