C2U5H's 2012 JK Rubicon Miss Cheeto - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > C2U5H's 2012 JK Rubicon Miss Cheeto

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 06-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #76
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepperXJ View Post
Nice looking rig man! I'm on the XJ side but I love watching the progress here! If I were to buy another Jeep (which I will), it would be exactly like yours! The color is awesome. I will be following your progress.

By the way, what camera are you shooting with, your pictures are sweet
Thanks! My first vehicle was an '85 XJ ... so I got the square headlight love, too.

All my stuff is shot with a Nikon D90 paired with the 35mm prime lens, and sometimes with the 55-200mm VR.

Will be missed:
1999 "Deep Amethyst" TJ +3" on 33's
C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #77
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2U5H View Post
Thanks! My first vehicle was an '85 XJ ... so I got the square headlight love, too.

All my stuff is shot with a Nikon D90 paired with the 35mm prime lens, and sometimes with the 55-200mm VR.
Something about that square headlight

But the pictures are awesome! I have considered getting a DSLR, just not sure if I can justify the price. I have looked at both the D90 or the Canon T3i. I would just love to get some quality pictures of my adventures that you just can't get with a point and shoot.

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #78
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

With the EVO oil pan skid and Currie rear coil retention kits arriving today, as well as my parts order from Mcmaster-Carr for the switch pod components, all I'm waiting for is the Rugged Ridge A-pillar switch pod and Currie tire deflator from Q-tec.

All the components for the switch pod came out to $115.46, using quality components built to spec to handle the weather and dust. The RR A-pillar switch pod had be cut hacked up to fit these toggle switches since I'm putting six of them in. Pictures to come, but I basically cut out the entire switch mounting area to get ride of those stupid rocker switch cutout panels it comes molded with, and then I made a thin metal mounting plate that'll be painted silver to accent the rest of the plastic pieces on the dash. Should look good.

• 1st position: DPST toggle switch with a switch protector. Safety switch to enable locker switches. This switch is to be used to provide redundancy as an "arming" switch for the front and rear locker switches so accidental engagement of lockers is avoided. When this switch is off, the two locker switches are inactive.

• 2nd position: SPST toggle switch with a red boot. ESP disable switch. This switch grounds the ESP signal on the violet/light blue wire under the steering wheel to completely disable the ESP and all related vehicle stabilization systems no matter T-case position or speed. Annunciated by ESP lamp on dash.

• 3rd position: SPST toggle switch with a black boot. This switch engages/disengages the front locker manually, regardless of T-case position, vehicle speed, or rear locker status. Annunciated by blinking front locker lamp on dash.

• 4th position: SPST toggle switch with a black boot. This switch engages/disengages the rear locker manually, regardless of T-case position, vehicle speed, or front locker status. Annunciated by blinking rear locker lamp on dash.

• 5th position: 3-way toggle switch with a black boot, annunciated by a blue LED indicator light to the right. For front driving lamps. Up position is hot with ignition, middle position is off, down position is hot when high beams are on. That way, I can turn the driving lights on anytime I want to in one position, and in the other they'll only come only when I switch the high beams on. Keeps me from having to switch them off manually every time another vehicle comes.

• 6th position: 3-way toggle switch with a black boot, annunciated by a yellow LED indicator light to the right. Front auxilliary reverse lights. Up position is hot with ignition, middle position is off, down position is hot when OEM reverse lights are on. That way, I can turn the auxiliary reverse lights on anytime I want to in one position, and in the other they'll only come only when I'm in reverse.

