Coyote's 04 TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Coyote's 04 TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Coyote's 04 TJ

Hey guys,

I have been registered on here for a long time now, I thought that maybe I should finally get around to posting my build....

It does not have a name yet, perhaps you guys should give me something for it.

I bought it back in 2008 after I came back from my last deployment at a dealership close to Norfolk Naval Station. It was the only bone stock TJ they had on the lot and for whatever reason, it caught my eye more than the already lifted and built rigs did. Just a little stock 4.0, 5 speed Patriot Blue Wrangler.

This was taken about 7 months or so after I had bought it, still pretty much stock except for the cute little lights I added and the tube bumper up front after I smashed up my stock one... don't ask

Rough Country N2 4 inch lift kit, Volant CAI/Snorkel system
Coyote56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This was in the summer of 2012. No lift yet, however some add ons. New wheels AWC soft 8s and 31 inch tires mounted on them. The stock rear bumper had also been replaced with a tube bumper. Lights were added to the hood after someone stole my rubber pads up there where the window lays over. Also added some rubber/plastic stone guards / limb guards to the leading edge of the hood and fenders also to the rear corners (but mostly to cover up some dents back there) also a new soft top with darker rear windows and a smittybilt GEAR cargo restraint net system in the rear...

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Now in the late months or 2012 and early 2013 I came across a great group of people and joined a club with them. Jeeps and Wrenches and that is when my Jeep really started to take off and the major mods began. I added a Smittybilt GEAR overhead panel and a Uniden Bearcat 880 CB radio...

I got really lucky and found a used Volant snorkel/cai system on e-bay for $300... they normally sell for upwards of $700 so I snagged it. I know the snorkel thing is up for debate but after seeing one of the guys in my club hydro-lock his after fording what we thought was a small puddle... I decided a bit of insurance would be nice.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I then removed the tube bumpers and replaced it with an SRC style Smittybilt/E-Autogrilles bumpers and added the smoked out lenses and the guards around them. The guards have actually saved a couple of my lights from being busted out. A buddy of mine who used to tease me about them had a limb bust out his turn signal on our last trail ride. Of course, I got to rub it in.

Unread 12-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Then I added some Smittybilt SRC style sliders in addition to my E-Autogrilles lower body armor and that very same day, I took it for its first wheeling trip in years with my buddy Chris to Pickett State Forest in Jamestown, TN

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

after that trip in the mud, I decided I needed some lift. I grabbed a rough country 4 inch lift kit and with the help of some buddies from my club, we installed it in a few hours.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #7
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The next logical step was bigger tires... and I got lucky. A friend from the club was selling his band new 35s. He just bought them, put them on for a week and decided he wanted 37s. I got all 5 times from him for $850. 35x12.5x15 Kevlar MTRs

I got lucky again when I won a raffle at a club meeting and got myself a free roto-pax fuel can. I installed it on the upper part of my tire swing.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got tired of those plastic crappy corner guards and I snagged a deal Gen-Right had on theirs. They said they were blemished, but I couldn't find any fault on them. I hit them up with some rust-o-leum bedliner and installed them.
Before

After

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

my club got sponsored by a lot of difference groups and we got some discounts so I managed to get myself a PSC hood louver for about $50 shipped to my door and I installed that. There is nothing as nerve racking as cutting into your jeep lol, but it came out good!

On top of the louver, I had found another good deal on a SYE kit so I went over to my buddies garage and with their help, I installed that as well as a tom woods rear drive shaft.

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #10
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I picked up a pair of body armor trail doors on amazon for $250ish shipped and picked up a pair of replacement mirrors. I mounted the mirrors to the doors and I really like the way they turned out. Personally, I don't like having the doors but if I want the girl to tag along ...... jeeps gotta have doors.

Also, not pictured around this time I had the Jeep regeard with the help of my friends at JeepsandWrenches, it went from 3.73 to 4.88s and while we were at it, we installed a spartan locker up front and the new diff covers.

I have also installed a 1 inch spacer lift in the rear with a 1.5 in the front and the rough country long arm upgrade.
Unread 12-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #11
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

A couple of weeks ago on a trail ride trip to Golden Mountain Park (that went terrible for everyone who went), I broke my tie rod.... but luckily enough, the replacement/upgrade was already sitting on my porch waiting to be installed so....

Here are some pics from that trip, including when I almost laid it over.

Just for the record, my *** was eating seat cushion while this photo was taken. My friend who is securing his jeep to mine with a strap, is 6'3 for reference

Unread 12-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #12
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a few things I am still planning on doing to it. I am going to have it painted. Most likely granite crystal metallic like used on the 2014 models, I am also looking into getting rid of the old school lights and adding some LED light bards instead.

Other than that my Jeep is pretty much exactly where I want it right now.

Unread 02-14-2015, 04:50 PM   #13
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

well earlier this week it got a paint job.

Here it is from start to finish. Although the finished pics are not that great, you can't seem to get a good idea of how it looks. In some lights, it looks blue, in some others silver, others grey and black at night. The paint code I went with is 1G0. Smoky Granite Mica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.