Climbit's Daily Driven Weekend Wheeling affair - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Climbit's Daily Driven Weekend Wheeling affair

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Reply
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #121
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch
SICK rims bro.
Right...

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #122
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,686
Got a lot done on the POS.

Pulled and swapped the Radiator and AC condenser, ditched the factory transmission cooler for a larger one and re-plumbed the lines, and got a power steering cooler mounted up.

everything out... I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing a water-pump and thermostat while i had it open.


everything new


I had to do a little "custom" plumbing on the steering cooler return. the pump has a -6 return welded in, and the cooler I had is -8. so I used a -8 pushlock fitting with a -6 adapter. I ordered the wrong adapter, so I couldn't use my -6 pushlock fitting, so instead I used a peice of 3/8" transmission tube I had cut off the transmission feed to the rad and a 3/8" tube to -6AN adapter fitting and flared the end of the tubing to get a good seal. I've got the -6 male-male adapter now, so if it leaks I can put a real push lock fitting, but I don't see that happening.



and all of that leads up to this: 35" MTRKs




also picked up this little toy: 8.8, 4.56, ARB, Super88 kit.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #123
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
Got a lot done on the POS.

Pulled and swapped the Radiator and AC condenser, ditched the factory transmission cooler for a larger one and re-plumbed the lines, and got a power steering cooler mounted up.

everything out... I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing a water-pump and thermostat while i had it open.


I dig the stance, but I thought you was going taller?

everything new


I had to do a little "custom" plumbing on the steering cooler return. the pump has a -6 return welded in, and the cooler I had is -8. so I used a -8 pushlock fitting with a -6 adapter. I ordered the wrong adapter, so I couldn't use my -6 pushlock fitting, so instead I used a peice of 3/8" transmission tube I had cut off the transmission feed to the rad and a 3/8" tube to -6AN adapter fitting and flared the end of the tubing to get a good seal. I've got the -6 male-male adapter now, so if it leaks I can put a real push lock fitting, but I don't see that happening.



and all of that leads up to this: 35" MTRKs




also picked up this little toy: 8.8, 4.56, ARB, Super88 kit.
I dig the stance, but I thought you was going taller?
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #124
Grewe02
Guns > Swords
 
Grewe02's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, Kalifornia
Posts: 4,542
Is that Joe's 8.8?
__________________
Andy, KD8EIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #125
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
I dig the stance, but I thought you was going taller?
I will. the front will probably get another 1 to 2 inches to sit more level with the rear.

the plan is a set of ACOS. I don't want different springs.

then I'll re-do my shock mounts and possibly 3 link it. depends on how much time and money I have.

it will need a ****load of sheet metal work to tuck the 35"s like the 33"s did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Is that Joe's 8.8?
yup
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #126
Grewe02
Guns > Swords
 
Grewe02's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, Kalifornia
Posts: 4,542
Dang I didn't realize he had it out already! Good news is you'll never break it
__________________
Andy, KD8EIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #127
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I will. the front will probably get another 1 to 2 inches to sit more level with the rear.

the plan is a set of ACOS. I don't want different springs.

then I'll re-do my shock mounts and possibly 3 link it. depends on how much time and money I have.

it will need a ****load of sheet metal work to tuck the 35"s like the 33"s did.




yup
What springs do you have that you like so well? As far as 35's on your current height, it's not as much sheet metal work as you think
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #128
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

What springs do you have that you like so well? As far as 35's on your current height, it's not as much sheet metal work as you think
I run currie 4" TJ springs...

As far as uptravel, I run 12" shocks with 7" of uptravel.

At my height that puts the 35" just under the hood.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #129
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 12,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Is that Joe's 8.8?
Not any more.

Me gots another axle that needs to be installed that I'm working on.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #130
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I run currie 4" TJ springs...

As far as uptravel, I run 12" shocks with 7" of uptravel.

At my height that puts the 35" just under the hood.
I must ask, how in the hell are you making 12" shocks work with 4" springs and getting that much up travel? Yesterday I swapped my 3" coils for some 4-4.5" coils to level my XJ out and I still can't get more than about 4" of up travel with 10's! That's with 35's. My lower mounts are moved slightly, but not much.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #131
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
I must ask, how in the hell are you making 12" shocks work with 4" springs and getting that much up travel? Yesterday I swapped my 3" coils for some 4-4.5" coils to level my XJ out and I still can't get more than about 4" of up travel with 10's! That's with 35's. My lower mounts are moved slightly, but not much.
currie coils have ~11" of travel. I am maxing them out.

go back a few pages, my shock mounts have been moved down a bit and I run short body shocks.


more recently, blew a hub on my first shakedown run. considering getting some CTM drive flanges

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #132
Grewe02
Guns > Swords
 
Grewe02's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, Kalifornia
Posts: 4,542
How did you do that, anyway?
__________________
Andy, KD8EIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #133
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
How did you do that, anyway?
too much skinny pedal.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #134
CTeunuch
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
too much skinny pedal.
No such thing.
__________________
Think Twice Garage
"Yeah, that might work, pass me the grinder..."
94ZJ AX15/HP44/8.8/5.13's/35'' MTZ's SOLD
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #135
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
currie coils have ~11" of travel. [/IMG][/URL]
Wow. I need to look into some Currie coils...
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.