Due to lack of space behind switch pod, the LED indicators will be mounted above the switch panel I made for the pod.
  1. Toggle Boot, 15/32"-32 Bushing, .94" HT, Black, p/n 70205K4, Qty. 4 = $16.48
  2. Toggle Switch Guard For .69" Max Toggle Height, 1/2" Dia Panel, p/n 143T1, Qty. 2 = $36.20
  3. LED Panel Mount Indicating Light, 8 mm Panel Cutout, 12V DC, Blue, p/n 2779K11, Qty. 1 = $5.72
  4. LED Panel Mount Indicating Light, 8 mm Panel Cutout, 12V DC, Yellow, p/n 2779K11, Qty. 1 = $5.72
  5. Toggle Switch, SPDT, On-Off-On, 6 Amps, Quick-Disconnect, p/n 7343K193, Qty. 2 = $10.88 (for lights)
  6. Toggle Switch, SPST, Off-On, 6 Amps, Quick-Disconnect, p/n 7343K184, Qty. 3 = $15.57 (for ESP and locker switches)
  7. Toggle Switch DPST, Off-on, 6 Amps, Quick-disconnect 1, p/n 7343K253, Qty. 1 = $8.00 (for locker arming switch)
jk-wiring-rev-01.jpg  
Will be missed:
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #79
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well, I finally got some goodies put on!! I've been gathering parts for what seems like a half year now for the switch pod. Starting with Rugged Ridge's A-pillar switch pod, without their switches, I cut out the original face. Then I made a thin sheet metal switch baffle, contoured it the best I could, and painted it silver to match the interior trim. Add some JB Weld, botta-bing botta-boom: new switch pod. The reason to do that? ...the backs of the McMaster-Carr toggle switches were too large to fit in Rugged Ridge's original layout. Mine were spaced too far apart to fit within their panels and it looked like crap, so I had to. If I were doing it again, I'd body filler the RR cutouts, sand, and tape off a small section (where body-filled) to paint it textured black.

Here's how mine turned out.

Cutout RR panels

Steel switch baffle

Switched up and installed. The back guts are just wired using flag pole style crimp-on female quick disconnects to the wire diagram previously posted. Used shrink wrap to organize. Used the 8-pole Deutsch connector and heat shrink wire labels from work (hehe). Two loose wires are for ground and the return ESP wire because I didn't have a 10-pole connector.

The switches are as follows starting at the top row from left to right:
1. This is a Normally-Open Double Pole Single Throw (NO DPST) toggle with the protector on it. Without this switch closed, the front and rear locker toggle switches are useless. This is a safety in case one of the locker switches are flipped accidentally, or someone messes with them in the parking lot when she's naked. That was an interesting sentence.

2. A NO Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) toggle switch with the red boot. It is tied inline with the Violet/Light Blue ESP signal wire behind the dash. Closing the switch (flipped up) enables ESP signal to pass through. When flipped down, or open, the ESP signal wire is broken and the ABS, TCS, ESP, DVD, A2Z, PCP ... you get it ... is disabled and is annunciated on the dash. So it's basically an ESP on/off switch. When ESP is switched off, the Jeep needs to be turned off and started back up before the ESP can be restored -- simply switching the ESP back on with the vehicle running will not reset it.

3. A NO SPST toggle with black boot. When the ARM (1) switch is on, this switch will independently actuate and disengage the front axle locker. With the ARM switch off, this toggle is useless. Annunciated on the dash.

4. Same as (3), but for the rear axle locker.

5. 3-way ON-OFF-ON, or a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) toggle switch with black boot. This switch is for the HID driving lights I'm throwing back on in the near future and is annunciated by the blue LED above the ARM switch. Center is off, up is on when high beams are on, down is ignition hot. So I can basically either control the driving lights by the high beam stalk and not having to worry about switching them off when a car comes. Or, I can turn them on whenever the hell I want.

6. Same as the driving lights switch (5), but for a to-be-purchased set of aux. backup lights or something. The UP position will be triggered by either the high beam or reverse light ... so I just left the wire zip-tied by the other relays in the engine bay until then. It's annunciated by the yellow LED above the ESP switch.

Wiring goes through the firewall at the little foamed up hole behind the interior dash. Engine side is loomed and shrink wrapped. Just used a clothes hanger and poked it on through. See the red circle there ... I still have to crimp the other connector on for it to be complete.

All wired up are the three relays on the headlight harness from Susquehanna MotorSports. To their left are the factory locker relays, and you can see where I tapped into them with waterproof taps. Front relay has the Violet/Green wire; rear relay has the Violet/Blue wire.
Will be missed:
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #80
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

I also threw on EVO ProTeK oil pan skid during my last oil change. Solid.

So vulnerable ...

Sex
Will be missed:
Unread 07-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #81
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Things are under-way! Placed an order the other day:
- Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel
- Old Man Emu Sport long travel shocks (3.5" - 5")
- Synergy exhaust spacers
- Teraflex bumpstops

I also chopped the stock front bumper while it rained out there all day! I removed the entire bumper, separated the metal and plastic portions, and used a cutoff wheel on a 5" angle grinder to chop'er up ... it's all I had ... no hacksaw, so sawzall. Then used a medium grit flap disc to clean up the plastic and steel edges ... the stock bumper is made from surprisingly thick plastic. I'll be plastic welding caps on the end to clean it up when I find some donor plastic ... I also primed the edges of the steel portion that I cut to keep it from rusting. I also chucked the stock air dam / sway bar disconnect motor "skid." Cell phone (Droid X) pic:
Will be missed:
Unread 08-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #82
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Updated the first page.

