Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chester's TJ build

81K views 924 replies 41 participants last post by  yellow_snocone 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've been holding off on doing a build thread since I haven't done anything special to my jeep compared to other builds but now that I heading in that direction here we go.

Future plans:
outboard rear shocks
4 Link rear
3 link front
flat fenders (Rokmen)
modify front bumper
WB 100 ish
Fuel cell or stretch tank (Genright)

When I got him in 2009

After some bolt on mods 31's/winch/bumper

I did some wheeling and learned alot

I installed a front aussie locker

and lift kit RC 3.25

SS SYE

Rear locker

Wheeled it some more for two more years

After a few deployments and some reading on other people's builds I decided to get serious with the upgrades
Ford 8.8

35x12.5x15 goodyear MTR K

Wheeled some more

Modified the rear fenders

Wheeled some more :laugh:

See less See more
#19 ·
I got the axle in but ran into an issue with one of my upper control arms so I'll wait on cycling the suspension

I couldn't take the center ring out to regrease the bearing

Called RC and got a replacement jonny joint. Thankfully these arms are only temporary I have all new custom JJ arms for my 4 link

I'm going to have to figure out a way to use the stock e-brake cables I have on the 8.8 if not I'll get the kit from ECGS

#21 ·
Got the BL and MML lift in

Not much trouble from the install besides having to file down a few mounts to fit the BL. The motor mounts went in without any issues at all, tough working on the driver side with all lines being there. I didnt get a chance to take any pictures from the install.

Back on all fours. I just need to adjust my shock mounts. A quick grind of and reweld should cover it. :thumbsup:

#23 ·
yellow_snocone said:
I need to finish the jeep before Thursday since the Girlfriend will be in town and I cant work when shes here but I need it done before the 20th for Carnage Canyon.

To Do List
flush brakes
install New UCF skid
Adjust rear pinion angle
Fix Shock mounts on axle
Carnage in CO ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.