A Collaborative Build: J10 Frame OFF RestoMOD--NEED HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Collaborative Build: J10 Frame OFF RestoMOD--NEED HELP

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 02-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
DallasBuilder

A Collaborative Build: J10 Frame OFF RestoMOD--NEED HELP

Hello to all! I am very pleased to finally be on this forum, and to have a solid purpose.
A little about myself and the pursuit of this: I am a custom Home builder by profession, and I have always owned jeeps and in fact restored my first jeep (1983 cj8) frame up, then built an e36 BMW m3 from the frame up. Now, this was cutting, welding, and bolting, painting, wiring, and of course lots of time and money.

Well being the nostalgic that I am, and feeling more confident, I thought I would buy a marketing vehicle for our company and make it my daily driver as well.

The Vehicle? A 1983 Jeep J-10.
Now what I need big time advice on and I promise to keep the thread as detailed with synopsis, and I will track dollars spent, time spent on differing components, and of course pictures.

But from my sketches, research, and my ultimate objectives. This is what I would like to do:

Remove the body, Sand blast and line-x the frame, and the inside faces of the body panels.
Next is the axles. Here is where I need a lot of advice.
I don't know which set up is best. Do I run Dana 20,30,44s? Do I run them front and back? Which transfer case? The motor will be a c5 LS1. Which manual should I mate it to? Here is another concern, I've read about so many i don't know which is best.
This will NOT be an off road vehicle, but rather a daily driver that will also serve as a marketing tool for different vendor plugs in the home building industry.
Lifted? Maybe slightly to run 30-33s max. I will dynomat the entire cab then carpet and manufacture one off pieces for the dash and trim.
But I want the rig squeaky clean. I have a significant budget but will be OCD. Finding parts for a j10 isn't as easy as I thought. I know the FSJ sites (about 3) and they are pricey, and wagonners are interchangeable (some parts) but with the stack of notes, the plans, the budget all in place I'm looking for right points in the right direction, and by no means consider myself a pro in this. Im good at what I do, and this is not that, obviously, but I do respect those enthusiasts who have been at this for much longer and who are true Savy jeep builders.

With that I again thank you all for the input and time and promise to pay it forward at least in a coherent thread tracking progress.

Also to note This is my first forum online and I don;t know all the etiquette involved so I apologize in advance if this posting is incorrect.

DallasBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.