Cheap XJ is home - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Cheap XJ is home

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
lockerx2
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Cheap XJ is home

Picked up a new project today. 90 cherokee. Blown motor, straight body, no rust, looking to get beat up on the trail. I'll post pictures of the build through out time. Lot of good plans for the Cherokee! It has 200k miles on it and its all stock and I traded a canoe for it haha. ($350 price of canoe 2 years ago) but all my pictures say the file is to big to post...any tips?

lockerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 06:28 AM   #2
lockerx2
1997 XJ Cherokee 

rps20140918_082731.jpg
Unread 09-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Make a photobucket account and you can copy and paste the IMG code in with your text. Good deal on the jeep! I'm trying to find someone willing to do a similar deal
Unread 09-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
lockerx2
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 09-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #5
lockerx2
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the in for on putting pictures on. I will try to put build pics as I go.
Unread 09-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #6
lockerx2
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 09-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #7
lockerx2
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 09-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #8
lockerx2
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 09-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
caronaxtr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That is a perfect base for building a rig. What are your plans? Price was right too.
caronaxtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #10
lockerx2
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Well haha I can tell you what I wanna do. Not sure when it will all happen. This build will come slow with just the extra $$ I got.

I want 35s km2s 6.5 inch long arm lift sye 4.88 gears lockers front and rear 8.8 disc rear end build my own front and rear bumpers winch rack lights snorkel. I'm doing a complete re build on the engine this winter I'm going with a cam and bore .40 over shave heads for more compression and port heads for more flow. Headers High flow cat and flow master 50 series muffler. But right now I'm concentrating on the engine and getting it on the road probably paint the trim and flares and do a small lift with 31s so its not all stock haha fix what ever other maintainence it needs and while I re build engine I will get a cheapo engine from local pick and save junk yard and get it in so I can drive the thing.
Unread 09-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #11
caronaxtr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet, get a build thread going. Sounds like you are in the right track. Good choice going long arms right away. I'm at 5.5+" of lift on short arms. Love the height with 35's but should have done long arms right from the start. Oh well, what's another $750.00 for long arms after regearing& air lockers......

Good luck
caronaxtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.