Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 01-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #166
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My sister-in-law sent me some pics of the Jeep... They were taken in 2008, so they're not the most recent. Since then, the clear coat on the hood has started to peel, and there's a small dent in the bumper from hitting a deer. (Actually, she was stopped - the deer hit her!) Nothing I can't fix easily. She says there's just under 130,000 miles on it, too; for an XJ, that's just broken in!

I can't wait to get this thing...

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #167
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks pretty clean and well kept (aside from paint issues that can't be seen). Are you planning on painting it? I would at least paint the cladding, it is wron even in that old pic.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #168
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the bad pic, just walked outside to snap one with the cell.
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #169
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here are the spots that I think would be best... The top position would be the better of the two, IMO; the tire will block a little of the light, but if you get small ones like I did, that won't really be much of an issue. I definitely wouldn't put them under the taillights.... That'd look funky, and would mess with your license plate.

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #170
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Looks pretty clean and well kept (aside from paint issues that can't be seen). Are you planning on painting it? I would at least paint the cladding, it is wron even in that old pic.
I'm not sure yet, to be honest. If I do, it will likely be either a flat black or olive drab; I'm leaning toward the olive drab at the moment. But then, I may just be lazy and re-do the clear coat on the hood. Are you referring to the silver-ish strips on the side? They're somewhat odd, but they are stock that color...

Unread 01-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #171
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Never thought about putting them on either side of the tire... I think it would be hard to drill the round tubing though
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #172
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Not the round tubing, on the horizontal beam... It'd be really easy there; use some double-sided tape on the light bracket so you can drill with them in place, then install.

Unread 01-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #173
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ohhh now I see what you ment. I thought you were talkng about on the round tubing next to where you put the dots.
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #174
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you do decide to install them, feel free to drive down one day; I'll be glad to help you out. I'm becoming more and more competent with wiring stuff, and I always keep it nice and clean looking.

I'm always looking for an excuse to work on a Jeep, whether it's mine or not!

Unread 01-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #175
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah when I first started wiring i was terrified of it, now its kind of fun now that I know what the hell im doing!
Unread 01-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #176
keithkeith
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
I'm always looking for an excuse to work on a Jeep, whether it's mine or not!
Current Setup: 2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak Bumper & Tubes, 1” BL, 35” Nitto Mudgrapplers, 17” Silver AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0 w/ in-cab control, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX (r), Herc’d Tub, Clayton Engine & Tranny skids, Chromoly Shafts F&R, Currie HD, Warn Steering Skid, RE Hand Throttle, JKS Motor Mounts, Custom box, CO2, K&N FIPK, Raingler Netting (so the dog doesn’t fly), PIAA 520s Driving & Fog, BDS Rockers, Cobra 75 WX ST, Alpine IVA300 w/GPS & a bunch of other goodies...
keithkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #177
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Currie steering arrived today... That thing is beefy! Way bigger than I had expected... Pictures don't really do it justice; but here are some anyway:

Hand for reference... They're big!

I've also had word that my black bolts/new caps/light bar will be here on Friday, and I just got an email about 10 minutes ago saying my Lightforce lights will be here that day too!

I'm not sure when I'll have time to install all this stuff, but it sure is nice having it around!

Unread 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #178
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is pretty col. Those things didn't look beefy at all until you put your hand next to it.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #179
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well now that I succesfully derailed bunnyhunters thread.....

Yes I will look and see about some HP30s for you this weekend. Im going to a place off of Route1 so we'll see
Unread 01-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #180
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got two great packages last night... One was a prototype Metalcloak light bar, with the black bolts and new end caps. Can't post pics of it, but it looks great; definitely something to look forward to!

The other package was my Lightforce lights. They look great, and are extremely light. I can't wait to get them on!

Last edited by dendrophobe; 01-30-2010 at 06:53 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.