Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #301
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I spy a lightbar.... Me likey lightbar

Unread 03-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #302
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

*cough cough* Ignore light bar... That's actually the prototype version, and isn't actually meant to be seen... Oops. My friends convinced me to go out drinking last night instead of installing the new one... I'll put it on tonight or tomorrow. The new one is actually very similar, but the recovery points are quite unique, and frankly... awesome.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #303
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
*cough cough* Ignore light bar... That's actually the prototype version. My friends convinced me to go out drinking last night instead of installing the new one... I'll put it on tonight or tomorrow. The new one is actually very similar, but the recovery points are quite unique, and frankly... awesome.
Yeah I hate it when friends do that...of which I have never done.

Great pics though Doug, looks like the Jeep performed awesome.
Unread 03-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #304
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! It really did perform above expectations... I was wheeling stuff that guys with 35's were doing, and even a few that had 39.5" tires. The Aussie locker is, as I've said before, incredible... There was one obstacle where we were on about a 35* tilt to the passenger side ( I hate being off camber btw...) and had to go up and to the left, with not much traction. Out of everybody in the group, my Jeep had the least problems with it. Somebody, who won't be named, had to use a winch! But I think he's heard enough of me raving about the Aussie already today.

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 03-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #305
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks! It really did perform above expectations... I was wheeling stuff that guys with 35's were doing, and even a few that had 39.5" tires. The Aussie locker is, as I've said before, incredible... There was one obstacle where we were on about a 35* tilt to the passenger side ( I hate being off camber btw...) and had to go up and to the left, with not much traction. Out of everybody in the group, my Jeep had the least problems with it. Somebody, who won't be named, had to use a winch! But I think he's heard enough of me raving about the Aussie already today.
Haha lockers really are a wonderful thing.
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #306
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks! It really did perform above expectations... I was wheeling stuff that guys with 35's were doing, and even a few that had 39.5" tires.
It's all about the spotting

oh... and... i know what's wrong with my rear locker - it'll be working next time we're out!
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #307
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great! Gotta say, your rig performed extremely well considering that you were open/open!

Unread 03-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #308
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got the light bar on. You can check out more pictures in my Metalcloak Bumper Review. But here are some pics of it installed.

Unread 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #309
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That thing is lookin nice Doug
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #310
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep's too clean. you sure you went wheeling?

lightbar looks good!
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #311
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Doug... just realized you forgot to upload a picture - well, actually I wanted the opportunity to post up so I didnt send to you

"Uh, do you hear a noise coming from the back of my jeep...?"

Now THIS takes skill!
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #312
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #313
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The lightbar looks great. BTW.... that is one large rock stock in your tire. The largest I ever get are small pebbles. I thought only MTs got big rocks.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #314
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That damn rock... Should have kept it as a souvenir!

Unread 03-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #315
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OK, I feel like an idiot now...

Ever since I went out to Crozet last Saturday, my speedometer has been acting up. On the way home, the needle started going up and down randomly... And since then, it's said I've been going a lot faster than I actually am. I actually got going 55ish tonight, and it said I was going 70!! But I finally figured out what's wrong.

When I installed my CB, I used a fuse tap to power it. I don't remember what fuse I tapped, but the CB messes with the resistance; it didn't make a difference when I still had the speedo gear, but now that it's all electronic... Whoo boy! Saturday I used the CB a lot, and on the way home, I was transmitting whenever it was screwing up.

So now I have to go and rewire the CB to have a clean power source. I was planning on this anyway just for reception issues, but it's definitely necessary now. Every time I transmit, I have to redo the settings for my Truspeed, which is a PITA to say the least. One problem down. Now if only I could figure out the short in my taillight...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.