Got four out of six total boxes today for the Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel lift kit -- everything but the coil springs. So ... wheelin' stock height at Topless for TATAS at Rausch Creek, PA tomorrow.

The coil springs will probably be here tomorrow or Monday, so the lift will be installed on Thursday (8/8) next week. Everything was packaged securely and all components are SUPER BEEFY!!

Stoked!!
Will be missed:
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #83
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Had a great time at the Topless For TATAS event up at Rausch Creek Offroad Park up in Tremont, PA. Unfortunately, even ordering the RK lift two weeks earlier didn't give RK enough time to get it out to me before the event. Got four of the six boxes the day before the event, missing the coil springs. Oh well! Wheeled her stock, and she did great. No damage, just some minor scrapes and scratches on the LCA and shock mounts on the axles.

Putting the lift on Wednesday!
399379_4362086051369_1555823117_n.jpg   427393_4362107131896_597796443_n.jpg   526489_4362108491930_870624213_n.jpg   526402_4362093571557_2055917882_n.jpg   547838_4362097891665_2028516790_n.jpg  

Will be missed:
Unread 08-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #84
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

In the middle of the lift install now, but ran into procurement issues: ends up, Quadratec sent me the wrong front shocks. The 60047L front shocks use bar pins on the axle mount, not a through-bolt. The JK needs a through-bolt type mount. They sent me a sleeve kit to correct this yesterday, but the OME bushings are non-serviceable and the bar pins completely destroy the bushing when being removed. Called them up and let them know and the "right" shocks will be here by Monday ... so now the Cheeto mobile is sitting up on jack stands up at the parent's house (where all my tools are), still.

Going to try and install the OEM front shocks and run them until the correct OME ones come next week. Just no offroading, speed bumps, or anything crazy until then, obvisously.

But the rest of the front is on, and man ... it looks great. Can't wait for the 37's in a few months!
Will be missed:
Unread 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #85
Recon26
2007 JK Wrangler 

Can't wait for the completed pics!

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet
Unread 08-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #86
06moneypit
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I missed the TATA run; looks like it was a good time. Was just up there 2 weeks ago myself. Can't wait to see pics of it with the lift completed

Mark
06moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #87
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well she sits at lift height now! But no shocks: turns out the rears were the wrong application as well. The holes in the ears of the bar pins are too small for the OEM bolts. Great. Have to call tomorrow morning.

The rest of the kit went on fine, though. Can't wait to drive it.

Things left to do:
  • Install front and rear shocks (grr)
  • Install top portion of Currie rear coil spring retention kit (bottom portions are installed)
  • Add slack to rear ABS and E-brake lines
  • Torque everything down to spec
  • Install Teraflex exhaust spacers
  • Reem out front sway bar end link holes to 1/2" and install front sway bars
  • Recenter steering wheel
  • Get alignment
forumrunner_20120812_163323.jpg   forumrunner_20120812_163341.jpg  
Will be missed:
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #88
JKUCRUSHMIKE

Nice rig man, i just joined the fourm as I ended up here by searching for the trucklights that I am about to order this week with the rallylights harness. What does your signature mean C2U5H? Are you still happy with the headlights?
JKUCRUSHMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #89
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUCRUSHMIKE
Nice rig man, i just joined the fourm as I ended up here by searching for the trucklights that I am about to order this week with the rallylights harness. What does your signature mean C2U5H? Are you still happy with the headlights?
Hey there, Mike (I assume)! Welcome to the forum. The Truck-lites are really amazing, and they make night driving enjoyable again. The install is simple as long as you add a strip of tape to each of the three alignment tabs on the back of the Truck-lite housing -- this ensures a tight install (see my Truck-lites post again if ya missed it). The harness makes the install even more clean, and you'll have no flickering.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions on the install!

My signature? I'm not sure what you mean, but my screen name "C2U5H" is lazy leet speak (or hacker type) for CRUSH, the color of my JK.
Will be missed:
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #90
JKUCRUSHMIKE

Thanks I have a crush unlimited and am looking for plate ideas and I was intrigued by your crush spelling.
JKUCRUSHMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.