Charlottesville Jeep Build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Charlottesville Jeep Build

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #136
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

tree lover,
Looking good man! My viair is mounted on my tuffy lock box behind the seats of my CJ. I have all kinds of 3/8" poly line and push to lock fittings so let me know when you're doing yours. BTW was eyeballing barracks too, just hit a few in my neighborhood last night after an oil change to get her limbered up for a shoe creek run.

1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #137
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got around to installing my Superlift Truspeed... Except for the apparent atrophy of my soldering skills, everything went well. I mounted the box behind my glove box, using the supplied velcro strips, and routed the wires through the S-POD grommet, and down to the transfer case. Very easy install; all it takes is cutting one of the wires to the speedo sensor and splicing in the wires from the Truspeed.

I set it for 32" tires, because I finally realized that my 33" AT tires aren't true 33's... So the speedo is now more accurate than it was even when I had what I thought was the correct speedo gear! I tested the new setup out with a GPS, and I was good to the tenth of a mph. That'll do for me!

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #138
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Im thinking I wanna wait awhile before we meet up and wheel man....that thing is gonna make me look bad! jkjk
Unread 01-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #139
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Found out tonight that next month I'll be the owner of a 2000 blue 2-door XJ... Something else to build!

I've already got my plans for it, too... It'll be a really slow (and cheap) build, but...

Aussie lockers F/R
rough country 6.5" LA lift
33" tires (when I upgrade the TJ to 35's, I'll swap them over) -->eventually 36" iroks
Cragar soft 8's
topless, with custom cage, and subframe
gas tank relocation to "truck bed"
rock sliders, skids

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights

Last edited by dendrophobe; 01-20-2010 at 11:54 AM..
Unread 01-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #140
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like the plans. Where did you get the XJ? BTW, I am actually starting to love them when built. Enjoy the new toy.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #141
Martinsc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice. Cant wait to see that build as well.
Martinsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #142
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It belonged to my sister-in-law... My dad ordered a new car, and instead of trying to sell his old one, he decided to give it to her... Which means I get her Jeep!

Unread 01-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #143
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Since I won't have the XJ for another few weeks, and there's nothing else to do to the TJ at the moment... All I've been able to do is dream, and plan...

Since the acquisition of the XJ was unexpected, that build is interfering with my previously stated plans for the TJ. I think I've got it mostly worked out, though. For a while, the XJ will be taking over; I'll do little things here and there to the TJ, but since the XJ will be my main trail vehicle, I need to build it up. I'm going to upgrade my steering on the TJ and pull the trigger on 35's, so I can have the 33's to put on the XJ. I'm currently in the search for new axles for the XJ, and have found two sets of 44/60 with 4.11 gears from '78/'79 f250s, which look promising... After the tires, I'll go ahead and get the RC 6.5" LA lift, AA SYE, and TW driveshaft... Then plenty of skids, frame mods, and finally the 36" iroks.

I'm trying to get in contact with my sister-in-law so she can send me pictures of the XJ... It's pretty clean; much better than what I had been planning on buying.

Unread 01-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #144
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is really cool. You could probably DD it for a little bit of time while you collect parts.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #145
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a great plan man!

If you need any help doing the work im not that far away and id be glad to help!
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #146
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it'll definitely be a DD for a while until the lift goes on, especially when I go on trips... Whenever I go away for the Marines, I hate my gas mileage!

I haven't really found myself needing help with anything thus far, but company and someone to share the beer with is always good... You're welcome down anytime you see that I'm going to be working on something!

Unread 01-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #147
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ha well I don't know about the beer....ive got about 4 more years before thats legal

But I know my way around a vehicle pretty well and would be happy to help
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #148
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Oops. Didn't see that whole age thing...

Unread 01-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #149
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah it tends to catch alot of people off guard since im 6' 270lbs, I tend to look older than I really am.
Unread 01-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #150
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered the Currie Currectlync steering system from Gerald. They're having a great price right now - $329 shipped! He said it will ship out today... Now saving up for the tires!

I'm going to see if I can't fit 33's on the XJ with no lift, just cutting the fenders... If I have to, I'll put 2" spacers and blocks on until I order the RC lift, but... It'll be fun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.