Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 10-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #421
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Spraying is finally done!

The tintable liner turned out really well; It's very close to body color. The only bad thing was that that made it really difficult to see if I had covered an area well enough. The good thing is that any small crevices where I missed aren't noticeable at all. It came out really well, just enough texture to be durable, but nothing like line-x.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #422
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shot of everything back together. I'll get a few more up later.

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 10-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #423
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Today was a good day.

Last night I installed my Savvy Black Magic brake pads and Centric Rotors, and began the break-in process. I finished breaking them in this morning, and all I can say is WOW! I can't believe how much better the Jeep brakes now. According to reports, it'll continue to get better for a few days; my brakes are already good enough for 35's IMO. Back to back comparison with my mom's Subaru Outback was pretty close, especially given how much more unsprung weight I have.

I also ran the wires for my speaker pods up through my roll bar. Somebody in another thread mentioned that drilling into the roll bar would compromise its structural integrity, so rather than take the chance, I merely widened an existing hole and ran the wires up. It took a long time and was a PITA, but I'm happy with the results. No way am I putting that padding back on now!

And finally, here's another pic of the final product of the Raptor Liner.

Unread 10-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #424
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally ordered a set of Goodyear MT/R's with Kevlar. They should be here by Friday, I'll have them mounted and installed as soon as they arrive.

I only got four for the moment... The question is, should I get a spare or the Savvy rear bumper? I'll have both eventually, just... Which one first?

Unread 10-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #425
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Evidently I just had to spend more money today... After the tires, I went ahead and ordered the Savvy rear receiver bumper, Savvy corner guards, Currie mini-skids and a Novak shifter. I don't want to look at my bank accounts... But I just had to take advantage of the sales Savvy is having for the Expo!

Sadly, the corners probably won't be installed until I can get a set of the Savvy sliders as well... I don't think they'll mate up well with the Metalcloak rockers, so it's just an excuse to switch to something lighter. Savvy stuff is too beautiful to go hacking away at, or have it fit anything less than perfectly.

Unread 10-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #426
Ethan79
2000 TJ Wrangler 

jeep looks great man, everything done right the first time very good work. annnd i see your in VA any good OHV parks or anything you know off besides GWNF?
Ethan79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #427
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! One of the best rock crawling parks on the East Coast, right here in Crozet, 20 minutes from me. Check out Rock Crawlers for the Preservation of Future Access (RCPFA.com) They've got around 100 acres of land to wheel, ranging from blues to blacks to reds. Really great stuff; there are pictures on page 20 of this thread.

Unread 10-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #428
Ethan79
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i knew id miss the one page that had those pics haha. but holy hell that white XJ is massive. looks like some fun thanks man i'll check it out im in Loudoun County.
Unread 10-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #429
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally, the 35" MT/R's are on!

They're a LOT bigger than the old 33" (more like 32") BFG All Terrains...

I felt somewhat cramped on the way to the shop...

Aaaand I still need to do an alignment, there's a bit of a shimmy around 45mph.

Unread 10-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #430
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

looks ****in sweeeet man, slowly mine will kinda resemble your whip, mtr's set it right off

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #431
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

would you be interested in selling your Jeep possibly in the next few months???

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #432
Ethan79
2000 TJ Wrangler 

man those tires look so badass on your rig..
Unread 10-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #433
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDJP44 View Post
would you be interested in selling your Jeep possibly in the next few months???
Haha no, thanks! I doubt I'll ever get rid of it, unless something horrible comes up that makes me.

I was at work when I got the tires put on, so after I went to pick it up, I kept staring out the window at it. My coworkers thought it was hilarious.

Unread 10-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #434
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

nice build man
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 05:16 AM   #435
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just read the whole build. Nice work!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.