can someone please help (79 cj7) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > can someone please help (79 cj7)

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
tonypajamaz100

can someone please help (79 cj7)

i have a 1979 cj7 straight 6. the original frame rusted out so we went out a 1999-2001 wrangler tub and frame. mounted the axles and engine, but when we were went to put on the drive shafts we noticed that they were 6 in off where they needed to be. It was too close in the rear and too far in the front. Is there anything i can do. If not, what should i do?

tonypajamaz100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
84jeepcj7rock

What suspension are you using?
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
tonypajamaz100

Stock
tonypajamaz100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypajamaz100
Stock
stock for a 79 is leaf springs. Stock for a 99 is coil springs w links. I assume you mean the stock coils w the 99 frame. The I6 was an option in 99 so motor mounts should be interchangeable.
You didn't say which DS where shorter/ longer.
Unread 09-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
84jeepcj7rock

Are the axles centered in the wheel well. If so, then your motor mounts are in the wrong place. If the axles are not centered, the move the rear back and decide if you want to stretch the front. Steering linkage shouldn't line up if the front is 6" forward

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.