Cconn's build thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Cconn's build thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

Cconn's build thread

Figured I would start one of to have a place to put my updates.

I have owned 2 Jeeps in the past. My first vehicle was an 82 CJ7 Renegade in High School. Kept it pretty much stock due to no money.

A few years ago I built a 77 CJ5 up on 1-tons and 44" tires for mud bogs, then sold it.

In December 2012 I purchased a 2013 2-door JK Sport. Commando Green, manual transmission, manual everything. 3.73 gears. I wish I had gotten a picture of it bone stock. Before I picked it up I had the dealership install a 2" RC budget boost, Black Pacer 17x9 wheels, and Rubicon tires. Couldn't bring myself to drive it around with stock Sport tires and wheels.

Here it is before I picked it up, has new tires but not lifted yet.

Ordered a AEV Premium bumper and Warn 9.5CTI winch and installed myself.

Next I removed all the badging and stickers. Going for the bare militayrish look. Removed the chrome Jeep emblem and replaced it with a black one. Installed a flip up license plate holder to comply with Texas law. Drilled the mirrors for drainage as well.

That is currently how it sits while I am overseas for work. I have ordered some Trek Armor seat covers and new Hood emblems to install when I get home. Can't wait for warmer weather. So far I have only been able to lower the top down twice when the weather got in the 80's for a short period.

Future plans are to replace the RC BB with a 2.5" Rock Krawler Max Flex lift. Install 35" MT/R's. Replace front axle with a ProRock 44 with ARBs and regear to4.88 gears with another ARB in rear. Probably install some new Woods drive shafts as well. Install ARB compressor. Order some Element tube doors before summer hits.
Also thinking about removing carpet and putting Monster Liner down.

2013 Commando Sport. Rock Krawler 2.5" X-Factor lift. 35" MT/R's, 17x9 Pacer black wheels. ProRock 44 front axle. RCV shafts, ARB front and rear lockers. 4.56 gears. Coast 1310 drive shafts. TeraFlex adjustable tire carrier. AEV front bumper. Warn 9.5 CTI winch. TrekArmor seat covers, Spiderweb shade

Build Thread : http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/c.../#post15031329
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
DAYJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just picked up mine this weekend... Looks good with the shiney silver stuff gone...

Utah Jeep Crew Member #47
Cheyenne Trail Junkie

ROADS!? Where we're going, we don't need roads... (Doc)
DAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Love the Jeep man! As soon as my subaru dies, I'm getting one just like this!

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

Installed Element tube doors and mirrors, TrekArmor seat covers, Smittybily soft top cover, mounted a fire extinguisher to the roll cage. Also finally replaced the chrome lug nuts with black ones. Added some hood stickers. I ordered a set of 35" MTR's yesterday so should have them on later this week.
2013 Commando Sport. Rock Krawler 2.5" X-Factor lift. 35" MT/R's, 17x9 Pacer black wheels. ProRock 44 front axle. RCV shafts, ARB front and rear lockers. 4.56 gears. Coast 1310 drive shafts. TeraFlex adjustable tire carrier. AEV front bumper. Warn 9.5 CTI winch. TrekArmor seat covers, Spiderweb shade

Unread 03-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

New Tires.

35x12.50R17 MTR's with Kevlar.

Unread 03-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
DAYJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

looks great, diggin those seat covers too...

Utah Jeep Crew Member #47
Cheyenne Trail Junkie

ROADS!? Where we're going, we don't need roads... (Doc)
DAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYJ View Post
looks great, diggin those seat covers too...
Love the seat covers. Did they come with the Jeep or did you order them separately. Those would look just perfect in my Rubihara- much better than the not-tan seat covers quadratec sent me.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

Seat covers are Trek Armor.

http://www.trekarmor.com/

The rear cover for the 2013 2 door is not listed on the website, but they have them if you call.

Unread 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cconn View Post
Seat covers are Trek Armor.

http://www.trekarmor.com/

The rear cover for the 2013 2 door is not listed on the website, but they have them if you call.
They do look nice- but for nearly $600 for the whole set Ill pass. Can get an entirely new seat for that.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

Removed the 2.5" Rough Country budget boost and installed a Rock Krawler 2.5" X-Factor lift. Gained 2.5 inches in the front and 1.75 inches in the rear over the BB. Installed a TeraFlex tailgate hinge and adjustable tire carrier, and mounted new spare 35 inch tire.

Time Lapse video of the lift install

After lift.

Unread 07-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #11
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

Haven't updated this lately so lets see what I have missed.

Installed a TeraFlex mount with Hi-Lift jack and CB antenna. Also installed TeraFlex rock sliders.

Installed an ARB compressor under the hood.

Mounted some 100w lights to the bumper and put on a Blue Ox 10,000 lb tow bar so I can take the Jeep along with the camper.

Cooltech wiring harness for trailering lights.

A-Pillar switch panel.

Unread 06-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #12
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

Finally got the front ProRock 44 installed. It is the unlimited version with more caster angle and 1/2" tubes. Has 4.56 gears, ARB locker, and RCV shafts. Re-geared the rear axle to 4.56 and installed a second ARB locker there. Changed both drive shafts out for Coast 1310 units.

Unread 06-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #13
d1backwoods
2010 JK Wrangler 

well that escalated quickly....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.