Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 01-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #106
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, if you don't mind a crasher, camping and Jeep trails are some of my favorite things!

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #107
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Of course, the more the merrier! It probably be a Saturday- Sunday type thing.
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #108
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Brilliant. I'm with you on everything except the mud... I hate mud. All it does is seep into everything, messing with electronics and causing additional wear... Trail rides are great though; mud aside, if it's not on pavement, I'm game for whatever! Have you found anywhere else good to wheel in VA besides GWNF and JNF? I've heard of some down Roanoke way, but the only trail I had done down there was closed this past year...

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #109
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah when i say mud i mean like the pothole of mud on a gravel driveway, im not a big fan either. But no i havent really come across any good places to wheel
Unread 01-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #110
chevyman840
1994 ZJ 

Love it nice build i see some people from va here we all need to go out wheeling some time the more the better i think
chevyman840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #111
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OK, so on my lunchbreak I found some better snowpiles, right outside my work... The rear bumper is only a couple inches off the ground!

Best lunch break ever!

Unread 01-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #112
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is one steep snow pile.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #113
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Installed the S-POD tonight. I highly recommend them, that is one heck of a well made product! I haven't installed the compressor yet, and lights are still on order... So right now the switches don't do anything. They do light up red and look pretty though! Hopefully tomorrow after work I'll get the compressor in, and get pics posted.

Unread 01-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #114
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like it is time to update the sig again
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 01-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #115
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for keeping me honest with that! I'm way too forgetful most of the time, it probably would have been days before I noticed...

Unread 01-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #116
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

As promised, here are some pics...

Compressor install this evening, and possibly my Superlift Truspeed, if I'm feeling particularly ambitious...

Unread 01-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #117
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like the location of it. The only place better I can think of is the accessory tray, but I don't know if you have one. If you do, I would imagine that is where the compressor is going.
Unread 01-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #118
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You're absolutely right, that is where the compressor is going.

But the S-POD bracket is actually designed to go right where it is. It uses the 15mm bolts where the grounds are connected; when installing you just have to make sure to reconnect the grounds. Things like that made the install extremely easy... It's a very well thought out product.

Unread 01-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #119
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool... I love it when products are well thought out like that. I also like the placement of the switches. Probably not the easiest plae to access, but it sure looks clean. On a different note, I found a great place to flex out my Jeep on the ice. It is different than your snow mound since it was the edge of what was plowed. I will try to get some pictures up. I need to send them from my phone.

Edit: Here is the first one. It is hard to see just how big it is. The r/pass was tucked up into the well, and I think it was bump stopped. When I popped up the whole Jeep rocked forward, and park couldn't hold it up. I have to set the e-brake to get it to stay for the pics.

The second pic makes it hard to see just how stuff the rear tire is. If you look at the first pic, you notice that the snow isn't on any of the tread. It is the same way for the other rear tire.

Last edited by LuckRider; 01-14-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Unread 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #120
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks nice! Throw some quick disconnects on there and your flex will be a lot better though...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.