Got outside to work on the jeep a little since there was somewhat nice weather (40's).
Took the rear flares off.. To see how it looked without them and to make the WW2WW sliders a little easier to install.. Only one hiccup, one of the nutsert bolts broke off. I'll paint the wheel wells black so it looks a little better.
Also finally got around to getting the broken rear seat bracket bolts out. (The front one on both sides, with the welded nut underneath) Driver side came out easy with a breaker bar, passenger side had to use a punch and hammer from the top due to limited space underneath. I'll just be using bolts, washers and nuts to replace them.
Sidenote: Got my JK turn signals in, hopefully I can find a 3-1/8" hole saw somewhere locally, since Lowe's didn't have one.
Got a little bit accomplished today, both metalcloaks are almost done and I have one slider left to put on, and both to notch. A couple bolts broke, but that's how it is in the rust belt. I have to go back and redo some things for the Cloaks, due to my install without directions. Probably should have printed those..
Factory fenders removed.
Driver side slider done, just need to touch up paint.
Metalcloak arched. Love the look.
I think once I get finished with axles, brakes, etc 35's will look pretty good on it.
Got finished with everything that I had planned today.. Both sliders bolted on and notches made, metalcloaks installed (only a few adjustments to be made), and JK signals installed.
For the sliders I used a radius cut, the passenger side looks a little cleaner due to it being the second one I did. I kinda winged it on the driver side, could use a bit more grinding but I am content for now.
Got the JK turn signals installed that I ordered from RockAuto. They were around $30 for both, and I used a 5% off discount which took off only around $1, but it saved money. To install I used a 3-1/8" hole saw. Measured out the center points and cut them, only took around 20mins. For the ridges, I just used a dremel and shaved them down until it was a tight fit. I also put black silicone around them to make them water tight.
For side marker/turn signals, I used an idea from Jeffro's build.. Just replacing the clear bulbs with amber ones and sticking them into the holes in the inner fenders.
Sidenote: I had some difficulties with paint sticking, even though my prep work was good. If I had to do it over, I would have opted to have them powdercoated.
Let me know if you want more detailed pictures, I will gladly do so.
Haven't done too much lately, school and spring ball have been keeping me busy. Took a pretty cool shot overlooking the river, professional photography with my iPhone haha
My birthday is today, and my gf told me she would buy me a jeep part.. Thinking about a novak or savvy cable shifter, leaning towards the savvy though.
Also might be getting an 8.8 earlier than I expected. Probably going to go with ECGS unless I can find a local shop to set it up for cheaper. Local junk yard has one with 410 and LSD for $200, but ECGS has 410s so I wouldn't have to pay for regear.
Nice build you have here. Seems to be pretty similar to mine. I was also looking at the ECGS 8.8s but then decided to save a few bucks and piece it together myself with the exception of welding and the actual re-gearing. Also the last few evenings I have been installing my MC Arched fenders too. Keep up the good work.