Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 12-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #76
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I hear those g2 axles are almost bullet proof. I wish they were out when I got hit last december. My d30 cost $4k (insurance of course), and those come locked for less than $3k. I do have a lifetime warrenty, but I would rather have the money, and never have to fix it.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #77
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Dang, 4k for a D30??? A locked spicer 44 from Northridge is 2700! I hadn't heard anything about the G2 axles until today, but I'm glad somebody else has.

The quote he gave me was about $1460... Definitely higher than expected; I think I'll save up for the G2. I'll still have to regear the rear, for about $800, but at least it will be a much better setup. Of course, I could always get a G2 rear for 2500...

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 09:06 AM   #78
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2010 Plans

OK, with the new year on it's way, I've been working on my own version of resolutions. They are, of course, for the Jeep.

Basically I've come up with the basic list of mods that I'm planning on gettin done this year, in order. Since I've decided to get the G2 axle, regearing is going to have to wait a bit. There's stuff I need to buy before the axle goes in, so that everything will be set up the way I want it. I'm hoping to have the axle and all its associated components at least ordered by the first of July; in the meantime, I'll just keep my 33's... They've got a lot of tread left anyway. The updated plan for at least the first half of the year is as follows:

ARB compressor w/tire inflation kit
S-Pod
AEV rear differential slider
Currie steering
G2 D44 front axle
Superior 4.88 gears/install kit for rear D44
AEV front differential slider
EBC yellow/green stuff pads w/rear centric rotors
Goodyear MTR w/kevlar (35's or 37s... haven't decided yet...)
Vanco BBK
Super 44 kit w/ARB for rear

Somewhere in there, whenever they're released/I have extra cash, are the Savvy tummy tuck, aluminum Metalcloak corner armor, Lightforce driving lights, and H4 headlights.

That should all keep me busy for a while, I think!

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 12-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #79
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Have fun with that... sounds like a cool plan.

The 4k for the axle was before I found Jeepforum though. With the g2d44, you might be able to get away with the 37"s, but Blaine has said that one of his customers spent over $6k with a d44 'cus he kept breaking it with 37"s.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #80
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Forgot to say, I ordered my S-POD and ARB compressor last week. The compressor should be here Monday; not sure about the S-Pod, but John sent me an email which said it should ship by today. No word yet, but it probably did.

I also got an email from Doug over at Metalcloak today... He shared the first image of the upgrades for my bumper. It's got the mini-caps, black bolts, and his newly designed light bar. I can't wait to see it all in person; I keep looking at the rendering he sent, and it looks fantastic. I've gotta say, it's really growing on me; and the new version looks much better than what I have now. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to share the rendering, so unless I hear otherwise from Doug, I'll make everybody wait to see.

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #81
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, sweet, you are begining to like this bumper much more than that savvy thing. I would be happy to help clear it out of your garage for you for the price of shipping. Eh... what the heck, I will even throw in $50 to compensate you for painting it
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #82
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You're funny!

I think I've decided on my next purchase though... Whichever one I end up with, they're both working on center-light bars...

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #83
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have seen those on here a few times. Are the advantages of those lights really worth the $240 price tag?
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #84
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Found them for about $205... still expensive though. The draw for me is that they are extremely lightweight, practically indestructable, and look great. They have interchangable lenses to change color and beam pattern on the fly, so you can have driving lights one minute, fogs the next. For me, that makes it worth the money.

Unread 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #85
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I see. Nobody has ever explained the reason for the price. I knew you could swap colors quickly, but I didn't realized there were still other advantages.
Unread 01-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #86
Douglas S.

Those lights are sex, please buy
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #87
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, don't worry; as soon as my check clears tomorrow morning they'll be on the way!

In other news, my S-POD and Savvy light mounts shipped! Not sure on the light mounts, but the compressor and S-POD should be here on Monday.

Unread 01-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #88
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered my Lightforce 140 Lances today! Evidently they don't come in the low mount version anymore, so if I decide I want the low version (about 15mm difference) I'll have to buy the other mounts myself for about $20. I'll just have to see how these ones are first. I haven't decided whether they'll go on the light bar above the winch or be windshield lights though. The ultimate plan is to have 140's in both spots, and 170's down on the bumper, in near-stock placement.

One thing I forgot to mention about these lights in one of the above posts... In addition to changing the light dispersion using a filter, the lights themselves are actually adjustable, similar to a maglight. By twisting the housing, it can go from a pencil-beam to a flood light.

I found a great deal on these things, too. LightForce Lights - AED Lights - Spotlights, Driving Lights, Hunting Lights has the 140's for $187, with free shipping. 170's there are $203.

Unread 01-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #89
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

sick lights! might pick up a set. my piaas have been nothing but a pain in the ***.
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #90
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

depending on how you are with wiring, looks like you might need to add the wiring harness to the cost - 62 bucks.
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.