Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #466
Ramathorn
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Everytime I see those fenders it makes me want them even more!

Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #467
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You have my favorite all around rig on here. It looks so nice. Everything you have is what I plan to do on my future build
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #468
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard15 View Post
You have my favorite all around rig on here. It looks so nice. Everything you have is what I plan to do on my future build
Thanks! That's pretty high praise around here!

My axle shafts came today, and I decided that I have more money than time, so I'm getting the shop to install them. As much as it irks me not to do the work myself, I need my Jeep back; I wouldn't have time to install them myself for at least a week or two. Hopefully they'll get it done tomorrow, and I can stop riding my motorcycle to work in the cold!

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #469
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I could just ****ing scream. I picked up my Jeep tonight, and instead of discovering that it was all better, found that pretty much nothing had changed. Yes, there was slightly less noise, because my rear axles were new. But the other noises were still there, and the same vibes... It was pretty clear that they didn't test drive it after their work, and that after finding the rear shafts they stopped investigating. I left a pretty scathing message on their voicemail, but won't have a chance to deal with them until tomorrow. I mean seriously, they blew through three deadlines to fix it, and then it's not even ****ing right??? **** these people!

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 11-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #470
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Stealership? Most of them suck in 2 ways:

1. They suck at fixing stuff
2. The suck the money out of your pocket.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #471
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OK, the old rear bumper is now up for grabs. PM me if you're interested.

Unread 12-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #472
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Between rain, work, darkness and being sick, it took near forever for me to get around to putting the Savvy rear bumper on. Last week I fixed the oil seal on one of the rear axle shafts (dealership screw-up), but hadn't gotten to drive it to test. Well, now it's driveable and everything looks good.

I love this bumper. As you can see in the pictures, it doesn't stick out from the back of the Jeep nearly as far as others. Instead of simply bolting to the crossmember, it actually slides over it before bolting in.

Unread 12-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #473
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Can you post some helpful tips on installing that bumper. Gerald at Savvy said something about studs and nutplates etc. How hard was the install. I love that bumper with the receiver. Do you plan on towing anything with it?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #474
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

One of the easiest installs ever. As far as the studs and Nutplate or whatever, you don't need need to worry about them except of you need to remove them to paint. All they are is two bolts through a metal plate, attached the same way lugs are to an axle flange. There are retaining rings, which come off, and access holes to remove the plates. I didn't even bother taking pictures, because once you see them, it's perfectly self-explanatory.

I don't plan on towing anything. It will be used with my Viking receiver recovery point and with a bike rack, that's all. If Blaine said he didn't want it used to tow things, I'll take his word that there's a reason.

Unread 12-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #475
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

so there is no loops on the hitch if you ever needed to hook at trailer up, that's the same down fall as mine. Im gonna have to have a guy weld some tabs to bottom of the hitch plate.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #476
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDJP44 View Post
so there is no loops on the hitch if you ever needed to hook at trailer up, that's the same down fall as mine. Im gonna have to have a guy weld some tabs to bottom of the hitch plate.
I don't really see it as a downfall... Blaine specifically didn't put safety chain spots on there because he didn't want people using it for towing. I decided I'd follow that rule before I even ordered it. The only reason I wanted the receiver was to make it so the D-ring could be changed directionally.

Unread 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #477
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I would only be using it to tow a small 600lb trailer with a couple hundred pounds of camping gear etc. I might just go with a bumper/tire carrier.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #478
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

dude. tell me that's just the light one the tailpipe that's making it look gold... or are you seriously blinging????
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #479
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Haha no, that's the light. It is a bit discolored from heat and whatnot, but certainly not gold! How are things up North?

Unread 12-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #480
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Dropped the Jeep off at the shop today to finally get my regear... Hopefully in about four days I'll have it back. Jeep withdrawal begins...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.