Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #16
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Plan for the future and go with 4.88. It will be very low with 33's but will be fine.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #17
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good there dendrophobe. I think the accident was one of the greatest things that could have happened (I read the other thread). You got new fenders, new sliders, a lift, and your mom paid for the door, that is awesome. Can't wait to see the lift go on, and thank for helping me out earlier. I still owe you for that.

You aren't the only one who can't wait for the Savvy TT. I have seen so many posts about that. I may even get one depending on the price, I have a vibe that can only be fied with a new skid... it has something to due with the inherent nature of the factory skid combined with the meticulously deep OD gear in it.

Time for those 35"s, but don't forget your brakes. I would say the Vanco, but you have probably heard that so many times you already know it.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 02:43 AM   #18
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice Jeep man, I like it a lot. Used great parts and you're headed in the right direction.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, this weekend I installed my new springs and shocks, and my slip yoke eliminator... I wanted to get the control arms and track bars done too, but... Little problems (the kind that take hours to fix...) kept popping up for some reason. Mainly me being an idiot.

If it helps anyone else, make sure the transfer case is in 4 low before attempting to pull the slinger or the front yoke nut. In my case, I thought it was, but evidently I bumped it somewhere along the line and it popped out. : And on the front driveshaft, on the TC side... A 1/4 inch ratchet works a HELL of a lot better than a 3/8; I darn near stripped the bolts being an idiot.

Control arms and track bars, followed by driveshaft installation come this week. I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow; the Jeep looks great with the new lift, I have so much better clearance now. Can't wait to get it back out on the rocks.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights

Last edited by dendrophobe; 12-07-2009 at 07:04 AM..
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #20
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

pics or it never happened.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #21
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here are a few (bad) pics...

Still a work in progress... Currently it sits with no driveshafts, no track bars, and no front lower control arms. The only time I have this week is the evening right after work, so it'll probably go a lot slower than I want. But it should be done by Friday, because I need to use it to go out of town...

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
TimeConsumer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, small world. I was on craigslist not too long ago and saw some khaki stock fenders... wonder who's they are...

Really like the direction you're taking the jeep. Plus you can't beat the color
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #23
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Gotta admit, it is one of my favorite colors for a Jeep; it hides dirt easily, and I can't figure out if I like that or not! The fenders have sold finally, and are no longer taking up space in my garage.

Finally ordered my Savvy gas tank skid! Gerald said it would ship today, so I should have that (hopefully) monday or tuesday. edit: tracking number says friday. Talked to Dave over at Rokmen today too, and he said they finally have their steering box skids made up, and I should get it by friday. After about three months of having parts sitting around my house and/or on order, it's nice to finally be getting everything installed!

Last edited by dendrophobe; 12-07-2009 at 01:06 PM..
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
Thanks! Gotta admit, it is one of my favorite colors for a Jeep; it hides dirt easily, and I can't figure out if I like that or not! The fenders have sold finally, and are no longer taking up space in my garage.

Finally ordered my Savvy gas tank skid! Gerald said it would ship today, so I should have that (hopefully) monday or tuesday. edit: tracking number says friday. Talked to Dave over at Rokmen today too, and he said they finally have their steering box skids made up, and I should get it by friday. After about three months of having parts sitting around my house and/or on order, it's nice to finally be getting everything installed!
I hope you took advantage of their free shipping then. Looking god man.
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #25
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I hope you took advantage of their free shipping then. Looking god man.
Oh yes, definitely! As soon as I saw that the sale was back on, I sent Gerald a PM. Everybody go buy one, the price is great!

Unread 12-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #26
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
Oh yes, definitely! As soon as I saw that the sale was back on, I sent Gerald a PM. Everybody go buy one, the price is great!
It's not back to $269 shipped is it?
Unread 12-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #27
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
It's not back to $269 shipped is it?
No, not quite that low; I wish I had bought one back then! Gerald's not publishing the price publicly that I've seen, so I'm not going to say it here... But PM him if you want one, I don't think you'll be too disappointed. It's certainly a heck of a lot better than 320 + shipping, that's for sure!

I can't wait to see my new skid...

Unread 12-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #28
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Eh... I would, but I'm not getting one, so I will just respect those who are savvy (see what I did there?!?!? )

You're going to mount that for high clearance right? Congrats on the score, since I don't care too much on the price, I will speculate $299 shipped (kind of the iddle ground).
Unread 12-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #29
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Of course, high clearance all the way! If I can ever get my Jeep off jack stands, that is...

Currie's directions for control arms are... less than great. For most of them, it's pretty self-explanatory, but the front lowers have an extra set of washers, and I'm not sure where they go. I THINK (please, someone correct me if I'm wrong...) they go on the outside, and lock the JJ in the middle of the cutout on the axle side... If anybody with these arms reads this, help me out!

Unread 12-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #30
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lookin good man... can't wait to see it out at Crozet. Sucks you're not around this weekend. Let me know if you need a hand sometime, I can turn a wrench. Just waiting to bite the bullet on the fenders & front bumper - built a sweet setup on metalcloak.com, with stinger.
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.