College Build - 99 TJ - Rdock31 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > College Build - 99 TJ - Rdock31

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 04-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #16
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the compliments! Glad people are checking it out.

Gonna start on the drivetrain next... sye/cv, upper arms and 8.8 in that order. Either going with Tera sye and Tattons shaft, or AA/RR sye and cut down cherokee shaft. Suggestions?

BDS - Savvy - Brown Dog - AtoZ - Metalcloak - Cooper - RC
rdock31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #17
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just talked to a local driveline shop and they charge $69 to cut/balance a shaft, not bad if I can get the shaft for cheap. I'll probably end up going that route when the time comes.

Unread 05-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #18
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing too big, but just ordered newer style TJ mirrors to replace mine. Driver side has been broken for way too long.

Unread 05-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #19
JC_Sahara

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm lookimg to do the newer mirrors also! Looking good man!
Unread 05-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #20
psychopilot

Nice
psychopilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #21
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys! Schools almost out and that means Jeep season is almost here for me. Planning to install my savvy cable shifter, set up bump stops for the cloaks and possibly pick up an 8.8 (4.10 and LSD).

Unread 05-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #22
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got the mirrors in the mail, planned on putting them on but for some reason I don't have the right torx. Added the Jeep-Owner.com sticker though

Unread 05-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #23
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Went on a trail ride / wheeling trip with a buddy today. It was on some private property owned by a friend of his, kinda sketchy but worth it. Didn't get a chance to get any pictures on the trails, just posers before and after.

Got caught in a picture mid stride.. Pretty lame but the jeep looks good.

Unread 05-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #24
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't really do too much today, did some body work on a rust spot and tried to weld my exhaust hanger back up.. that's about it. Talked to a guy I know who said he'd help weld up my 8.8 and we agreed on beer and food as the payment.

8.8 - $200
Artec Truss - $299
Misc. ~ $100

Hoping this stays true and I get it done for around 600, because I'll be adding the sye in as well.

Unread 05-20-2014, 11:05 PM   #25
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Finally eliminated the gap between my sliders and cloaks, just drilled a 3/8" hole through both and used 5/16" bolts, easy enough. Still a slight gap between the sliders and tub on both sides so the silicone will have to suffice. CEL came and went in the past two days, thinking its the downstream 02 sensor like it was last time, and I never replaced it.

Also been thinking about more armor related things instead of what I should be... 8.8 and SYE. I'm liking the Extreme Terrain Corners ($150), REALLY like Ares Fab's front bumper, and Barnes rear bumper to keep the flush rear. But I'm thinking I should opt for aluminum, especially with the steel sliders and cloaks. Gotta start start up my new job before I can do anything, these are the times I was rich

Unread 06-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #26
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got bored today so I went out and bought a 3 ton floor jack from HF. Couldn't beat it for $69. Finally checked clearances and where to set bumpstops at.. I ran out of time so I did the rear. Checked full bump and flex with the springs removed like Unlimited04 has in his posts. I had a 2" bumpstop from a while back from RC so that went in. With the jounce/springs removed I connected the shocks and jacked up to full bump. There were no interference at all (trackbar or gas tank).

Shocks are almost bottomed out when the bumptops hit, yet there's plenty of room left.

Flex on passenger side, driver side drooped.

I'm thinking I either need to get longer shocks or get my *** in gear and get everything I need to do for 35's. Tomorrow I hope to get my Savvy cable shifter installed, along with the front bumpstops.

Unread 06-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #27
d1backwoods
2010 JK Wrangler 

VERY NICE BUILD!! Them there metalclaoks are fancysauce
Unread 06-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #28
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

For anybody reading this.. Just an FYI, trying to put on this savvy cable shifter is a PITA. The top nut for the bracket that attaches to the t case is tough to get off, been trying for a while now

Unread 06-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #29
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got it in finally! Had issues with the the linkages not lining up, but after some minor shifts and adjustments they went in . Overall it shifts a tad better than stock, and I can stay in 4L now. I thought it'd be a huge improvement in smoothness, but maybe I still need to adjust it a bit more.

Unread 06-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #30
rdock31
Average Jeeper

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well the bs continues.. Was off work today and it's rainy so I decided to do a few things to the jeep, being switch both track bar bolts to hex heads, set up front bumpstops and replace bolts in my TB bracket. So I ran to lowes picked up a couple bolts and a T50 bit. Right when I started trying to loosen the front torx it stripped, though it was the right size. It looked like someone tried to mess with it before I did. So it's either cut it out somehow or get someone to weld on a nut. :thumbsdown:
Then headed to the back to swap the others out. The rear torx came out perfectly because I've dealt with it before and used anti-seize. When I went to remove the brackets top bolt I realized it was loose, and noticed the guy who put the bracket on didn't drill the hole out to 5/16".. So I either have to attempt to drill it out or just buy some more 1/4" bolts to replace the bent and smaller one that was in there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.