Colorado beginner with 92 cherokee-need help locally - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Colorado beginner with 92 cherokee-need help locally

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 09-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
bcook70
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Colorado beginner with 92 cherokee-need help locally

I just bought a 92 jeep cherokee laredo with 206,000 on the OD. The guy thought the tranny was shot because he heard a clunk and wouldn't shift into 5th gear or reverse anymore and he had oil pouring out the passenger side of engine. Body and interior are in great shape and 4.0l HO engine seems strong. Bought it for $450 bucks, took home and turns out it was just a broken motor mount. Bolts broke and sheered off inside block. Got it on jack stands and lifted up engine with jack and 2x4 under oil pan. Bought a replacement mount/bracket from Brown Dog so don't have to drill out old bolts but having trouble putting in new bracket. I am new to this stuff and need some help. Anyone near Longmont/Boulder CO wanna help me. I will provide all the BBQ/Beer and even some $$ if necessary. Looking to do more after fixing motor mount to customize (lift, ect..) but for now just want to get back on road. Tranny is fine. This could be a cool truck. Anyone wanna help a new kid out?

bcook70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.