Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 01-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #91
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I saw that, but the main part of it is adding a relay and switch... All I need is to connect the lights to my S-POD Source. I should be able to wire that much on my own.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #92
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The S-Pod showed up at my house today. It's absolutely gorgeous; the workmanship great, they really took some time with this one. I won't have a chance to install it until Tuesday at the earliest, but it looks great so far!

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 01-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #93
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That does look amazing... Surprised you didn't spring for the air gauge for later. I think those will look amazing, and will give it a complete look.

So what can I do to roll in the dough like you. I wouldn't be able to waste money on two different front bumpers, and $450 for 6 switches (no matter how awesome those switches were).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #94
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

To be honest, I did give the air gauge serious thought... But then I decided that I'm most likely not going to be sitting inside my Jeep when using air tools and whatnot, so I don't really need to know the pressure there. When I get my tank, I'll have a gauge somewhere under the hood, or by the tank itself.

As far as money... So far I've gotten lucky enough to get things at great discounts. I ordered the S-POD on the last day of their 10% off sale; I didn't even know it was going on until I went on the site to order. After bills, beer, and gas, my entire paycheck goes into my Jeep... I just live light in other respects...

Unread 01-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #95
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a Jeep is stealing yet another persons food. Well... I guess many starve for this obsession.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #96
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I couldn't resist, with all those snow piles around... I must have looked pretty funny jumping out of my Jeep in a suit, and taking these...

Unread 01-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #97
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

lol... Nice pics. I take it that the snow is actually ice now right?
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #98
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yep! That's why I waited this long to do it... I didn't really feel like sinking in to it. The top of those piles is only 4 or 5 feet... Need to find bigger ones!

Unread 01-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #99
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
Yep! That's why I waited this long to do it... I didn't really feel like sinking in to it. The top of those piles is only 4 or 5 feet... Need to find bigger ones!
go to barracks.... you must have seen the 30 footer by now....
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #100
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Find a strip mall. Our price choppr (idk if you have one of those) is located in a strip mall, and they plow with massive front end loaders that have ~12' plows. They make piles that are about 30' tall, and can last through March.
Unread 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #101
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks good, how do like the fenders?
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #102
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithkeith View Post
go to barracks.... you must have seen the 30 footer by now....
Yeah, I wanted to go up it as soon as I laid eyes on it... There's even a "road" going up to the top! Unfortunately, the entire thing is in a construction site or something, and I don't particularly feel like being arrested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJSahara View Post
Jeep looks good, how do like the fenders?
I love them. Definitely one of my favorite things I've done to the Jeep. I wasn't wild about the appearance at first, but it grew on me. They're very well made, and everything fit nicely... If you like the look of them, and want mad clearance, definitely get some!

Unread 01-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #103
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have admired this build many times, never commented though.

Its lookin great though man. Your not that far away from me, we should go wheelin sometime!

Keep up the good work man!
Unread 01-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #104
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! You ever come down and wheel at Crozet? That's the best place around... The national forests are pretty good too, but they're closed until March I believe... I've got the schedule around here somewhere. If you haven't hit Crozet yet, go look at RCPFA.com, there's a great rock park out there.

Unread 01-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #105
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I've heard great things about Crozet, but to be honest im not that big into rocks yet...lack of armor and experience. I like trails/mud, normal beginner stuff I guess haha. I've been to GWNF a couple times and yes they are closed 'til March. Me and some of my buddies plan on campin' there for a weekend in the spring when its a little warmer and hopefully I'll have some armor by then.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.